Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
EASB Hour 2015 beta has been released!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject:  EASB Hour 2015 beta has been released! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EASB Hour is a total conversion mod of Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge.  Its theme is loosely based on Command&Conquer Generals. These is no GLA in this mod. Instead a new Russia is created.

We know that EA tried to make Generals' China a real "Chinese" side, but it did make a lot of stupid mistakes. If you play Generals China campaign and you happen to know Chinese, you will notice that the  streets of Beijing is filled with "Barbecue"“Soda”. Chinese music also included some tunes of a Chinese love song. It was a big joke for us. So to be sarcastic, we didn't remove these stupid signs but placed them LARGE on Chinese buildings. Also we picked the real Chinese/Russian/American music&songs to emphasis on the sides' specifics.  Well.....take that easy.

We want to create simple, C&C styled battle with better battlefield effects. Just like a group of GIs can take out an APOC tank.

The USA side uses light and high-tech units most. Colonel Boreale can call down powerful devashtehting Dradnot Dyeep Thsrike from Spess. Dragon Slayer UGV can slay any vehicle with its ultra powerful laser weapon.

China uses incendiary ,nuclear and jamming weapons. Inferno Cannon is armed with a fuel-air warhead which can knock out vehicle crew. Hacker, ECM and Helix can disable enemy vehicles from a distance.

(Click in the thumbnail above for a higher quality screenshot)

Russia is the most simple side. No extra command needed. Assault Tank has the most fierce firepower in this mod. Machine shop produces T54 tanks for free. Just overwhelm the enemy with tanks!

(Click in the thumbnail above for a higher quality screenshot)

EASB Hour has a story line that unites Red Alert 3 with its own story (Orbital Downpour?LOL), explains why the three sides began to fight and the campaign is under construction. If any mapper is interested and wants to help, please contact us.

Download at
http://www.moddb.com/mods/easb-hour/downloads/easb-hour-beta
(Mirror at PPM: http://www.ppmsite.com/?go=download&file=EASB%20Hour%20Beta.exe)

Acknowledged bug: Russian Machine Shop snow theater file was corrupted during packing. It will be invisible after construction. Will fix it in next release.

Last edited by kenosis on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:28 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FARTING AWESOME!!!!!V Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kenosis, I'm gonna have to edit this news. I can't let a 6mb image go to the frontpage. It is far too heavy for it (I usually cut anything bigger than 1mb).

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is linked from moddb and will it take too much space?

Edit: OK I understand. I'll edit it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not a matter of webspace. The problem are the mobile users with limited bandwidth or poor 3G connection. The news is not just displayed in the front page, it is also displayed in the mobile site.

Thanks for editing it. I'll mirror the images in PPM and ensure that all images follow the policy of the main site (600 pixels wide).

Update: The post has been edited with everything that I had to do. Anyway, congrats on the release, kenosis. I think it would be interesting if you could make a video of your mod featuring the gameplay, even if it is a match between you and AI. Its' the best way to promote a mod nowadays.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!