Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
DOOOOOOOOOM
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject:  DOOOOOOOOOM Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca1cHfu1cso&hd=1[/youtube]
I now have a reason to look forward to E3 Very Happy

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: DOOOOOOOOOM Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

inb4 this.

Razz

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graphics always improve but else I am not sure what is new in the shooter genre as I used to play every doom and all years back.

When you've been to hell itself and killed every damn demon, not sure where it goes from there Very Happy

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Graphics always improve but else I am not sure what is new in the shooter genre as I used to play every doom and all years back.

When you've been to hell itself and killed every damn demon, not sure where it goes from there Very Happy

afaik it's a reboot and from the gameplay aspect it will be like the first doom, free roaming, fast paced mayhem, just like the old days.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So it's another retelling of the Doom 1 story just like Doom 3 was? #Tongue

I'll definitely check it out because it's Doom and there's like one a decade. I just don't know what they could really improve or do differently, but I hope they manage both. As Apollo kinda said, I think the FPS genre is so stale I'd love something genuinely fresh.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: DOOOOOOOOOM Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
inb4 this.
*snip what if quake was done today vid*

Razz

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4yIxUOWrtw&hd=1[/youtube]
#Tongue
Apparently there are also a part 2 and 3.

But yeah, I really hope it will have the graphics of now, but with the oldskool Doom gameplay of run and gun with open maps. I still play Doom2 regularly with various WADs.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If this is a well-done remake of the original (A good example of this done well would be Black Mesa is a remake of Half-Life) then I'm an instant sale.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hydraw Art on Facebook

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whats got my juices flowing about doom is that its going back to the gun-and-run concept! No more of this cover and hide regen health BS.

Fast open arena combat single(story)/multiple player.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks great. sounds great. I mean seriously nice addition having the E1M1 music from Doom 1 make an appearance in that trailer. Hope the actual sound track is every bit as badass.

I will say though...if that was a cyberdemon shown at the end of the trailer...i felt disappointed by it and the cliched lurch forward and scream of how it got introduced in the trailer. But all the rest looks quite nice. Seems fast paced and full of ztype yous. Perhaps even took some tips from Brutal Doom with extra blood and what appears to be near fatality like melee.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm looking forward to this #Tongue

E3 gameplay demo:

Multiplayer demo:

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You guys are all clamoring for Doom and I'm sitting here just waiting for Black Ops 3.

Steam

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is still too "modern", this is not the Doom I grew up with Sad .

The slow mo effect that happens when you swap weapons destroys the immersion and it seems you can abuse it, also, everything drops ammo, even monsters that don't have... meh. Atleast the powerup that turns you into that-monster-that-throws-rockets-and-I-don't-remember-its-name is cool imo, and it expands what the original lore had. Turn yourself into a demon for power, loose sanity once you win the match, become another enemy for the real doom guy to kill in single player.

I was expecting this game to beat brutal doom but... well... meh, I'll keep waiting for X Com 2.

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The video is just plain awesome. I will get this, no matter what #Tongue

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Brutal DOOM is overrated, IMO.

Not seeing a whole lot of modern besides the visuals though. No reloads on the guns, fast movement speed. Slow and easy to dodge projectiles, clumsy and oafish monsters, screams DOOM.

Maybe the way everything drops pickups fits the bill, but if there is one aspect of old-school shooters that gamers have lost patience for is backtracking the entire map for the lone medkit and bullet box in the corner of that one room

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think it looks and feels excellent, its everything oldschool taken into account for a modern audience, it looks and feels crisp, brutal and like fun. the graphics really DO remind me of doom 1 and 2, especially the hell levels have that typical old doom feel.

Also that "rocket throwing monster demon" is a revenant.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum