Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Yet another Mix program
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
dube.g
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject:  Yet another Mix program Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys.
I know ccmix exists and it's already really cool, but I also like graphical interfaces and I got annoyed by the usability of Xcc Mix Editor, so I'm working on replacing it.

It's a windows forms application targeting the .NET 3.5 framework.

Right now it's not really useful. You can navigate through mix files and extract their content by selecting and right-clicking rows.

I thought I'd prefer receiving feedback on its interface sooner than later.

Repository: github.com/dubeg/cnctools
Binaries: github.com/dubeg/cnctools/releases

As a side note, when this will be finished, I'll move to Phrohdoh's Shp editor to help development, so there's that :^)

mixmanager.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.71 KB
 Viewed:  5434 Time(s)

mixmanager.PNG

Last edited by dube.g on Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks ok but XCC Mixer fulfills practically every mix editing need, so there isn't much demand for another program.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Olaf's Mix Editor kinda sucks. If you have 40+ maps to add into a mix file then you have to add them 1 by 1... It's extremely frustrating and repetitive. If you could just click insert/add and CTRL+a (select all files) then click open and you'd be done. It would save 5-10 minutes. Depending on the amount of files.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's XCC Mix Editor (which has been redundant & unsupported for over 10 years), XCC Mixer can handle hundreds of files at a time without any problems.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:
Olaf's Mix Editor kinda sucks. If you have 40+ maps to add into a mix file then you have to add them 1 by 1... It's extremely frustrating and repetitive. If you could just click insert/add and CTRL+a (select all files) then click open and you'd be done. It would save 5-10 minutes. Depending on the amount of files.

What!? You realise you can just drag and drop all selected files into it instantly and hit save O_O ? Same as XCC Mixer... :/

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XCC Mixer is old and is already haveing issues while it might get unsupported by the operation systems in the future. It's buggy. This fine, but if it would have a preview + be as nice as Windows Explorer with its interface, it'd be good.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Phrohdoh
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I hope you'll consider using a cross-platform UI toolkit over winforms directly as not everyone here runs a version of Windows.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:

What!? You realise you can just drag and drop all selected files into it instantly and hit save O_O ? Same as XCC Mixer... :/

Since when? :O

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XCC Mix Editor is junk. Use XCC Mixer. Way better.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:
ApolloTD wrote:

Since when? :O

I have no idea, I've done it for YEARS, never in my whole modding time have I dragged files 1 by 1 into mix or I sure don't even remember it...

Unless yours is some ancient xcc mix editor that you need to update?

http://xhp.xwis.net/utilities/XCC_Utilities.exe

Try that and if not work explain the problem when you drag multiple files in, do they not appear or you just never tried dragging more than one at a time...

dube.g
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, I was like DaRTzO,  I didnt know we could do that with Mixer.

I'll have to rethink this. Maybe use GTK for multiplat instead, so that it still provides value.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you plan to go multi-platform, I suggest you investigate either QT or wxWidgets.

dube.g
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I checked wxWidget, it is not in active dev anymore. Do you have experience with it? And Qt and csharp is not very popular :/

Im checking mono and gtk# atm.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always used insert and tried to select all and open but that never worked in the first place so I never tried to drag and drop... LOL

I'm really feeling this "WAT" right now.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dube.g wrote:
I checked wxWidget, it is not in active dev anymore.
Im checking mono and gtk# atm.

Are you sure about that? Because from the looks of it, and its forums, this framework is alive and kicking.
I can know, because I'm using it at this very moment.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

dube.g
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh my mistake. I meant to say the csharp port of wxwidget is not in active dev. last release is in 2011 :v

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Abandon Mono. .NET is coming to Linux... Mono is destined to die.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum