Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
Dev Info: MultiFramed Undo (Stu, read this!)
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject:  Dev Info: MultiFramed Undo (Stu, read this!) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've changed the structure of TUndoRedo to accept multiples frames.

The structure has changed to this:

Code:
type
TUndoRedo_Item = record
        X : integer;
        Y : integer;
        Colour : byte;
end;

TUndoRedo_Frames = array of packed record
        Num : cardinal;
        FrameID : smallint;
        Items : array of TUndoRedo_Item;
end;

TUndoRedo_Items = array of packed record
        Frames : TUndoRedo_Frames;
end;

TUndoRedo = record
        Items : TUndoRedo_Items;
end;

I believe you can understand this very well. I only wanna point out that FrameID (which used to be called Frame) has changed to smallint because no descent C&C modder will put more than 32768 frames in his SHP. I buildup with more than 32768 frames would take over a minute in most of computers to finish. Any superweapon effect with 32768 frames would be possible, but it's also crazyness and I know that humans won't have patience to work on 32768 frames or more... unless they wanna make a movie, but BS SHP Builder isnt made for movies.

I applied this new concept to make the undo to Colour Replacement and Pal Pack (after I got seriously pissed off by loosing my pretty ninja scorpion sniper Neutral). I made 2 new procedures to allow it to add different points into the same undo item:

procedure GenerateNewUndoItem(var UndoRedo : TUndoRedo);
procedure AddToUndoMultiFrames(var UndoRedo : TUndoRedo; framenumber:smallint; xpos,ypos:smallint; colour:byte);

The first one generates the new undo item. Add it before the loop. The second one adds the values of a pixel to the last undo item and goes inside the loop. In the end of the process, you just need to run FrmMain.UndoUpdate; to add it to the Undo list.

Here's a sample from the latest Colour Replacement code:

Code:
GenerateNewUndoItem(UndoList);
// Recolour Image
for Frame := FS to FE do
begin
   ProgressBar1.Position := Frame;
   //ProgressBar1.Refresh;
   for x := xstart to xend do
      for y := ystart to yend do
      begin
         AddToUndoMultiFrames(UndoList,Frame,x,y,FrmMain.SHP.Data[Frame].FrameImage[x,y]);
         FrmMain.SHP.Data[Frame].FrameImage[x,y] := colours[FrmMain.SHP.Data[Frame].FrameImage[x,y]];
      end;
end;

FrmMain.UndoUpdate;

I still have to add an undo code for resize, add frame and remove frame (since these features can cause a havoc in the undo, if they are used).

Btw, I have a bad news for BS SHP Builder users: Pal Pack and Colour Replacement will take half a second more to load... sorry #Tongue, but it's for your own safety.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

U should the TTempView to store the data and pass that to a procedure that adds it to the undo thing, thus u don't waste ppls Ram storing pixels that havn't changed.

Thoughtu were mr optimise.

P.S u sure everything still works?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, this undo system allows us to only store the modified pixels, but I've just noticed that my colour replacement code really stores every pixel. Maybe I should do a 'pixel check' to save memory...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so the original undo procedures n functions are still working fine, u just modifyed them to account for the fact u can use frames now ?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The original undo stuff appears to work fine here. I did some tests and found out no problems so far.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

u should try n make a new procedure/function that uses an array of TTempView's to generate a multipul frame undo adding thingy.

note: frame numbers would b stored in an array of integer, and the total number of frames affected would b stored in an integer.

The reason for using TTempView is that it is a small and compact way to store GFX data.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, actually, I prefer the format above. The functions for multiframed are correct, but I added a verification in the end of the loop that checks if something was added and delete the latest generated item if nothing was added, otherwise we would have a corrupted item.

Also, talking about 'corrupted item', I did a little hack that made the program undo inserted and deleted frames through 'corrupted items'. It detects when the first frame has no items and deals in a special way with these frames. I just need to extend this function now to accept your way to deal with shadow frames. Otherwise the program will do crap by forgetting to delete or insert previous shadow frames #Tongue. I'll do it soon.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no need to save memory here (i have a gig) but not everyone has that much so i guess it is kinda important

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

u need to use something like the TTempView or u will b storing a hell of alot of unchanged crap.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I'm not storing any unchanged crap.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

when it comes to the colour replacer there is no need for sorting anything, its easy to make it use a system like the ttempview or use the actual ttempview system.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!