Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
Reversible Abductor.ChangeOwner
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject:  Reversible Abductor.ChangeOwner
Subject description: Is it possible?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares 0.9 documentation wrote:

[Weapon]►Abductor.ChangeOwner= (boolean)
Sets whether the abducted unit shall change its owner to the abductor’s house. Units which are ImmuneToPsionics=yes will not change owner. Defaults to no.

Is there a way to make this reversible? Ie units that are held inside an abductor change owner, but when you release them, they change back to their original owner?
If this is not possible, is there a way to destroy all held units instantly upon releasing?

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No and Survivor.*PassengerChance.

Damn, do me a favour and finally accept that you're stupid.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This would only be helpful in destroying the held units upon destruction of the prison. Re-reading my post more carefully will perhaps allow you to understand my original intention, but I will explain it in more detail to avoid further misunderstandings:

Units should be either released to their original owner by releasing them from the prison unit (for example, via Weeder/DockUnload), or else, they should be destroyed instantly. Your solution, from what I can tell, only allows their instant destruction upon destruction of the prison unit, not upon other situations in which imprisoned units may be released.

Perhaps this is the best approximation that is possible in Ares, but it is not quite what I was looking for.

Also, I'm forced to report you again. It's most regrettable that you are unable to solve social situations in a non-confrontational manner. I'm hopeful you will improve in this regard in the future.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not as regrettable that you are unable to comprehend a documentation - or reading for bugs.

http://bugs.renegadeprojects.com/view.php?id=1362 is the story of ChangeOwner - it had no prison or stuff like that, it was added to the game to actually give a practical use to Abductor weapons, otherwise they were pretty much useless.

I know it's easier to report the meanie Graion telling you to finally grow the brain then actually acknowledge that the jerkass might have a point, but I don't really care. You and GenesisArea were the exact reason why I stopped modding YR - it's no piint doing it when besides the stress of working with the engine, I even have to see how nonsense logics you two apply to this game - like if you two ever knew something about it.

Yeah, really.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Abductor logic has never really been completed. Renegade coded it in 2011, iirc, and there were so many plans. Like docking to a structure to empty the prison. Testing didn't happen, and Renegade abandoned the feature (as he announced beforehand, but testers apparently didn't care). That's why it is the way it is.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Not as regrettable that you are unable to comprehend a documentation - or reading for bugs.

http://bugs.renegadeprojects.com/view.php?id=1362 is the story of ChangeOwner - it had no prison or stuff like that, it was added to the game to actually give a practical use to Abductor weapons, otherwise they were pretty much useless.

I know it's easier to report the meanie Graion telling you to finally grow the brain then actually acknowledge that the jerkass might have a point, but I don't really care. You and GenesisArea were the exact reason why I stopped modding YR - it's no piint doing it when besides the stress of working with the engine, I even have to see how nonsense logics you two apply to this game - like if you two ever knew something about it.

Yeah, really.

Thank you for this link, it has some insights that cannot be gained from reading the documentation file on this feature.

Please understand that inside knowledge of the workings of the code is available to you that others may not possess and the implications thereof on the limitations of some features' functionalities may be obvious to you, but others may be entirely unaware of them. This does not mean that everyone else is "stupid" or "idiots", just that they lack certain insights that you have because of your involvement in the creation of these features.

I'm sorry GenesisAria and I have caused you distress in your modding endeavours.

Perhaps you should work on your stress management skills so you will be able to be more persistent on future projects (in modding and in life in general) despite in the process crossing paths with people who are not to your liking.

This would be a great skill to master because this is a situation that you will find yourself in again and again in life - and most of them will not allow you to vent your frustration by calling other people names anonymously over the internet.

If you need someone to talk to, just PM me.
Good day to you.

AlexB wrote:

The Abductor logic has never really been completed. Renegade coded it in 2011, iirc, and there were so many plans. Like docking to a structure to empty the prison. Testing didn't happen, and Renegade abandoned the feature (as he announced beforehand, but testers apparently didn't care). That's why it is the way it is.

Well, this wasn't supposed to be a feature request. Apologies if it came across that way. I was more aiming for an exploit/combination of the already-present features to create the effect I described ("creative solutions"). Apparently this is not possible though.

Oh also, unloading from docking already works Wink that's why I used it in the example.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't understand it as a feature request. I just wanted to mention why the feature seems to not be useful in too many circumstances: it's not done, and many things are missing.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I found a way to at least replicate "instant destruction upon release", just by making the abductor weapon give a highly damaging AE. Nothing can die to its' AE while it's in cargo, so the AE would just take effect when the unit is released and instantly destroy it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon