Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Explosions for everyone
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3 [120 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:  Explosions for everyone
Subject description: WARNING! A lot of .GIFs
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EDIT: this thread is for scrap/unused explosion animations now, so no more requests. I'm not open for suggestions unless I ask for them.

Attached animations are for public usage, please remember to credit when used.

exp_large01_render02.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.8 KB
 Viewed:  23370 Time(s)

exp_large01_render02.gif

fire_large01_shorter01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.91 KB
 Viewed:  23369 Time(s)

fire_large01_shorter01.gif

fire_large01_constant01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.54 KB

fire_large01_constant01.gif

fire_large01_render02.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.27 KB

fire_large01_render02.gif

Last edited by DonutArnold on Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:24 am; edited 4 times in total

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oil explosion. May be from Oil Derrick, oil barrels.
As you like it and which one works best.
Size 100x100 pixels max size.
Not looping.
Lenght 20-30 frames.
Thank you!! Smile

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nuclear explosion with mushroom cloud
-as big as possible of about 1000x1500pixel (downsizing can be done later to fit into mods)
-as realistic as possible and many frames (something around 100-500 frames, shortening the anim can still be done or played faster by using a high Rate in art.ini)

Right now there is no public nuke explosion available and the only choices are the small TD or rather ugly RA2 nuke.
So i think many would benefit from such an anim.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vote for nuke anim

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jesus LKO Laughing

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Right now there is no public nuke explosion available

There are. Remus made three variants of a nukeanim - one has it's colors tweaked in Apollo's complete RA2 anim replacement pack, but noidea where there were originally released - there was also a guy who made a shitty nukeanim with like 200 frames for TS, released somewhere in TibWeb IIRC, Tony had some really crude ones when he tried with animations... hell Mig even made two - his nukeanim experiment from the "welcome to FumeFX" thread made around 2011 is also free to convert besides he also made that nukeanim with the shockwave-overlap issue you specifically even commented on.

The ludicrous amount of frames are nonsense anyway. Such an animation would be megabytes-big with a lag spike when loaded up and jarry edges at the right.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A flamethrower animation kind of like the one used in MO would be nice (not saying copy it, but something useful for that kind of weapon).

EDIT: I guess this is technically asking for two pieces, a projectile and explosion.  I guess I could use the last small flame GIF as a projectile so I guess I'd like a fiery blast explosion if I've got to choose.

EDIT2: Because apparently I can't read, no looping, scale should be about a cell in size not sure how that translates in SHP size, frames should be about average. Sorry I'm not very good with details, I'm not looking for anything very specific though.

Last edited by Darkstorm on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A growing circular grid. (Probably blue turning white) - For a Radar Scan Animation. Probably something as big that can fit around a 5x5 cell radius.

Like the effect you see with Radar Scan in Generals.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
*snip*

No anim shown in the original post are suitable to be a projectile. I'm tempted to say tho that this is the most useful idea made, because I only know about one nice looking flamethrower trailer iirc on TibWeb.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
A growing circular grid. (Probably blue turning white) - For a Radar Scan Animation. Probably something as big that can fit around a 5x5 cell radius.

You can do this in GIMP or even windows paint, since this is just some lines and circles in a plain color.
Nothing for which you would have to use particles, noise maps, smoke anims, debris and other fancy 3D stuff

Public SHPs

Tools

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Atomic_Noodles: Your request actually wasn't related to explosions/fire at all, but here ya go:

radar_scan01_render01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.78 KB
 Viewed:  23150 Time(s)

radar_scan01_render01.gif

radar_scan01.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  radar_scan01.zip
 Filesize:  90.92 KB
 Downloaded:  346 Time(s)

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a poor test render of nuke, perhaps someone will find some use for it:

nuke02_render01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  637.67 KB
 Viewed:  23116 Time(s)

nuke02_render01.gif

nuke02_test.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nuke02_test.zip
 Filesize:  1.55 MB
 Downloaded:  553 Time(s)

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I fear that the anti-aliasing around the edges will be a pain to remove/fix.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Radar scan is really nifty. I'll find use for that myself. Smile

Algerian Major
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:

Code:
explosion:
   donutnuke: donutnuke
      BlendMode: Additive

No more issues with edges. #Tongue

=======================

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make another smokey shrapnel explosion suitable for a collapsing building (similar to your first one but black/gray smoke) and render it on a white background please Smile

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Mig Eater wrote:

Code:
explosion:
   donutnuke: donutnuke
      BlendMode: Additive

No more issues with edges. #Tongue

I approve this statement

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Second test render without AA

nuke02_render02.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  639.92 KB
 Viewed:  23057 Time(s)

nuke02_render02.gif

nuke02_render02.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nuke02_render02.zip
 Filesize:  1.55 MB
 Downloaded:  332 Time(s)

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any chance you could recreate the pre-release RA2 nuke explosion?  I think Tomson has some footage of it in his thread.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@LKO: here's your nuke, in size 400x760 and 100 frames though

nuke02_render03.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.95 MB
 Viewed:  23032 Time(s)

nuke02_render03.gif

nuke02_render03.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nuke02_render03.zip
 Filesize:  4.94 MB
 Downloaded:  614 Time(s)

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good color selection and feels like an appropriate length for a nuke. I like it.

edit: as I make a comment about it's size, you post a super-sized version. XD

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Impressive work. Good job.

=======================

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
@LKO: here's your nuke, in size 400x760 and 100 frames though

looks really good, though i have few points of criticism (as always  Very Happy )
-at the start till frame 13 there are these yellow spheres popping up like bubbles. They look very odd imo. Better would be one single big NUKEBALL similar center which quickly expands and then changes into the smoke column.
-the start looks more like a slow burning object (due to the bubbles) than a big blast going off in milliseconds.
-the initial blast should be quicker expanding and the ascending smoke column should last much longer (the current one has a similar cartoonish effect like the RA2 nuke due to the fast disappearing smoke)
-there is no smoke column. A nuke leaves a visible thin column of dark smoke in the center, while yours only has the ascending fire cloud (such fire clouds without a column are also more common for big gas explosions)
-the initial explosion should be pure bright white and no darker smoke visible until for example the 10th frame. Then the bright color should fade quickly back to the ones you used. Later an animated alpha image can be added to increase the bright explosion effect.
-the smoke and flames could have more smaller details. right now they look like zoomed in flames, not like countless tiny flames cumulating into a huge inferno from a nuke explosion. The scaling between the flames/smoke is just not fitting compared to the size of the whole anim.

The current one is imo better suited for a huge gas explosion than a nuke.

here's an example which i find very useful as it has already a similar perspective

Public SHPs

Tools

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Better coming up, and I won't touch this anymore because I want to get started with other explosions. I can send you the .blend file if you want to improve it.

Note: I'll upload the bigger one as soon as it is rendered, so here's the smaller one

nuke02_render05.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  787.41 KB
 Viewed:  22966 Time(s)

nuke02_render05.gif

Render05.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Render05.zip
 Filesize:  1.97 MB
 Downloaded:  355 Time(s)

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And the bigger one in a .zip

nuke02_render04.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nuke02_render04.zip
 Filesize:  6.34 MB
 Downloaded:  272 Time(s)

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also mininuke #Tongue

nuke02_render06.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  255.42 KB
 Viewed:  22959 Time(s)

nuke02_render06.gif

mininuke02.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  mininuke02.zip
 Filesize:  673.57 KB
 Downloaded:  473 Time(s)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

much better. Smile
DonutArnold wrote:
Also mininuke #Tongue

the fine small details from this applied to the scale of the big nuke would be perfect.

Public SHPs

Tools

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a wonky nuke animation, but I like it! So, DA, thought about doing some RA3-esque animations? Some of those are pretty cool. #Tongue

Steam

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe we are also need Green Nano Beam Explosion, the size is maybe same like EXPLOLRG :/

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't have the original version of exp01_render02.gif, so here's something similar

exp01_render01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  123.61 KB
 Viewed:  22903 Time(s)

exp01_render01.gif

exp01_render01.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  exp01_render01.zip
 Filesize:  297.71 KB
 Downloaded:  449 Time(s)

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking sweet  Cool

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could we get exp01 in ~1.5 size?

=======================

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(TS) World Altering Missile explosion would be nice Very Happy
even if not covering whole 512x512

but maybe the size of RA2 storm radius or 1.5x of it

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If we're upsizing exp01, can we get some black smoke at the end? Smile

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Symphonic: If it's similar to one I just made then maybe, but if not then I won't, takes too much time.

@FurryQueen: Perhaps, what do you have on your mind?

@PillBox20 & Darkstorm & deathreaperz & Exley: References, please

@Graion Dilach & @G-E: Here ya go, both with and without smoke so you can blend them together if needed.

exp01_render03.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.31 KB
 Viewed:  22764 Time(s)

exp01_render03.gif

exp01_render02.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  306.95 KB
 Viewed:  22764 Time(s)

exp01_render02.gif

exp01_render02.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  exp01_render02.zip
 Filesize:  765.09 KB
 Downloaded:  393 Time(s)

exp01_render03.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  exp01_render03.zip
 Filesize:  541.71 KB
 Downloaded:  374 Time(s)

Last edited by DonutArnold on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@G-E: Smokey!

exp01_render04.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  297.11 KB
 Viewed:  22759 Time(s)

exp01_render04.gif

exp01_render04.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  exp01_render04.zip
 Filesize:  391.62 KB
 Downloaded:  254 Time(s)

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
@FurryQueen: Perhaps, what do you have on your mind?

Let me play it again and I'll let you know.

Steam

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something like as seen here in this MO screenshot in form. I assume it won't look nearly as cartoonish though, not that I care that much whether it is or not. As Graion said, the community really doesn't have any good flamethrower animations.

(The image belongs to LordCesare, posted on page 9 of the MO screenshot thread.)

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomsons26lv wrote:
DonutArnold wrote:
@Symphonic: If it's similar to one I just made then maybe, but if not then I won't, takes too much time.

Nothing like it
https://picasaweb.google.com/113361105083292812413/RedAlert2VideoArchive?noredirect=1#5960016112469066050
starts @0:28

Only quality vid of it i have is on the Collector's Edition DVD
IM me on Skype if your interested in it.

I would doubt blender has capability to mimic well that given the texturing detail styles it has going on (especially smoke...)
Interesting thing however I realised now from that shot, it is using the TS anim.pal for all the anims at that point including the nuke before the palette redo.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
Exley: References, please

well on youtube you can find Tiberian sun NOD ending (not firestorm)
and see what explosion does, sort of huge ring leaving green smoke
which was basically Ion Storm, but for game sake you can compare it to
C&C Generals when you drop that Oil bomb and everything goes in smokes
on large radius

dunno how else to say it
maybe LKO can be more linguisticly accurate Very Happy

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice, I will play with them when I finish my cliffs Smile

Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are baller. Well done.

VW 2
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could anyone post a SHP'ified version of these animations? I'm too lazy to do it myself. Sexy explosions by the way.

Also is there any chance you could replicate the Tiberian Sun beta explosions?

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VW 2 wrote:
Could anyone post a SHP'ified version of these animations? I'm too lazy to do it myself. Sexy explosions by the way.

Also is there any chance you could replicate the Tiberian Sun beta explosions?

Yeah, if I remember correctly, you can replicate them by photoshopping photorealistic explosions onto screenshots.  Laughing Westwood cheated yo.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Random explosion

nano_exp01_render01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.7 KB
 Viewed:  22329 Time(s)

nano_exp01_render01.gif

nano_exp01_render01.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nano_exp01_render01.zip
 Filesize:  75.97 KB
 Downloaded:  287 Time(s)

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon