Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am
All times are UTC + 0
Goliath Mine
Moderators: Atomic_Noodles
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:58 am    Post subject:  Goliath Mine
Subject description: I lost a bomb...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vroom Vroom! - Goliath when Selected

Goliath Mine
Affiliation: Soviet Union
Primary Weapon: 60kg HE
Role: Suicide Unit
Cost: N/A
Speed: Fast
Armor: Plastic Frame
Movement: Land
Requirements: N/A
Additional Info:
- Only spawnable by Crazy Ivan
- Explodes on death
- Immune to Mind Control
- Immune to Radiation

The Goliath Mine is a basic tracked vehicle controlled remotely by a wire cable. The Goliath Mine are usually deployed by Crazy Ivans within the Soviet Forces as a means of delivering explosives with more expendable units in the battlefield. Due to its small size the Goliath is invisible from Radar. However their basic construction also makes it very easy for them to be destroyed usually only taking a couple of fire from even small arms to detonate from a safe distance.

P.S. This Unit replaces the old R/C Bombs Crazy Ivans had.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very interesting! Does this replace Ivan's ordinary bombs or is it a deployfire extra?

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're dropping the RC bombcars?! But why the RC bombcars?!  D:

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its a deploy weapon.

And as to why? It fits with the whole WW of giving Soviets Nazi weapons and the toy car voxel was too big.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see we kicked an interesting topic lose when we compared Soviet/Nazi arsenals the other day.
I also feel like the R/C cars (I didn't know you had them before) would be more fun to use, they seem so much more RA2-like (if you want to go for RA2's comedic atmosphere), and somehow seem to fit the "crazy" aspect of Crazy Ivan more than a professional demolition device.

But the Goliath certainly is also a great idea to use.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well westwood had already done it with the mammoth tank in RA1 the half-track,kirov,and the design of the conscript were evidence of it still in effect in RA2. just wanted to further keep it in full effect. :p

The toy car was inspired by the "german" version of the GLA terrorist in Generals. That and it was too big. This new form also seems to just be small enough for my taste.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there anything that will prevent Ivan from just spamming a Goliaths to a huge army of free units?
I have a similar issue in my mod where a unit sets up sentry guns when deploying... given enough time, you can spam an entire layer of base defenses for free, which is kind of unbalanced. I realize kamikaze units are somewhat different cause they'll blow each other up when massing them on a target, but still...

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not much... They do have very little HP so they can be easily killed by the Anti-Infantry Units. And believe me I've tried out spamming it as well and only about 5 of the 50+ i spawned made it through to destroying their Target (A War Factory). Their frailty in general just makes them easy to clear out and you're supposed to use them mainly similar to the Demo Truck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon