Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 am
All times are UTC + 0
MadHQ's Graveyard
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 14 [652 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 12, 13, 14 Next
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
Right, and out of pure curiosity and not to derail the thread - how many maps are going to make full use of that amount of cliff tiles?

That depends of your definition of "full use"?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why, is the number of D-Day maps with new cliffs so large that the answer changes by tens depending on how I define "full use"?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Moon Pies!  Cool

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I fail to see what I have done to earn such hostility from you?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
I fail to see what I have done to earn such hostility from you?

I was sort of wondering the same thing... Thats why my post to this was just a stupid post. Razz

Maybe Speeder is jealous about something...

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I fail to see where the hostility or jealously are in the question I've asked.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even if just one map uses one of those cliff tiles then I guess it was worth it. But really if you're designing maps from scratch then it'd be interesting to think of where you want 2 height cliffs vs 4 height and so on to make more interesting height differences.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also don't see the initial question having been hostile... I think to the original question, the obvious answer is that no single map will make use of ALL those tiles. But, all maps taken together, I'm sure they find their place somewhere.

And ME is right that "full use" should be clarified in order to give a meaningful answer to the question... tiles are either on a map, or they are not. Either used or not used. How can they not be "fully" used?

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy HollyWeird!  Laughing

The funny thing is how shitty my 3d modeling skills have gotten... The 3d models those converted from sucked...  Laughing

And I guess 3dsmax 2013 does not work with 3ds2vxl... exporting to 3ds doesnt keep colors... I had to export to obj.>import into blender then export as 3ds...

I think I might make some more hollyweird vxls... those were kind of fun...

jpcar.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  114.14 KB
 Viewed:  19230 Time(s)

jpcar.png

echo1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  113.01 KB
 Viewed:  19234 Time(s)

echo1.png

batcar.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  225.73 KB
 Viewed:  19234 Time(s)

batcar.png

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ta-ta-daa-ta-ta-daaaaaaaaaaa Ta-ta-daa-daa-ta-ta-daa-daaaaa-daaaaaaa *oh my god i'm being mauled by dinosaurs!*

That's some nice work.

YR.exe -dinosaurpark

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Groovy!!

groovy.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.94 KB
 Viewed:  19182 Time(s)

groovy.png

dumbvan.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  103.38 KB
 Viewed:  19181 Time(s)

dumbvan.png

scooby.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  89.71 KB
 Viewed:  19181 Time(s)

scooby.png

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damnit. I wanted to do the first Echo-1 voxel! Very Happy

Goodjob anyway. Mystery Machine is my fav.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because I can release them! That's why!  Laughing

HollyWeird vxl Pack 1!

I have also released 8 new maps. Two of the maps are fan made RA3 maps, I remade them for Ra2 because I liked them. (The original author is okay with it. Razz  )

You guys hopefully should know were to download this crap if you want it...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

love the dumb and dumber dog van. Smile

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ohh behave Very Happy nice UK schemed car Smile

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am glad some one realized that was the dumb and dumber van.

Crusher=WIN!

crusher.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  278.06 KB
 Viewed:  19092 Time(s)

crusher.png

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Red Alert 2: Farming Simulator 2015

farm1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  289.8 KB
 Viewed:  19056 Time(s)

farm1.png

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mad Max Fury Road vehicles when? #Scrambles

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is that... a buggy-ized tractor?
(upper left)

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like a pretty normal tractor.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
Mad Max Fury Road vehicles when? #Scrambles

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm now actually thinking how to implement a farming sim in the YR engine...

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well you would make several types of ores to be your "crops", then you make a unit that you can deploy into a special oremine that only spreads only of those new types, finally you make the miners into combines and the refineries into a storage bay(that auto-sells). You have implemented crops for farming. (also use IFV logic for tractors.) It will look odd when the normal harvesters start harvesting crops so to prevent that you should find a way to make it only harvestable by the combines.

Now it would be look better in tiberian sun because tiberium spreads by itself and in your seeder could still move around. (By making it spawn "crops" (tiberium) when you fire) Also IFV like logic is it possible in tiberian sun with no hardcoding?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You'd have to redo the theater inis to only allow tiberium on your farm crop tile set... but rather than planting I'd just add 2 invisible ore mines (one at each end of the field).

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about a simplified version, where crop fields are just oil derricks with anim slowly damaging itself? They can be set as costly and slow to build and only profitable when the player send "workers"  or "tractors" to repair them.

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trans_C wrote:
How about a simplified version, where crop fields are just oil derricks with anim slowly damaging itself? They can be set as costly and slow to build and only profitable when the player send "workers"  or "tractors" to repair them.

That would probably work better. Not like I know how to make sph's anyway's.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too bad there's only two damage stages, it would look nicer if there were more stages to display how the field is slowly being harvested as it damages itself.

Ares Advanced Rubble feature could then give you an empty field when the field is completely harvested, then you send a farmer or whatever into the empty field to make it grow again...

All very interesting!

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could use both actually having the oil derrick look like a automatic harvesting contraption (also give it an animation that is it harvesting itself that pauses at the damage states) that you send seeders to "restock" (repair) it then you replace the normal ore types with crop types plus add as many ore types as you want and make sure it has growth and spreading tags. Also replace oremines with watering machines.

(Why are we still talking about this?) (Also all the tiberian sun stuff can be made in RA2(at least most of it))

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Needs split thread.
"RA2 to Age of Empires tc"
(or "to Harvest Moon")

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agreed.

But where to Red Alert 2 Research Center or Red Alert 2 Editing Forums.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mad Max: Unspoiled Road...  Laughing

Mad Max: Fury Road.... Coming... some time...

day1.png
 Description:
I did not care to much about scale or color on these...
 Filesize:  155.56 KB
 Viewed:  18617 Time(s)

day1.png

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are awesome...
(but you are right, the scale is abit off... just look at the pickup next to that tanker truck... but they are still great)

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look nice and are the red vehicles remappable or just red?

badbully
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isaac_The_Madd wrote:
They look nice and are the red vehicles remappable or just red?

no they aren't as they are civilian cars.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always thought units should have a Color= tag like projectiles... would give so many options for civilian cars.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am still working on all those Mad Max vxls... About half way done... I had to take a break from them... There a pain, and there not looking so great... Ra2's pallet/voxel does support this style of detail... And I just did not want to make the vxls large and scale them down... So I have to fudge what I can...

Anyway, I released 9 new maps... All Island maps... LOL! I have 71 maps on my site.  Laughing

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That looks very promising. Looking forward to those Mad Max units too. Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow Mad, you're a machine. Throw some of that motivation my way.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy crap! I should've paid attention to this thread. Those are some nice civvie vehicles there Cool Looking forward for their release.

And not if I beat you to making post-apoc mods of civvie vehicles Twisted Evil

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No no no no! Very Happy
He is open for TS now Very Happy

Good job, Mad!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the looks of Wrecktropolis Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Neat. Will include 2 of those in TI.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes its possible!

Ridge Carnage ( 2-8 ) Old

Ridge Carnage ( 2-8 ) New

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes! the double post! Because I can!

Anyways 10 new maps and 1 rework.

Also I am working to 100 maps, Then I shall release a 100 map pack! Only 19 more to go!  Razz

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome work commander Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

**Wipes sweat from brow**
Took longer to get all this finished and uploaded then I thought it would...
If you would like to download any of this crap, all can be found on my site.

Mad Max Voxel Pack:
Some of these may need a little more work... But I have spent way to much time on these and can not waist anymore time on them...

Civi Vehicles voxel pack:
Made from the vehicles I made for the MadMax vxl pack... (Vehicles in red area are WW/EA Voxel, there for comparison)

Farm Vehicles voxel pack:

Monster Truck voxel pack:

I also have released 3 halloween themed Ra2/YR maps. I posted these in the map archive section on this forum but no one seemed to care... But I might as well add them here as well...

I also have released 4 new Ra2/YR maps, and 1 rework.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will include all of your maps to YRNW, MadHQ

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy cow... O.O

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Voxels, SHPs, maps, your work is absolutely incredible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 14 [652 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 12, 13, 14 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon