Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
What's next for Ares
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 5 [220 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for testing so far! It's looking good from what I can see. Here are some more assorted, sometimes a little dull features, and also some more fixes.

I know of the problems virus scanners have with the latest Ares, and when I recompile Syringe with the new compiler, it is affected, too. I have no solution for that, as I don't control the AV vendors, but I don't blame them, as Syringe and Ares certainly do very suspicious things.

Again, I have changed how Ares is built, reducing the file size down to about 840kb. I hope that crashes still cause the IE dialog to appear (this might not happen on XP, at least last time I tried). For testing, I enabled a new keyboard command called Test Function, which triggers a division by zero to make the game crash at will. (Pre-emptive comment: that's obviously a debug function, not a feature. Don't rely on it.)

But now to the features. I'll assign them to the 0.A version on launchpad soon, or create new blueprints and bug reports if required. Will take some time, though.

Aircraft can dock again
As MustaphaTR already noticed, aircraft can dock to any structure that is in Dock. Aircraft will get the enter/no-enter cursors on structures in Dock, otherwise the select cursor is used.

Fixed warnings on invalid speed type for buildings
"none" is actually valid for buildings, so the warnings now don't occur any more.

Changed the way low frame rates are detected
This might fix a few issues with visual effects on lower game speeds.

Fixes for exploits when undeploying or selling buildings
Crew will not be ejected twice if a structure is destroyed while being sold. A sell operation cannot be converted to an undeploy any more, thus players can't get vehicle plus crew. The undeployed vehicle is now guaranteed to be placed, or it is removed from the game (not keeping a player alive).

The Nuke flash should be fixed now
It should work again for nukes not fired by map actions (but only for the warhead called NUKE).

Plug handling was not right
I found an issue regarding building plugs and prerequisites. Can you check whether plugs are valid prerequisites now? If not, no matter. But please also check that I didn't break anything regarding prereqs.

Changed how promotion tags are read
These are the tags with Rookie, Veteran and Elite variants. Leaving off this promotion part reads all three values at once. The specific tags are still read and can refine the base value. If the tag name without promotion level would end in a dot (.), it is removed.

The base tag for Survivor.RookiePilotChance= is Survivor.PilotChance=, but CrushDamage.Elite= becomes CrushDamage=, with the dot removed.

Allow Player@X functionality for events
Events now support the "Player @ X" numeric constants 4475 to 4482 for the multiplayer participants. If a constant does not resolve to one of these, the game will not crash any more. The event will just not fire.

Improved OmniCrusher unit AI
[TechnoType]OmniCrusher.Aggressive= (boolean, defaults to yes)
Whether or not an OmniCrusher=yes unit should try to crush its target aggressively. If no, the unit will not try to come as close as possible to the target to finally crush it. This can also prevent retaliating OmniCrusher=yes units from being lured into an ambush.

Custom Missiles support weapons instead of warhead / damage settings
[AircraftType]Missile.Weapon= (WeaponType, defaults to none)
The weapon used to deliver damage. If set, the weapon is used to control projectile, warhead, damage and bright settings for a short-lived bullet that detonates immediately. If not set, Missile.Damage and Missile.Warhead are used to create the explosion. Requires Missile.Custom=yes.

[AircraftType]Missile.EliteWeapon= (WeaponType, defaults to none)
Same as Missile.EliteWeapon, but overrides Missile.EliteDamage and Missile.EliteWarhead for missiles fired by elite units. Requires Missile.Custom=yes.

Note that missiles will not fall back to Missile.Weapon in case Missile.EliteWeapon is not set. Missile.EliteDamage and Missile.EliteWarhead are used.

Primary and ElitePrimary are not used to not also have a death weapon by default, which can lead to double explosions when the missile detonates a warhead that destroys the missile before it is removed from the game.

edit: It could be that veterancy is not awarded correctly when using the Weapon mode. Please check this in particular. Thanks!

EM Pulse Sparkles customizable for TechnoTypes and Warheads
[TechnoType]EMP.Sparkles= (animation, defaults to [General]EMPulseSparkles)
The animation played over an object of this type disabled by EMP. Use "none" to disable the animation.

[Warhead]EMP.Sparkles= (animation)
If set, overrides the default animation to be played on the unit or structure under EMP. This only applies if the object does not already have an EMP animation.

Trivial Structure Damage
Restored DamageDelay for trivial structure damage in low power situations. Totally trivial.

Global options for DamageDelay
[General]Degrade.Enabled= (bool, defaults to no)
Whether structures are damaged in intervals defined by DamageDelay when a player has low power.

[General]Degrade.Percentage= (double - percentage, defaults to [AudioVisual]ConditionYellow)
The health above which this building will continue to degrade during low power situations. Buildings with health equal to or below this will not degrade further.

[General]Degrade.AmountNormal= (int - hitpoints, defaults to 0)
The damage caused to buildings with Power equal to or greater than 0 in low power situations.

[General]Degrade.AmountConsumer= (int - hitpoints, defaults to 1)
The damage caused to buildings with Power less than 0 in low power situations.

DamageDelay settings on BuildingTypes
[BuildingType]Degrade.Percentage= (double - percentage, [General]Degrade.Percentage)
The percentage of health this building will degrade to in low power situations. A value of 1.0 will not make it degrade, a value of 0.0 will make it degrade till complete destruction.

[BuildingType]Degrade.Amount= (int - hitpoints, defaults to the global rules)
The amount of damage this building will receive each interval of DamageDelay in low power situations. A value of 0 will make this building not degrade.

CrushDamage like the Dune 2000 Sardaukar
[TechnoType]CrushDamage.Rookie= (integer, defaults to 0)
[TechnoType]CrushDamage.Veteran= (integer, defaults to 0)
[TechnoType]CrushDamage.Elite= (integer, defaults to 0)
The damage dealt to the unit crushing this object. C4Warhead is used to deliver the damage.

LoadingTheme for Countries
Ares now also reads the LoadingTheme for multiplayer matches from the house, defaulting to the side.

[HouseType]LoadingTheme= (theme, defaults to [Side]LoadingTheme)
The theme played when the loading screen is displayed.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
The Nuke flash should be fixed now

And it is. Now works again on nuke clones etc.

AlexB wrote:
Allow Player@X functionality for events

Map events now seem to properly be able to use Player@X functionality, as expected.

AlexB wrote:
Custom Missiles support weapons instead of warhead / damage settings

Custom missiles utilizing the new weapon logic seem to work as intended, including stuff like radiation. Veterancy is also correctly awarded to the firing unit for destroyed objects.

AlexB wrote:
EM Pulse Sparkles customizable for TechnoTypes and Warheads

EMP.Sparkles works as described.

AlexB wrote:

CrushDamage works as described.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Trivial Structure Damage
Restored DamageDelay for trivial structure damage in low power situations. Totally trivial.

I can confirm that this works.

Edit: I wanna ask do smaller than 1 vaules (0.5 etc.) works for DamageDelay? 1 Minute is long for me.

AlexB wrote:
[TechnoType]CrushDamage.Rookie= (integer, defaults to 0)
[TechnoType]CrushDamage.Veteran= (integer, defaults to 0)
[TechnoType]CrushDamage.Elite= (integer, defaults to 0)
The damage dealt to the unit crushing this object. C4Warhead is used to deliver the damage.

Something more customisible like CrushDeathWeapon.Rookie= or DeathWeapon.Crush.Elite= would be better. This is very hardcoded for now.

Generals Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/generals-alpha
Romanov's Vengeange: https://www.moddb.com/mods/romanovs-vengeance

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku: Thank you!

MustaphaTR: Thanks!
1) DamageDelay supports 0.5 and other decimal values already.
2) I would prefer a single tag CrushDamage.Warhead=.

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

2) I would prefer a single tag CrushDamage.Warhead=.

But what if I want to use a explosion that leaves radiation when unit is crashed? I think they should use weapon, not damage and warhead specified on Unit.

Or as you know moving rad to warheads solves this problem complately but it is harder, isn't it?

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did some quick testing:
Bugs:
1. Prism Support Weapons now give fatal error if they don't have projectile set, they didn't need that before.
2. Powerplants' Animations seem to have disapeared, and I mean all kinds of active anims on powerplants (bio reactor filled and such aswell).

Works:
1. Aircraft can be told where to dock.
2. The Nuke flash works as it is supposed to.
3. OmniCrusher.Aggressive works good.
4. Crush damage works.
5. "Plug handling was not right" If "plug" here means an upgrade like for the GDI powerplant in TS, then it works as prerequisite.

So far after a few battles, the rest of the game seems to behave normally.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MustaphaTR: This would need more thought. Right now the crushing unit is damaged directly. So, a warhead would be the natural fit here to de-hardcode C4Warhead.

Creating a projectile and detonating it immediately (like a death weapon) would need a bit more work, but it could be more versatile for sure. For one, it could damage more than one unit.

Agent Z: Thanks! Looks like I messed up a hook related to the visual effects. Will be fixed next time.

Not GAPLUG in particular. Any building plugin that was used as prerequisite. If I'm not mistaken, it should work now, not just for the last built building.

Also, someone already mentioned the prism towers, but I forgot about it. And who it was. Sorry! I'll see how to solve this. Check for NeverUse? Return to make it a warning? Require to have a projectile like InvisibleHigh?

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
MustaphaTR: This would need more thought. Right now the crushing unit is damaged directly. So, a warhead would be the natural fit here to de-hardcode C4Warhead.

I can be happy with just de-hardcoding warhead. I was just giving example, i don't really need such a big/radiationy crush damages. But i'll use this for spies (Because other counterparts has death weapon)/grenadies/flamethrowers. Does it work with omnicrush?

And maybe we can make more realistic mines with them i think. It is possible to use it on buildings, right?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Omnicrush is supported, and tanks should also be able to deal crush damage.

No, buildings cannot be crushed. Trains don't crush, it's a different logic. Mines could work already, like cloaked IsPassable buildings with a Suicide weapon with fitting verses.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got some time to test Custom Missile weapons and OmniCrusher.Aggressive
OmniCrusher.Aggressive works as intended. An Omnicrusher with CrusherAll movement zone stood off at range instead of trying to close in and smash an enemy vehicle.

Custom Missile weapons do not, it seems. I attached the code below.
With this example missile, the missile simply impacts the ground and vanishes, as I removed the Warhead/Damage from it.

Did I mess something up with the tags?

----------
edit:
Also, ran into an issue with an airburst weapon in my mod. Here is the relevant code-
Code:
;Bombing run
[StrikeBombingRun]
Image=ARTYCONV
Inaccurate=yes
FlakScatter=yes
Ranged=yes
Elasticity=0
Bouncy=yes
Airburst=yes
AirburstWeapon=StrikeBombActual
AirburstSpread=1
AroundTarget=no

;Strike bomblet
[StrikeBomblet]
Arm=1
Acceleration=6
Shadow=no
Image=FUEL
ROT=5

In 0.9, this works perfectly fine, resulting in a rain of bomblets. In the newest patch (and 15.286.681), the projectiles seem to act like they lack sufficient ROT and circle around weirdly. Increasing ROT fixes it, but given the change in behavior, I felt it was worthwhile noting it.

airburstissue.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  194.73 KB
 Viewed:  7847 Time(s)

airburstissue.png

customisl.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  customisl.txt
 Filesize:  1.35 KB
 Downloaded:  7 Time(s)

gameaddict11707
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you add the "NUKE_SMALL" warhead to the [Warheads] list?

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has nothing to deal with the warheads.

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
No, buildings cannot be crushed. Trains don't crush, it's a different logic. Mines could work already, like cloaked IsPassable buildings with a Suicide weapon with fitting verses.

So how fences work? I know they turns into ovarlay but.... I also remember that i mistakely added crushable to tesla coil, instead of capturable (i was using TibEd at that times) but it was in RA2 not YR.

My mines already uses this system but they are not always exploding. Some units with high speed vaules can just pass them.

Last edited by MustaphaTR on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
No, buildings cannot be crushed. Trains don't crush, it's a different logic.

I think buildings can be crushed actually. I have long ago made park benches and other small buildings Crushable=yes without any problems, but I have only done it with 1x1 buildings so far.
Also, I haven't tried with Crushable=no and OmniCrush unit.

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About airburst

It seems that the start direction of airburst weapon has been changed.

In addition, airburst missile now travels very (too) fast even with low speed set.

ab.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.04 KB
 Viewed:  7810 Time(s)

ab.png

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

Crushable=yes makes buildings crushable. Due to the way the crushing logic works, it does not really work well on buildings with Foundation bigger than 1x1 (basically the unit needs to be able to move into the building and then proceed into an empty cell - which is only possible if it travels through single cell of foundation). CrushDamage works with buildings as well already, though.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
AlexB wrote:

Crushable=yes makes buildings crushable. Due to the way the crushing logic works, it does not really work well on buildings with Foundation bigger than 1x1 (basically the unit needs to be able to move into the building and then proceed into an empty cell - which is only possible if it travels through single cell of foundation). CrushDamage works with buildings as well already, though.

Yes, i tried and it works but without ability to changing Warhead to something has explosion animations it looks a bit silly.

Edit: Also about Trivial Structure Damage, Can you add something like [Country]>Degrade.Exempt= Bacause it is annoying that some civilian owned army buildings in my mod gets damaged because they don't have power in some maps.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for all the testing. I'll start to update LaunchPad soon.

I made a mistake as far as buildings is concerned. OmniCrusher logic should not work on buildings, afaics. It always reverts to normal Crush, which should have almost no consequence in game. OmniCrushResistant should not work on buildings. (And the DeployedCrushable feature, if it would be used on buildings, is always honored on buildings. Even for OmniCrush.)

CrushDamage applies to OmniCrush and Crush; it might not work correctly with IsTrain, as that is a different logic and it would need more code to support that fully. So sometimes it should work, sometimes it might fail.

EVA-251
Did you add the weapon to the [WeaponTypes] list? Custom Missile weapons do not add automatically, and thus if the weapon is used nowhere else, or used only on units that are parsed later, the weapon ID cannot be resolved. The log will tell you about it, but I also intend to document this.

I'll look into the Airburst issue. There were some changes, but none should be changing anything. But I remember some similar issues. One was with too low speed, one was also because of the WeaponTypes list, iirc.

MustaphaTR
I'll think about exempting countries. Maybe also a global tag that prevents degrading for neutral/MultiplayPassive houses.

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About Crushers

The oringal crush collision box is too small.
AI infantry can always escape from tank crushing.

So I added AttachEffect with damage animation to all crushers to simulate and improve the crush system.
It works well and also triggers DeathAnim and DeathWeapon.

One big problem is the damage will be applied even when crusher is not moving.

Is it possible to make a similar system?
[General] / [TechoType]
CrusherDamage=
CrusherWarhead=
CrusherRadius= (may not necessary since warhead can do it)

Or just add flag to pause attecheffect/animation when unit is not moving?

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some bits.

- OmniCrusher.Aggressive works as intended
- Aircraft docks work as intended
- SpeedType thing is no longer written down for buildings in debug
- plugs (upgrades?) are still valid prerequisites
- seems like selling+deploying exploits are fixed, does this include 'MCV immortality exploit' too? I assume it does and I think I couldn't reproduce it
- LoadingTheme for Countries works as intended

Also:

- no problems with active anims on power plants here

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:

Also:

- no problems with active anims on power plants here

It happens for me too but removing DetailLevel=2 (which is in vanilla YR too.) from them solves it.

Last edited by MustaphaTR on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, that's unrelated to Ares then.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But it was always there but not causing any problem.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The check for animations consists of two parts, frame rate and DetailLevel. The DetailLevel part stayed like it was, but the frame rate did the opposite. Thus it would enable anims if low fps, and hide them otherwise.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
EVA-251
Did you add the weapon to the [WeaponTypes] list? Custom Missile weapons do not add automatically, and thus if the weapon is used nowhere else, or used only on units that are parsed later, the weapon ID cannot be resolved. The log will tell you about it, but I also intend to document this.

I'll look into the Airburst issue. There were some changes, but none should be changing anything. But I remember some similar issues. One was with too low speed, one was also because of the WeaponTypes list, iirc.

re airburst: The actual weapon for the sub-munition has a speed of 100.

I checked debug.log for such information when it didn't work, and I didn't get any notifications about. I added the weapons to [WeaponTypes], but it caused something strange. Relevant warhead code:
Code:
;Medium nuclear warhead (5-cell AOE)
[NUKE_SMALL]
CellSpread=5
CellSpread.MaxAffect=1
PercentAtMax=0.33
Wall=yes
Wood=yes
Verses=100%,80%,75%,150%,75%,50%,100%,80%,40%,100%,33%
Rocker=yes
InfDeathAnim=NUCLDIE
PreImpactAnim=NIMPNUKE_SM
AnimList=NEXPNUKE_LRG
ProneDamage=80%
ShakeXlo=4
ShakeXhi=4
ShakeYlo=8
ShakeYhi=8

;Massive nuclear warhead (15-cell AOE)
[NUKE]
CellSpread=15
CellSpread.MaxAffect=1
PercentAtMax=.25
WallAbsoluteDestroyer=yes
Wood=yes
Verses=100%,100%,100%,150%,75%,50%,80%,80%,40%,100%,100%
InfDeathAnim=NUCLDIE
Rocker=yes
AnimList=NEXPNUKE_MSV_2
ShakeXlo=6
ShakeXhi=6
ShakeYlo=12
ShakeYhi=12

When the missile hit, it caused the screen to shake, and caused a radiation field in the appropriate radius, but no animation played and no damage was otherwise inflicted. And yes, all of the animations are hooked up.

Also, I am encountering issues with PP active animations too

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm noticing now that some building animations are not playing, on high visuals with full FPS.

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Power Plants including Nuke Reactor, Wake Animations,  Time Machine, Ore Twinkle Anim has DetailLevel=2 on them in Vanilla YR. In fact i'm playing on low Visual Details because my computer annoyingly lags when Yuri's railguns fired.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I fixed that animation bug on the day I released that build. The reason is given in my last post. Don't worry about that.

Did anybody test how well the game still crashes, either by doing something silly like creating a divison by zero, or by using that debug keyboard command? Anybody with Win 8 or 7 and, if people are still using it, Win xp?

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I get the usual fatal error dialog etc. when using the test function on Windows 7 x64 at least.

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm using WinXP. Crashes works OK for me.

Crash.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.45 KB
 Viewed:  7520 Time(s)

Crash.PNG

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These strings are missing from ares.csf

TXT_COMMAND_DISABLED
TXT_RELEASE
TXT_RELEASE_NOTE
TXT_SCRNCAP_DESC

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares.csf and Documemtations in Unstable Builds are old and not updating, they are from 0.2 i think. You shouldn't override them, just Ares.dll and Ares.dll.inj.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks again! Looks like I can prepare some more features soon... Very Happy

MustaphaTR: Thanks, but that is a planned error, meaning Ares detects this and can thus provide better information. Can you create a real crash, that is by invalid data or the test function keyboard command? That is, an unexpected error or crash?

Mig Eater: I upload the dll and the inj, and a script on the server packages the documentation and everyting. I'd have to alter that, but I don't know much about it. And I don't want to bother Renegade with this. (I'm actually very glad that he's still providing this service.) Just use the latest release files, and only copy over Ares.dll.

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

MustaphaTR: Thanks, but that is a planned error, meaning Ares detects this and can thus provide better information. Can you create a real crash, that is by invalid data or the test function keyboard command? That is, an unexpected error or crash?

Unexpected errors work OK too. I used test function.

Error 2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.67 KB
 Viewed:  7507 Time(s)

Error 2.PNG

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you!

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Follow up on my issue with Custom weapons on missiles

I had removed Missile.Damage and Missile.EliteDamage from my Custom Missile, as your post above suggests the weapon's damage entry would be used instead.

It seems that Missile.Damage/EliteDamage is used to control the damage still.

Missile.Weapon=NukePayload
Missile.Damage=500
Missile.EliteWeapon=OkaNukeE

NukePayload's RadLevel, Warhead and Bright settings are respected, but the damage dealt is 500, not [NukePayload]'s 1000.

EliteDamage was omitted, and the result was that OkaNukeE's RadLevel/Warhead/Bright were respected, but no damage was dealt, nor any animation played. The warhead is NUKE, by the way.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't get it. Why is Missile.Damage still there if you're trying to get it to use the weapon? Just omit it.

I'd love to help you test since I have some free time now, but the game just refuses to start for me.

Probably a Windows 10 compatibility problem with old games, which I've posted here seeking for some advice on how to deal with this.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are right. The damage is still taken from the Custom Missile. I guess this is a bit unintuitive, so if nobody complains like "This totally is a feature! I'm using that!", then I'll change it for the next build.

Regarding compat: I made YR's gamemd.exe to run in 16 bit colors. That's the only compatibility setting required for me. In case it still doesn't launch, try to run it one time as administrator.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The initial post for this version confused me, I guess:
"The weapon used to deliver damage. If set, the weapon is used to control projectile, warhead, damage and bright settings for a short-lived bullet that detonates immediately."

The way it works is fine, it just needs to be clarified that Missile.Damage is what causes the damage. Sorry for the hijack, anyways.

Last edited by EVA-251 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not hijacking, it's a genuine bug.

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First thing:

Alex, you are the best!

Second:

-Game runs faster overall!
-Can confirm the missing power plant animations (soviet)
-Can confirm Quick Exit works

Thank you!

PePsiCola
Cyborg Specialist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will contribute as well. For the features I tested,

QuickExit - Works
DiskLaser Animations - Works
Aircraft Docking - Works
Nuke flash - Works
OmniCrusher.Aggressive - Works
CrushDamage - Works
Faster Game load up - Works

Other than the solved power plant issue, I have no other bugs to report as of now.

Lastly, gameplay definitely seemed much smoother overall. Great work on this, Alex!

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I may make a suggestion, perhaps making AutoCrush customizable per-unit would allow for greater degree of control than OmniCrusher.Aggressive - it would allow us to also make units which are Crusher, but not OmniCrusher, to automatically attempt to crush their target, if it is eligible to be crushed.

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quick update: I've been busy in the last month, and very busy in the last ten days. That's why there were so few updates from me.

Ich-Henker and PePsiCola: Thank you!

Millennium: I'd have to look into it. OmniCrush and PlayerAutoCrush work differently. The first has infinite range and the latter is for distances less than 1 cell, iirc.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aargh... my bad. It is like you say. And AutoCrush is already per-unit.

Perhaps... AutoCrushRange? I.e., set on a unit, if the current target is within this many cells of the unit, unit will attempt to crush it? This would be complete customization.

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My bad.

Last edited by ApolloTD on Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

QuickExit not working for me.
Will try others later.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personal note: Can you all please stop to report the same bug over and over again? It's the seventh or eighth time that the missing animation issue has been pointed out. I'm not an idiot, and I got it the first time already. Read what others reported (and what I confirmed as fixed that very day) before reporting it again. Thanks for your attention.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all, sorry for being so rude in my last post. I've got a handful of bug reports here, a few notes in chat about this, one bug report on LaunchPad and five related emails. It was getting on my nerves.
---

After a long time of non-Ares-related work, I uploaded a new binary, which finally fixes the animations issue. Also, it's time to reveal a few more changes regarding Solid Buildings and Firestorm, as well as a few more features like Troop Crawler-like units. A handful of fixes completes this binary, like fixed Custom Missile damage when in weapon mode.

Again, I'll soon start to update LaunchPad. The next version shouldn't take that long, as my workload has decreased a bit.

Fixes

• DetailLevel=2 anims will now display correctly
  • Airburst and Splits were broken after 0.9, which has been fixed
  • Use the weapon's damage for Custom Missiles, not the Custom Missile's
  • Map actions 92 and 93 might be fixed now (both Firestorm related)
  • Damaging active Firestorm Walls should reduce charge now
  • Aircraft might now hit Solid Buildings (#895507, hopefully)
  • Open Gates don't count as Solid Buildings (#895500)

Solid Buildings
Solid Buildings have been recoded in large parts. The feature disallows firing through Solid Buildings and players get the out-of-range-attack cursor when trying to do so. Units will move around the buildings to find a good spot to fire. This now works also for Inviso projectiles (note an optical glitch: Lasers will still draw as if they are firing through buildings, but they will damage the building and not their actual target).

Open gates cannot be hit accidentally any more, bullets will pass through, even if solid. As noted above, aircraft should now be able to hit Solid Buildings.

A tag for letting allied bullets ignore Solid Buildings
This mirrors AlliedWallTransparency, but as that one is in a wall-related section, this is in CombatDamage instead.

[CombatDamage]AlliedSolidTransparency= (bool, defaults to no)
Whether buildings of allied players are considered transparent for firing through them even if solid. If yes, owning players and their allies can fire through a building without the bullet hitting it.

Moved SolidHeight to rulesmd
SolidHeight is related to art (though invisible), as it defines how high the building is game-wise, but it is also a balancing tag, like Strength. For consistency, it has been moved. For backwards compatibility, SolidLevel is still read from artmd, but the one in rulesmd takes precedence. That is, it should behave as always, but if you add it now, add it to rulesmd.

Different levels of solidness for buildings
This is a bit hard to explain...
This feature makes it possible to distinguish between solid buildings a warhead cannot shoot through and solid buildings a warhead should try to shoot through, first destroying the building and then the real target behind it. This is comparable to walled in buildings, were units also attack the building no matter that a wall is in the way. This can be used to differentiate between solid buildings that are in the way but usually have to be destroyed, like gates, and solid buildings like bunkers that really are impenetrable and where it would be smarter to reposition the unit. Also, it allows for example units with elite weapons to go on a rampage, forcefully shooting through solid buildings.

Only enemy buildings' solidity will be considered. Units will not try to fire through allied buildings.

[BuildingType]SolidLevel= (integer, defaults to 1)
The solidity of this building.

[Warhead]SolidLevel= (integer, defaults to 0)
The highest level of solidity this warhead will consider as easily destructible when targeting. If a solid building with this solidity level or lower is in the way to the actual target, the unit will fire anyhow, first destroying all obstacles in its way. If is is lower than the building's level, then the unit cannot fire and has to reposition itself first.

IOW, the default is the following: All buildings are more solid than any warhead. Thus, Solid Buildings count as unconditionally solid, just like in previous versions of Ares. That is, if a building has SolidHeight set, it should behave as in 0.9 or earlier, and if SolidHeight=0, it should also behave as earlier also.

Example 1: Everything else being left at default levels, setting the Apocalype Tank weapon's warhead to SolidLevel=1 will make the tank ignore all solid buildings in its firing path and just fire at its targets. The projectiles will hit the building in the path and destroy it, then the actual target.

Example 2: Setting a gate to Solidheight=-1 and SolidLevel=0 will make it a solid building still, but units will try to tear it down trying to shoot at a target behind, just like walls. If the gate is closed, it will take damage when units try to hit a target behind it, but when it is open, the projectiles will pass.

Customizable CrushDamage warhead
[TechnoType]CrushDamage.Warhead= (WarheadType, defaults to [General]C4Warhead)
The warhead used to deal damage if this unit is crushed.

Suppress Death Weapon
[Warhead]DeathWeapon.Suppress= (list of TechnoTypes)
When this warhead causes the death of a unit from this list, its death weapon will not fire.

Initial Payload (Generals-style Troop Crawlers)
[TechnoType]InitialPayload.Types= (list of TechnoTypes)
The types of the initial payload an object of this type is created with. Types can be mentioned more than once. If there are fewer items in InitialPayload.Nums= list, the last Num is used to define the count. If there are no numbers, the count is 1.
BuildingTypes and AircraftTypes are not valid. Buildings are only allowed to have InfantryType payload. Units having initial payload are not supported, because this could create infinite loops.

[TechnoType]InitialPayload.Nums= (list of integers)
The number of times each type from InitialPayload.Types= will be added. If this list contains fewer items than the types, the last number is used as count. If this list is empty, then each count is 1.

Finer grained ProtectedDriver or increased KillDriver resistance
[TechnoType]ProtectedDriver.MinHealth= (double - percentage, defaults to 0.0 if ProtectedDriver=yes, to 1.0 otherwise)
The minimum health below which the driver of this unit can be killed. If the health is above this, the driver cannot be killed. If KillDriver.KillBelowPercent= is also defined on the warhead, the minimum of the two values is used, that is, this tag can make a unit more resistant against driver killing weapons.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can confirm AlliedSolidTransparency, yay my base defences dont blow up my own buildings now XD SolidLevel is also working as described. I've been unable to get aircraft to crash into a building tho :/

I can also confirm Initial Payload working.

Solid Buildings was one of the first suggestions I made for Ares & I've been using it on all the buildings in D-day since it's inclusion. These new additions to the logic have greatly enhanced the feature, creating the urban warfare environment that I originally envisioned Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 5 [220 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon