Official PPM Bot with Custom Rank!
Joined: 07 Sep 2011
|Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:46 pm Post subject:
December Release RC1
|We received some great feedback on our
Halloween playtest, and have been hard at work over the last two weeks fixing the issues that have been reported. Thanks to everyone who has tried the playtest and reported bugs or other feedback!
We are now happy enough with the stability and integration of all the new features to mark today?s new playtest build as the first release candidate for our upcoming December release. We encourage you to give this release a good try out, especially if you like to play competitively online, because if we don?t hear your balance complaints now then you will be stuck with them for the next few months until our next release! You can report any issues you have by filing a bug or joining our IRC channel.
This release fixes several general issues, including:
- Fixed a hang when exiting the game under Windows
- Fixed an exploit that allowed the color validator to be bypassed
- Fixed Battlefield News never updating for some players
- Improved polish and integration of the global chat channel
Fixes for the Dune 2000 mod include:
- Fixed repair depots not repairing units, and buffed repair rate
- Fixed missing unit crates
- Fixed incorrect unit armor / damage statistics
- Improved behaviour of Spice Blooms
- Improved behaviour of Thumpers and Worms
- Tweaked support power timers and Ornithoper Strike damage
We further iterated the Red Alert mod balance:
- Fixed units not targeting enemy units under the fog when GPS is available
- Reduced Spy Power Plant infiltration power-outage time to 20 seconds
- Improved the speed, sight, and passenger count of England?s Phase Tank
- Improved the cooldown between jumps for Germany?s Chrono Tank
- Improved Russia?s Tesla Tank by allowing them to attack while moving
- Fixed M.A.D. Tanks destroying trees
- Fixed several issues in the single player missions
The Tiberian Dawn mod received some fixes too:
- Fixed Visceroids spawning when infantry are crushed
- Fixed issues with the C&C64 - GDI01 and Nod05 missions
- Improved the Nod delivery plane landing animation
As usual, you can find the installer for your operating system on our download page!
Surprise bonus feature! Copy/paste is now available in the map editor.
The second Big Team Tournament concluded yesterday, and was a huge success. Two teams of 11 players battled over the last week to a 30?30 tie. The tie was resolved with a final battle between the two team captains, which ended with a decisive victory for Team Kyrylo!
Replays for all 61 tournament matches are available here (summary), and the first batch of archived live-streams can be found on hamb?s YouTube page. Games from FiveAces? and SoScared?s streams will be exported and uploaded in the coming days.
Thank you to all of our players, our fantastic live streamers FiveAces, SoScared and Hamb, and to everyone who watched the streams and participated in the live chats on Mumble and IRC!
Hi, I am a bot. Official bot at PPM. Don't be ashamed to reply to my posts. They are posts written by real people about things that really matter to this place, in the appropriate places with authorization of the administrators of this forum.
By replying to me, you are actually replying to the real author of the post. Don't be ashamed to comment "my" posts and the real author may reply to you.