Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Twisted Insurrection Leaderboard
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ROMaster2
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject:  Twisted Insurrection Leaderboard
Subject description: For speedrunning campaigns or missions
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For players who play through the missions as fast as possible, I've added a leaderboard on speedrun.com for it: https://www.speedrun.com/ti -- It's the same site where the other C&C games' leaderboards are hosted. Until someone does a full campaign run, individual levels will be the default page. If you submit a run it should be approved within 24 hours, though likely in less time than that.

It's unfortunate there's no measure of in-game time currently. That's what most of the other games tend to use. Hopefully it'll be added in the future; for now we'll use real time.

Last edited by ROMaster2 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's awesome! Smile I'd be really interested to see players speedrun Twisted Insurrection.

The lack of an in-game time counter is something we're unable to do anything about, I'm afraid, the engine simply doesn't have anything like it with the exception of the trigger-set mission timers that are used in some missions. Though it could be interesting to look into the possibilities for the future.

Just a note: Nod Mission 16 is not considered stable at the moment, it needs fixing as severe lag make it unplayable after a certain amount of time, so it might be a good idea to remove it for the duration.

ROMaster2
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's sort of de facto that there'll be no runs of Nod Mission 16 or the Nod Campaign. Most runners tend to practice the missions before doing attempts, so they'd be aware that it can't be finished at this time. I'll put make a note on the board though.

I did come up with a temporary solution for full campaign runs: setting LiveSplit to automatically pause after splitting (which would either be when Mission Accomplished appears or the map is unloaded) and resume on the beginning of the next mission (pressing Resume Mission or when the map is visible).

ROMaster2
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Going to finally get around to do mission runs myself soon. I may have the records for Tiberian Sun and Firestorm GDI missions/campaigns, and knowing how to play well helps, but a mod can be completely different (that, and I'm uncontested). Best example is my attempts at playing Mental Omega. I consider myself fairly good at the originals but it's a whole other ball game, I can barely beat the missions casually.

Some time ago I added FakeSkinS's "run" of GDI Mission 1 since I didn't want the leaderboard to be completely empty and it seemed as if he was trying to go fast.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It could be interesting to host some kind of competiton in the future to see who can beat individual missions the fastest. As developers, we'd easily notice any evidence of modded files too. Will look into that.

ROMaster2
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fortranm beat me to the punch as I've kept putting off streaming for no good reason this past week. The new GloboTech mission is runnable whereas the older one wasn't so much. I've routed out GDI 09 on 0.4.5 and can probably do the same strats on 0.6.

I removed the Twisted Dawn campaigns from the full-game leaderboards as I'm guessing it's not really complete yet. I also noticed Nod 16 was removed. I'm guessing it still has that crippling bug problem?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I removed the Twisted Dawn campaigns from the full-game leaderboards as I'm guessing it's not really complete yet

The Twisted Dawn missions you see in there are final versions, they may be updated in time to fix bugs or add a few extra bits, but otherwise they're definitely considered final missions, unless you mean that more will be added over the course of time? In which case, yes, many, many more will come.

Quote:
I also noticed Nod 16 was removed. I'm guessing it still has that crippling bug problem?

Unfortunately yes, we were unable to salvage it.

Demo
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Quote:
I removed the Twisted Dawn campaigns from the full-game leaderboards as I'm guessing it's not really complete yet

The Twisted Dawn missions you see in there are final versions, they may be updated in time to fix bugs or add a few extra bits, but otherwise they're definitely considered final missions, unless you mean that more will be added over the course of time? In which case, yes, many, many more will come.

Quote:
I also noticed Nod 16 was removed. I'm guessing it still has that crippling bug problem?

Unfortunately yes, we were unable to salvage it.

May I ask what your plan is on Nod Mission 16? Reform it in such way it doesn't end up with a slow framerate or a completely new mission instead?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's difficult to say, the map itself is beautifully crafted and we don't want to lose it, but it needs a huge update to fix it's FPS drop. We're always looking into a solution and we're aiming to salvage it.

ROMaster2
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was able to get under 30 minutes for GDI 09: Flight though I'm not posting it to the leaderboard until it's not completely terrible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum