Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am
All times are UTC + 0
Final sun - What can make land undeployable for buidings?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Abom
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject:  Final sun - What can make land undeployable for buidings? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FS Tiberian sun:
Without using veins, hills or any landscape, i want to have a piece of land where you can't place a building, is it some kind of Dummy i have to place there?
Hope someone knows!

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use a unused overlay, RUBBLE_OVERLAY, RA1 remnants etc. Any of them would do the job.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Abom
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow thanks, I will try that when I get home,

I also found (after googling rubble_overlay), a code like this:

[Beach]
Foot=100%
Buildable=no

I've never seen the land codes like [beach], cuz this one is from ' tiberian sun rewired', so I'm curious if its an original code and if TS will read it.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Beach is a default landtype, included in original rules.ini
However, you don't need to change any landtype. Placing a simple overlay with Land=clear is already enough, since the Overlay itself is blocking the cell for any building, while it is still passable for units

Since rubble overlays don't exist in TS, i would suggest using TRACKS16. (this is just a single visible pixel as image)
Add the following to the map to make it passable like clear ground but make the cell unbuildable.
[TRACKS16]
Land=Clear
Though you can also keep it with the default Land=Railroad. It's still passable but unbuildable, so you don't even have to add any code at all to the map.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Abom
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Beach is a default landtype, included in original rules.ini
However, you don't need to change any landtype. Placing a simple overlay with Land=clear is already enough, since the Overlay itself is blocking the cell for any building, while it is still passable for units

Since rubble overlays don't exist in TS, i would suggest using TRACKS16. (this is just a single visible pixel as image)
Add the following to the map to make it passable like clear ground but make the cell unbuildable.
[TRACKS16]
Land=Clear
Though you can also keep it with the default Land=Railroad. It's still passable but unbuildable, so you don't even have to add any code at all to the map.

Man, i really appreciate your reply! You sound like you hacked c&c inside out. Thanks alot!

... This indeed answers my question, though i want to let tiberium grow on that land too.. Lets find the code for that...
OH, seems like [Beach] was a shore, not the sandy land, so i did it on [Rough] and it works!
btw i never really looked in rules.ini, kinda silly after all my time of map making, never realized it was all there, always have been using TibEd to look up the codes [Bumps my head but is glad]

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not possible for two different overlay types to share the same cell, so it's impossible to allow tiberium to grow on any cell where a different overlay is present.

If you're trying to do this for a mod, then you could make a clone of the clear ground tile set (both the actual files and the code) and change the ground type to something else for the cloned.

If this is vanilla TS however, the only option you really have then is to cover the area where you don't want people to build with ramps by raising/lowering the ground by 1 cell.
You can't build on uneven ground, but tiberium can still grow there.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think that's right.
I've seen people with crashes because they had Tiberium on ramps.
The topic should be around here somewhere...

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC some specific tiberium overlay can be placed on slopes while other tiberium overlay causes a crash when on slopes.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TIB01-TIB12 are for flat ground (the first 12 overlays; TIB2_01-12 for vinifera etc)
TIB13-TIB16 are for slopes (not sure if they are also facing specific, like TIB13 only for NW slopes and crashing for other facings)

Only Cruentus doesn't has the 4 slope overlays, thus it can't grow on slopes (and crashes when forced to be spawned there by art.ini debris)

@RP:
Bittah mentioned that tiberium can grow on ramps. He didn't suggested to place Tib on slopes in FinalSun.
When people put tiberium on slopes in FinalSun, they usually use the wrong ones which indeed cause a crash. But if you place the right slope Overlays in FinalSun, the game works fine.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
(not sure if they are also facing specific, like TIB13 only for NW slopes and crashing for other facings)

They are indeed facing-specific, but the logic behind them is really weird. Some slope facings are corresponded by two different overlays for the same facing, while most slopes have no specific overlay. The same is with veins, but they are more limited. I'm at work, so I can't check which overlay is for which slope.

Abom
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great guys,

well it works for me.. i'm just making an awesome tower defense where you gotta kill cyborgs for tiberium.. They just appear from a repairhut and disappear into another repairhut 20 cells across, you just gotta kill m fast with rpg's haha.. Engineer=yes ofcourse.. and they have script attack waypoint (on repairhut)... i just love triggers.. you can be so creative, when i'm ready i'll show you guys, thanks for yall reply's

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon