Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:15 pm
All times are UTC + 0
My SC4 "Lunar Exploration" Mod works.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject:  My SC4 "Lunar Exploration" Mod works. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So guys, as some of you may know, I've up and moved to Arizona from Texas (after like 15 years). With it came a renewed love for SimCity 4. A few of us SC4 modders and BATters (Building Architect Tool users) have come together to start a complete conversion to making it from a City Builder to a Lunar Colony building game Smile I started this little project after seeing some screenshots for Anno 2205 (which looks AMAZING)

I'll be posting some of my work here, just to get some outside opinions and ideas Smile

PS: The descriptions are with each picture comment. Smile

EmergencyServicesIdea.png
 Description:
This is the Emergency Services dispatch center (acts as a Fire Station). Not quite finished, and I don't have a day shot for it yet since the textures in the back aren't mapped correctly. The day shot will reveal much more work on the displacement and bum
 Filesize:  801.61 KB
 Viewed:  3610 Time(s)

EmergencyServicesIdea.png

R$-HDDAY-DETAIL.jpg
 Description:
Detail shot. I got a little happy with the displacement and bump maps :P
 Filesize:  262.54 KB

R$-HDDAY-DETAIL.jpg

R$-HDNITE.jpg
 Description:
Night shot of the living module
 Filesize:  131.01 KB

R$-HDNITE.jpg

R$-HDDAY.jpg
 Description:
This is an HD shot (closest zoom) of a "low wealth" lunar living module. :) [DAY SHOT]
 Filesize:  117.69 KB

R$-HDDAY.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking good. Some nice stuff, I like the moody lighting and the holographic signs.

Also, moonbase requires this.

When will we see some animated version? Can't wait to see that.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks nice and well detailed.

EmergencyServicesIdea.png Description wrote:
The day shot will reveal much more work on the displacement and bum

when the long image comment is cut off at just the right place Smile
Looking forward to see the displaced bum in day light. Laughing

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this similar to the SimCity Mars mod for SC4?

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RITW: SC4 has very limited animation ability. A majority of these will not be animated in any way.

LKO: You can see my displaced bum any day <3

Dutchy: It will, when it's done. The SIMMARS mod is, frankly, very old. The 3D models are primitive and the textures and menu are pretty bland. the SC4 community has made leaps and bounds the past three or so years in the relative beauty and complexity of everything Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Double Post! I need some opinions. I have two types of heavy cargo rail ideas. One, the maglev will be much easier to implement into the game, but it's not quite as interesting as the second. Concept two is a suspended rail type, which is much more interesting, but will be much harder to implement into the game. Is the looks worth the difficulty?

trainidea.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  396.71 KB
 Viewed:  3475 Time(s)

trainidea.jpg

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What would be the difficulty to add the suspended rail type?

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well after some research, it turns out the suspended rail type isn't possible right now. It may be in the future by adapting some code and changing the graphics of the Monorail, but for now, the Maglev will be the way to go.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not surprised to see someone who already led a terrain expansion project here to move to Sim City Wink.

Do you want a forum for your project here?

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hahah Banshee, I'd be quite honored, but this is primarily a C&C Forum. I'm not sure how much traffic this would get, but I'll definitely take it! Very Happy

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should do it Anthony. It'll give PPM a little diversity

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, PPM definitely needs more diversity, specially after all the effort we are seeing from EA regarding the Command & Conquer franchise in its 20th anniversary (translation: no effort at all).

Please, PM me the forum organization from Lunar Exploration and the description for the main forum and all subforums.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon