Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
Miggy's Workbench
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [215 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that whole Modenc Bib page is wrong/outdated.

Setting Bib does not change any image nor does it add any visual bib.
BibShape= in art.ini works completely independent and also on buildings with Bib=no in rules.ini
Bib=yes only makes the south east row of cells on any building foundation passable. So for any foundation AxB with A=1 the whole building gets passable.

The whole modenc explanation fits more to TD/RA1 where there were no 1x1 bibs. Only the generic 2x2 and 2x3 sand bibs. And when the bit flag in the exe was set, the game automatically added the right sand bib according to the foundation of the building.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a new set of urban cliffs with 4, 3, 2 & 1 hight pieces. The ones seen here have grass on the bottom edge, included in the set are also pave, sand & water variants, as well as hundreds of ramp & joints pieces that can link them all together.

Also show in the the screen shot is a modular railing system that allows me to use different types of railings/walls along the edges of the cliffs.

ucliffs01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  946.66 KB
 Viewed:  8327 Time(s)

ucliffs01.png

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ztype that's nice, blends in really well too

ayylmao on Discord

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a set of generic defences that can be built by all sides in D-day: Barbed wire, sandbags, gates & trenches.

These trenches can only be built in short lines & not a complex network as shown in a previous screen shot.

gendef.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  665.91 KB
 Viewed:  8313 Time(s)

gendef.png

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dayum, this is nice.

One suggestion tho, with the flags: add some vertical darkening lines when it waves, and perhaps make the flags a little bit brighter.(that is, of course, if you consider it as important).

Still, great work.

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DDDDDDD:

that fantastic! you're magic MIG!

Tutorial pls!!!! :rool:

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What part do you want a tutorial about?

I was asked in a PM to show a screen shot of how the railings where laid out, so here is a pic of them in FA2.

rail01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.88 KB
 Viewed:  8248 Time(s)

rail01.png

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder how the tiles are painted....MS Paint?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use 3DS Max & Photoshop.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

new Guinness World Record
1 million wonderful assets created by a single man (Mig Eater) for a single game (D-Day). Smile

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ROFL...

Well the flow of assets might slow down a bit now. Some of the new terrain I want to make isn't possible with the colour pallet I'm currently using. Editing all of the existing terrain to use a new better pal might take months. So I've decided to stop all work on D-day's terrain & concentrate on finishing what I have for release. After that I'll then redo the terrain with a new pal.

With that said tho I have a large backlog of assets that I haven't posted about, so this topic wont die any time soon.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can change the color palette of your TMPs with TMP Shop Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd rather apply the new pal to the original full colour renders rather then converting the files in the old pal. The overall quality should be improved with less graininess & more contrast.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah ok,
i thought you only moved around a few colors in the palette to free some other colors. But for an entire new palette a new conversion would be indeed better.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a set of new bunkers called Observation Posts. These structures will be placed at strategic locations around maps in v3.8 of D-day. Garrisoning them with infantry will reveal a large area of shroud around the bunker, providing the player with increased intelligence on enemy movements. This is also especially useful as shroud will now grow back much quicker in v3.8. As well as giving the player increased view range the Observation Posts also provide a small but steady stream of credits during their occupation, boosting the players economy. These structures add new tactical gameplay, with control of a maps strategic locations now becoming a priority & could mean the difference between a win or defeat.

The Observation Posts are an evolution/replacement for the Capture Points tech buildings that I posted about some time ago.

bunker01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  450.2 KB
 Viewed:  8117 Time(s)

bunker01.png

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interresting, bur isn't it better if they use the psi radius and detection instead of big sight range on them?

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've never liked the psychic sensor, having flashing movement lines spread across the map looks really ugly & knowing what one infantry the AI is targeting isn't particularly important :/

BTW I plan to make some gameplay videos next month, which will show these bunkers in use on some new maps.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you could add a dummy weapon which can shoot only big dangerous units and have it play a warning sound to alert the player
or have the dummy weapon use a simple laser line as target indicator
or use the radar dish as a turret and use it to show the player the direction from where an enemy is coming (similar to the early TI radar which used flashing lights to show the threat direction).

Public SHPs

Tools

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
you could add a dummy weapon which can shoot only big dangerous units and have it play a warning sound to alert the player
or have the dummy weapon use a simple laser line as target indicator
or use the radar dish as a turret and use it to show the player the direction from where an enemy is coming (similar to the early TI radar which used flashing lights to show the threat direction).

You can't use that method as its mentioned to be a garrisonable structure. Garrisonable Buildings can't have both Occupant Weapons and its own Weapon... If worse comes to worse he'd have to use the Psychic Sensor tag even if it looks weird. Also the lines are drawn directly in the center too IIRC.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is an alternative set of train tracks without wooden sleepers & stones. They will be used in industrial and urban areas where the tracks were laid into the pavement.

tracks02.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.06 MB
 Viewed:  8076 Time(s)

tracks02.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the thin tracks lack anti-aliasing
it might be good to put a grey stripe under them so the dark tracks can anti-aliase into the grey stripe. Just a simple 5 pixel wide grey stripe under each of the 1 pixel wide tracks.

Then the tracks should also blend in better and don't look like placed on top of the concrete.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tracks like this are generally placed directly on top of/with in the pavement. I plan to use them on multiple types of terrain, not just grey concrete so I wanted to keep them simple.

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this pls: Rolling Eyes is fantastic, but my attempts doesn't work :c

-and whoa.... the raisl looks very nice, but the trains (civilian) are only enviorement  Sad

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That train and gate doesn't look like happy with Z-shorting. Everyting else looks really good.

Generals Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/generals-alpha
Romanov's Vengeange: https://www.moddb.com/mods/romanovs-vengeance

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MustaphaTR wrote:
That train and gate doesn't look like happy with Z-shorting. Everyting else looks really good.

nope, this is terrain object... works different

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
this pls

The Z-data I used is on the previous page, have you tried using that?

Quote:
train and gate

Yah I used the wrong gate XD easy fix tho.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahh yes, that's actually why I haven't implemented my tracks yet, still mulling over things like crossings and stations that wouldn't use sleepers...

Even though I don't intend to have nearly as many pieces are you, I have to figure out the bare minimum. Are you planning to make crossover sections for two side by side tracks?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Tracks like this are generally placed directly on top of/with in the pavement. I plan to use them on multiple types of terrain, not just grey concrete so I wanted to keep them simple.

yes, but as you can see on the picture, left and right of the metal track is a thin dark stripe (concrete or dirt whatever)
The metal track being only one third of the actual width before the normal concrete starts.

If you would make your pure track pieces with a thin border next to them, the track itself would look less pixelated on corners and the thin border would still allow it to be placed on many different ground types.
The thin border could be also used to make the tracks look like embedded into the ground (like in your picture) and not only put on top of it.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@G-E: Tracks can't be placed side by side, they need a minimum of one cell between them, otherwise trains will jump between them.

@LKO: I added a border around them using a shadow, It helps soften the corners & blends into the different types of terrain ok. But I'm not sure if I like it more tho, both versions have pros & cons.

tracks03.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  613.04 KB
 Viewed:  7962 Time(s)

tracks03.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, makes them look pretty big.

I think i noticed the problem.
When checking the images with gimp on a high zoom, i noticed that the tracks are actually a bright grey top with a dark side. First when looking only at the images, i had the impression the dark part is the entire track.
With the top of the track being grey they lack contrast to the surrounding area, so for me only the darker side is well visible (not sure if others have the same issue too. could be my eyes only)

I would suggest giving the complete track a rusty brown metal look, so it has a nice contrast against all different types of ground. Especially the top, which is the more important reference point of the track and not the side.

You might also check/fix the north/south tracks. The right rail is 2 pixel wide and should be reduced to 1 pixel.

btw, that steam train is looking gorgeous. Does it smoke when moving?
A nice detail would be if you use "Play Anim" on the trains Script to play a smoke/steam anim that goes to the side coming from the front cylinders when it stops at a train station. Wink

trainsmoke.gif
 Description:
Play Anim used on the wagons unload script and the trains move script
 Filesize:  94.5 KB
 Viewed:  7939 Time(s)

trainsmoke.gif

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I plan to use a dummy weapon on the train that will spawn smoke from the firing anim. I haven't got around to making it yet tho #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think Play Anim on the script could be used too.
e.g.
[TrainScript]
0=Play Anim -> infinite looping smoke
1=Move to Waypoint ->TrainStation A
2=Play Anim -> smoke to the side from the cylinders
Unload train and Guard to allow passengers to leave and enter it
3=Move to Waypoint ->TrainStation B
4=Play Anim -> smoke to the side from the cylinders
Unload train and Guard to allow passengers to leave and enter it
5=Jump to Line 1 (not 0, since we don't want the main smoke to start a second time)

Weapons on a train can cause trouble iirc like disconnecting wagons etc.

This way you could even give the train a default medium smoke which is played constantly
and a thicker dark smoke with a limited duration which you start right before the train starts moving again,
thus making it more dynamic.

Public SHPs

Tools

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another option is to use a periodic dummy framed AttachEffect.Animation with Trailer to spawn smoke puffs. Requires a lot less messing with scripts and more steamery.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just noticed that Play Anim might not work if the chimney isn't centered, because Play Anim is by default played centered only.
Even using FireFLH doesn't help, since the offset playing looping anim isn't rotated with the unit.

Does AttachEffect allows an offset for the anim and also keep it relative to the units rotation?

OffsetSmoke.gif
 Description:
FireFLH offset played anim isn't rotated with the unit
 Filesize:  11.45 KB
 Viewed:  7886 Time(s)

OffsetSmoke.gif

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I gave the train a dummy weapon with a low ROF & a particle system with a low SpawnCutoff. The smoke has gaps in it while the weapon resets but it doesn't suffer from the positioning problems. I have an idea to smooth out the gaps but I'll try that tomorrow.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you let the train fire the weapon continuously? I guess OmniFire or something like that!?
Well if it doesn't cause trouble with the trains script, this sounds like a good technique.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Weapon code:

[SmokeDumy]
Damage=0
ROF=0
Range=999
Speed=100
Projectile=Invisible
Warhead=DummyTargetWH
OmniFire=yes
AreaFire=yes
AttachedParticleSystem=TrainGreySSys
UseSparkParticles=yes

Two issues I'm having tho are that It can't fire on the move & because it now has a weapon its considered a threat causing my units to shot it.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could always give it a high strength and damage it on the map, using the damagesmoke?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damaged smoke comes from the center of the unit & disappears after a short time. With the above method I can specify where the smoke comes from & make it spawn continuously.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since the dummy weapon can't fire on the move, i think another logic should be found.

Do you have track slopes?
If not, you could also make a 32 facing SHP train and then have the smoke in the walkframes. (a clever combination of using dark grey opaque pixel and shadow frames transparent black could still make this quite good looking)

Any chance a VXL unit can get an SHP turret?
TurretOffset to move it in the right place, TurretSpins=yes and the 32 turret frames used to create a looping smoke anim.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do have slopes & vxl units cant have shp turrets (shp turrets cant be offset either).

I think having it puff smoke when stationary is the best I'm gona get :/

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something looms over the horizon...

tow_shad.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.55 MB
 Viewed:  7799 Time(s)

tow_shad.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A giant dick shadow? o.O #Tongue

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When my girlfriend saw me posting that pic she said "I bet someone will make a dick joke" Rolling Eyes

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those buildings are so.... realistic.  Surprised

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm glad i was able to meet your girlfriends expectations. Very Happy

Public SHPs

Tools

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Weapon code:

[SmokeDumy]
Damage=0
ROF=0
Range=999
Speed=100
Projectile=Invisible
Warhead=DummyTargetWH
OmniFire=yes
AreaFire=yes
AttachedParticleSystem=TrainGreySSys
UseSparkParticles=yes

Two issues I'm having tho are that It can't fire on the move & because it now has a weapon its considered a threat causing my units to shot it.

The problem of not being able fire on the move comes from UseSparkParticles=yes key, use IsRailgun for example to enable the move fire or try UseFireParticles key instead that might work too.

As for threat, try ThreatPosed=0 or LegalTarget=no etc.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those buildings are excellent, are you making Germany or some other eastern European country? The shadow = Eiffel tower?

BTW since you brought it up in my thread, your scale seems inconsistent haha #Tongue

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thx Apollo, IsRailgun fixed the firing on the move. It already has ThreatPosed=0 & LegalTarget=no disables it's weapon! I fixed it tho by using a custom armour type along with Versus.Train.PassiveAcquire=no.

train.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.53 MB
 Viewed:  7693 Time(s)

train.gif

Last edited by Mig Eater on Sat May 21, 2016 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sweet  Smile

\edit
is this with ROF=0?
The gap between the puffs seems rather long. Any chance to make the smoke spawn more frequently?
Maybe it works better with art.ini smoke and no particlesystem
having the muzzleflash dummy spawn via TrailerAnim an upwards moving smoke cloud.
Then you could use a slightly longer muzzleflash anim duration than ROF and have a very fast TrailerSeperation setting for a lot of smoke clouds.

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [215 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon