Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Whenever I open, modify, run a script, or close I get an AV
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject:  Whenever I open, modify, run a script, or close I get an AV
Subject description: 1.39.245
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think It has to do with the 3D view on the sidebar as it has stopped working
and the modelizer 3D view will not redraw.

Can you fix this because I find it very annoying. Plus I did not have this problem on 1.38.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which script are you talking about?

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any of the them in fact just clicking in general gives me this. But It goes away when I disable the sidebar's 3d viewer. If I open a normal 3d viewer (not the sidebar's) it works fine.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am unable to reproduce your problem here.

Please, tell me what is your video card, operational system (also if it is 32 bits or 64 bits) and also... is your video card driver updated?

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1 32bit 2 cores and capable of 64bits, 2.00 GB of RAM, Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset 797 MB, and it is updated to the latest version.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset 797 MB

Ahh, the evil Intel video card. This is why I can't reproduce the problem.

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1.38 worked fine so these problems must be related to a recent change (meaning I updated and then I had these problems). Also adding a new section gives me a divide by zero error (but if it has more that one section already I can not switch between them.)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are certainly related with the video card. The rendering code was rewritten from scratch since 1.38 and the current beta uses a much more modern technology, which I have my doubts if Intel video cards deal with them properly.

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I should just get a new video card?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe you have an onboard GraCa on your mainboard. You could try to connect your monitor with it and run temporarily over the onboard GraCa.

Or try installing a virtual machine and then use VSE in this VM.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Maybe you have an onboard GraCa on your mainboard. You could try to connect your monitor with it and run temporarily over the onboard GraCa.

Intel only makes integrated graphics anyway. The Q45/43 chipset is very old and weak, it's likely that it can't handle the new rendering code properly.

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um this is odd but if make a new voxel it works fine but if I close and reopen it then I have these problems. While it is almost most definitely related to My video card, I find it odd that I can Make A new voxel and it works fine untill I close it and reopen it. (Also why is it fine with the 3D viewer that is on a separate window? (Did you update one and not the other?))

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3D Viewer, 3D Preview Window and 3D Modelizer Window uses the same OpenGL code.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can confirm a similar thing happening on my AMD 760G (Radeon HD3000) on both my Win7 and my Linux - I have to manually trigger the 3D window either with an autonormalizer either disabling/enabling the preview at the bottom right either opening the Preview panel to get it working. Although I thought it was always just me.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
3D Viewer, 3D Preview Window and 3D Modelizer Window uses the same OpenGL code.

Okay then why is only one of them bugged? Also I still wonder why new voxels are fine untill I open and close them.

I might be Madd but I think this may be a saving and\or loading issue.

Last edited by Isaac_The_Madd on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:37 pm; edited 3 times in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps the problem is something else and not the viewer. I'd have to analyze the code carefully. I'll do it as soon as somethings in my real life calm down. But that should take a month.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I reported this elsewhere, if you open a voxel by double-clicking the .vxl the preview pane doesn't work... if you then auto-normal or open the "3d display" window, it suddenly gets fixed.

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you minimize the VXLSE window, or switch to another active program and then go back, then it will refresh and the preview should work normally. Although i suppose it could/should be forced to refresh when the program starts...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes there's some kind of initialization that happens when you open a voxel that doesn't happen when you launch a voxel.

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My problem appears to be simular to that except it will not load no matter what on voxels that I have opened before.
(The way I get around that is making a blank section. Then I add the old voxel as a new section (or group of sections). Finally I delete the blank section. This allows me to edit multisection voxels without having a access violation.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Revision 515 fixes the missing 3D view from voxels that are opened when the program is being launched. So, does the bug reported in the first post still happens in revision 515 or a newer version?

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is not happening at lastest(524) revision for me. Was happening before even in 522.

Generals Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/generals-alpha
Romanov's Vengeange: https://www.moddb.com/mods/romanovs-vengeance

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do not know the computer I was using died and my backup computer can not even install it, because it is to old I will get I new one sometime.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum