Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Twisted Insurrection 0.40 Released
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject:  Twisted Insurrection 0.40 Released Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone, today we are pleased to announce that our latest version Twisted Insurrection 0.40 has been released and is now available for Public Download! To Install the new version, simply head over to the download section here on our website, download the file, extract the containing Twisted Insurrection folder anywhere on your computer and then run TI_Launcher.exe with Administrator privileges to set-up and play.

Alternatively, if you have Twisted Insurrection 0.39 installed, simply run, simply launch it and the client will prompt you about the new version being available, once it does, agree to download the file and let the client take care of everything for you, however it might be faster for you to download the full version manually depending on PPM's download speed.

Version 0.40 has been through a large number of changes since our last news post was put up showcasing the new changelog. For a complete list of changes, both minor and major, read the changelog here. Here is a breif summary of the new features that Version 0.40 brings to the table:

• Improved Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 support and compatibility
  • Some large changes to the Twisted Insurrection Client
  • New client themes, bug fixes and many new options available
  • Re-compiled and lighter files for better optimization and performance
  • A new campaign mission and many fixes and updates to current missions
  • Lots of new maps added to the Multiplayer Map pool
  • Plenty of in-game bug fixes and balance changes
  • Lots of in-game graphical updates on terrain, props and some units
  • Removed lots of unused or broken code and fixed a common Internal Error
  • Lots of new additions to the Twisted Insurrection Soundtrack
  • Some new and improved unit voiceovers
  • New structures available in for Twisted Dawn
  • Changes made to all three AI types in Skirmish mode
  • Both optimised and added some new sound effects
  • Plenty of new animations and effects added and optimized some older ones

Many images and screenshots of Twisted Insurrection can be seen either on our image gallery over on our official website, alternatively there is also a large assortment of images uploaded here on our ModDB profile. Here are a small handful of screenshots from the latest version.

We hope you all enjoy the new version as much as we've enjoyed working on it! Please note that this is not considered a final release, meaning that bugs and errors are a possibility. We are always looking for feedback and thoughts from the fans and the players so if you have any thoughts, ideas or want to report any errors you have come across, please feel free to share them with us! Thank you, and we really hope you enjoy the mod!

Last edited by Aro on Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't wait to give it a spin. By the way, the lower left image links to a tiny tiny tiny image, is that supposed to happen?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fixed, thanks. #Tongue

PlasmaFyre
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love the new GDI mission, I really enjoyed it. The meteor storm when destroying the sign was a nice touch too, I was curious to see if anything would happen. Twisted Evil

I've found a few bugs already, here they are:

On the Nod 4A the whole map gets revealed instantly. Image

Tiberium growth on GDI 06 is really weird. (all tib fields on this map are like this) Image

Not a dropship!  Laughing (taken before update) Image

Shouldn't the new Dawn defences be built in the early base building missions?

The Advanced Guard Tower is really derpy in non campaign missions. It cannot be given any attack commands, it does not attack anything unless it is attacked itself, the obelisk can massively outrange it (the obelisk can fire at it while it cannot fire back) and is it supposed to only fire one rocket at a time?

Other than that, good work on this update guys!  Very Happy

Feline-Biologist
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all I would like to say that I love the work you guys have done on this mod! I discovered it today and wow! It is a really good mod/standalone game!

I made an account not only to say that but to also report a few bugs(Not whether this is the right place for it but okay).

1. Units don't seem to respond to enemy fire/Units only react when being attack.
Basically the players units don't seem to respond when an enemy unit gets near. They only attack the enemy unit when they attack them or when I tell them to attack them.

2. GDI AI seems to be more competent then the Nod AI.
This is pretty self explanatory. Though it could also be me being bad at the game.

These are all the little bugs or gameplay gripes I have encountered so far. Will probably test more later.

Either way keep up the good work! I am looking forward to your future releases!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you both for your kind words and fast reports!

PlasmaFyre wrote:
On the Nod 4A the whole map gets revealed instantly. Image

Well, that is a really stupid and embarassing error on my part. Embarassed This has now been fixed in a recently uploaded hotfix (Version 0.40.01).

Quote:
Tiberium growth on GDI 06 is really weird. (all tib fields on this map are like this) Image

We will look into fixing that shortly too, I didn't have time to fix it for Version 0.40.01 patch, but I did fix another bug in that mission that caused Vulcan Towers to attack GDI structures if captured before the Construction Yard.

Quote:
Not a dropship!  Laughing (taken before update) Image

Another stupid error on my behalf, I'll fix this one next time I'm about to upload a patch.

Quote:
Shouldn't the new Dawn defences be built in the early base building missions?

This is something we're planning on doing when we have more structures ready, most of them already have the defenses available on missions with pre-placed bases.

Quote:
The Advanced Guard Tower is really derpy in non campaign missions. It cannot be given any attack commands

Yeah, this is an issue we were sturggling with before the release too. I uploaded a patch that fixes two of the issues mentioned but also shortens it's range against aircraft, something that we can't help I'm afraid.

Feline-Biologist wrote:
Comments about the AI...

The AI is always going to be worked on over the course of time, we'll try to improve both Nod and GDI performance. Smile

TheLostSabre
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm...

Having an issue with the client unable to update to 40.01 properly.
I'll attach the client.log to see if this can be figured out. I already set the client as administrator.

client.log
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  client.log
 Filesize:  272.07 KB
 Downloaded:  12 Time(s)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try again now. You must have literally tried to update as the file was uploading.  Razz

TheLostSabre
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#Tongue

I got bad timing, don't I? Thanks again.

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:

Quote:

We will look into fixing that shortly too, I didn't have time to fix it for Version 0.40.01 patch, but I did fix another bug in that mission that caused Vulcan Towers to attack GDI structures if captured before the Construction Yard.

I know what causes it, though dunno why. There's a disable tiberium growth trigger upon game start to preserve the fields as they are until the player has a base, when an enable tiberium growth fires.
Just remove the actions to fix it.

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm.
It reminds me on what happens if the game is going on for too long - Tiberium wouldn't spread, but it can still 'grow', meaning, that not full patches will become full patches, but the Tiberium wouldn't spread.
Add to it, that spawned Tiberium doesn't grow and that this Tib field has a spwaner which spawns Tiberium... Dunno. Something along these lines?

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

PlasmaFyre
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another bug on GDI 06, harvesters not harvesting. Image

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs bug bugs.

Thanks for reporting, we'll sort it out. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon