Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 am
All times are UTC + 0
Farm Tractor
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject:  Farm Tractor
Subject description: Welcome to the ricefields
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh look another civie voxel, this time its an agricultural tractor. I based it on some John Deere tractors but it isn't meant to represent a particular make. Kinda bright on some parts but I couldn't care less. I'm only on a civilian voxel making spree so I can make bases and convert them to...something else...

johntr.png
 Description:
ingame preview. Its green and not full remap btw
 Filesize:  91.45 KB
 Viewed:  7418 Time(s)

johntr.png

tractor_000.gif
 Description:
360 preview
 Filesize:  1.94 MB
 Viewed:  7418 Time(s)

tractor_000.gif

farm tractor.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  farm tractor.rar
 Filesize:  17.91 KB
 Downloaded:  84 Time(s)

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hehe epic

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you are making mutants?

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isaac_The_Madd wrote:
So you are making mutants?

Do you see the word "mutant" anywhere in the first post? My bad, there is a little hint there :p

Well, good job anyway, OpenRa gives your voxel a little more glory with it's light settings imo.

tractor.png
 Description:
Tractor test on Openra, Let me know if this is post hijacking.
 Filesize:  38.19 KB
 Viewed:  7381 Time(s)

tractor.png

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Last edited by Nolt on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Farm Tractor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

freedom fighter wrote:
I'm only on a civilian voxel making spree so I can make bases and convert them to...something else...

So mutants or some other form of scavenger faction.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The wheels are pale compared to the body details but it's still great stuff. I'm so gonna take this in time.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isaac_The_Madd wrote:
So mutants or some other form of scavenger faction.

Mutants, scavengers, bandits, terrorists, I dunno. Whatever it is some sort of militia is busy turning civilian vehicles into war machines...

@Nolt: That looks fantastic :O But it would be better if you didn't zoom in on the pic.

Isaac are you on to me?

bowlr_000.gif
 Description:
Totally not a spoiler :3
 Filesize:  2.09 MB
 Viewed:  7333 Time(s)

bowlr_000.gif

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh woops, sorry Isaac.

Idk what you're doing there Man, but don't stop.

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like your color work a lot it look very clean and his front is smooth beautiful in game and not overwhelm by small detail.

only i don't like is his size seem too big.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Currently, voxels just do not look better in OpenRA compared to in the official games.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
only i don't like is his size seem too big.

Tractors aren't exactly small vehicles...

But going by RA2 scales its a bit big. Just by a small bit Wink

Oh and,

whoarethey.png
 Description:
Who are these people? They've got friggin' tanks too :o
 Filesize:  323.41 KB
 Viewed:  7170 Time(s)

whoarethey.png

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice voxel, really like your GLA-esque versions too, I've always had a soft spot for the GLA scrap yard style.

ViPr wrote:
Currently, voxels just do not look better in OpenRA compared to in the official games.

Either I'm misunderstanding you, or that is one of the most backwards statements I've ever read.  Confused Are you honestly suggesting that voxels look better in Red Alert 2 than they do in OpenRA?

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Nice voxel, really like your GLA-esque versions too, I've always had a soft spot for the GLA scrap yard style.

ViPr wrote:

Either I'm misunderstanding you, or that is one of the most backwards statements I've ever read.  Confused Are you honestly suggesting that voxels look better in Red Alert 2 than they do in OpenRA?

Yes, except regarding gappage, and possibly multi-section draw prioritization, which I haven't confirmed.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ViPr wrote:

If you call VPL limitation better than a dynamic renderer with customizable ambient and light-source-based shading, then you're hopeless.

Ahwell, just because one made sense a decade ago does not mean said one can't dumb down to a clueless idiot. pd is the best case.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion, I'm really tired of your constant agression over people here. This kind of attitude is not natural, nor tolerated here. You need some serious stress control treatment. Rest in peace for one day*. (Yes, that means suspension).

* Until the moment I remember to unban you and that can last more than one day.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dunno. Voxels seems to look better in OpenRA's lighting than in RA2's wonky brightness :S

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Graion, I'm really tired of your constant agression over people here. This kind of attitude is not natural, nor tolerated here. You need some serious stress control treatment. Rest in peace for one day*. (Yes, that means suspension).

* Until the moment I remember to unban you and that can last more than one day.

Reply from Graion:

Quote:
Nah, Bansh, if you think it that way - as in I'm needing a stress control treatment - then leave it banned. I have no intention of returning to a community where I'm treated like that just because I am voicing my opinion about people who make no sense.

I don't have any intention to be part of a community where I'm getting suspended for the above. Consider my ban as that "stress control treatment" - I will not gain "stress" from watching the nonsense happening here then. It's a win-win solution for everyone, especially my haters.

So yeah, goodbye and thanks for all the fish. #Tongue

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Voxels in the official games have a semblance of shininess although it may be badly and inaccurately simulated.

Voxels in OpenRA do not look shiny even slightly. There is the same phenomenon in the community made voxel viewers.

I doubt very much that I am the only person that notices this.

I'm saying that, in my opinion, shininess is an important factor for how good things look. That's my main reason for stating here that a renderer is making voxels look better than the other renderer.

I did not state that specifically the VPL system makes things better. I'm not defending the VPL system. I'm stating that overall something merely looks better currently. Actually, if people want to investigate in the forums, then they will probably find that I had basically stated that new voxel renderers should probably not use something like the VPL system:

http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=30026&postorder=asc&highlight=vpl&start=150

Anyway, you may unban him; I am not fragile.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ViPr, I think that what you are calling 'shininess' is actually a caused by higher ambient lighting. And that setting should be flexible in OpenRA (at least it is in the Open Source Voxel Viewer). It could also be the way the engine treats some of the colours between #1 and #15. What I know for sure is that there is no real specularity in any voxel engine.

Graion Dilach wrote:
because I am voicing my opinion about people who make no sense.

You are not being banned because of that. You are being suspended because you insult people at no reason at all. You could voice the same opinion in an educated way by cutting some of the words. I.e.:

Quote:
If you call VPL limitation better than a dynamic renderer with customizable ambient and light-source-based shading, then you're greatly mistaken.

And that express the same opinion, without insult anyone.

ViPr wrote:
Anyway, you may unban him; I am not fragile.

If that post was an isolated episode, he wouldn't be suspended. He was unnecessarily flaming a bunch of people before he insulted you and he thought it was a completely natural way to voice his opinion about people who makes no sense. But it is not.

Anyway, I'll unban him tomorrow. If he decides to not return to PPM, it is really up to his decision. Not mine. I'm just trying to show him that people can treat each other in a better way, without flames and that the environment is better for everyone when people act in a friendly way.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I learned to ignore GD's insults and just don't answer to such posts of him anymore. Works well for me. Wink

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love it. Like HM said, you avoided cluttering it up with details.
Although I'd have to criticize the size/scale of the thing, as others have mentioned before. It really does look better at this scale, but you'd have to use the scale consistently in all units (which you seem to do in the screenshot with the technicals and tanks) or it will just look weird. Of course, it's easy for the individual modder to re-scale it to meet the scale of their mod, so that's not a problem.

Are those wheels remapable?

Also, judging from the picture, you're giving this to some GLA-ish side and not mutants, which I think is good from a design-ish standpoint. I always felt, since the introduction of the GLA, Forgotten just seem like GLA+3. Same kind of ramshackle technology, but with the addition of superpowers. A mutant side should focus more on superhuman units with unique powers, rather than scavenged technology (altough I know that the latter is canon).

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, resized it a bit. It should be big enough to match the tank's scale. No pic though but I used the same bounds as the scrap version which I resized first. I'll post a picture of that for reference later.

farm tractor.rar
 Description:
Resized version

Download
 Filename:  farm tractor.rar
 Filesize:  17.91 KB
 Downloaded:  32 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!