Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Frontline Chaos - April 2016 Update
Moderators: Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject:  Frontline Chaos - April 2016 Update
Subject description: Posted like 3 months later then the original update. It's the thought that counts ^^'
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In this (rather late) update, heavy helicopters and some sneaky previews.

As you may have noticed, it has been a while since there was an update. Fear not, this mod is not cancelled nor abandon. Over the past couple of months I was busy with various different things. Among those were:
    *things that will be shown in this update
    *things that will be shown in the future
    *helping / testing other mods
    *other games
    *RL (the horror!)

Especially the last one (RL) drained me of a lot of inspiration and energy to make something that can be shown. Work and other responsibilities can and will take much of your time, I can assure you.

Lack of inspiration to continue on the things you were doing makes you look towards alternatives, and branch out to other things. As a wise man once said: "Every disadvantage has its advantage", I've been revamping several of the default FXs from Generals to make them look better.
Explosions look a lot more... explosive, several effects for certain events have been added were they were missing, and overall things look better if I can say so. Said effects have also been supplemented by new sounds for extra oof-ness.

Another aspect I've been looking into is the design of Legion vehicles, both model-wise and texture wise. I can reveal that two Legion vehicles so far have been given a new model, and are in the progress of being unwrapped and textured. I have ideas for revamping several of the other vehicles in the Legion arsenal, but those are basically raw ideas and sketches.

Anyway, time to show the actual work done. I present to you, the Dragonfly:

The Dragonfly is the main assault helicopter used by Revenant forces. While sharing the ability to haul heavy loads like its unarmed cousin the Mayfly, the Dragonfly is much more heavier armoured and armed to the teeth with various weapons. In the default configuration preferred by most commanders it is armed with a turret mounted chaingun and autocannon, and rocket pods hung from the wings. The chaingun and autocannon are effective against soft or lightly armoured targets, while the rockets are used to hunt down heavier armoured targets.

As a trade-off for the extra armour and armaments, the Dragonfly has a lower maximum carry weight then its cousin. Nonetheless, its hauling capabilities are still far greater then most helicopters. A Dragonfly can easily haul an armoured cargo pod around, with room for 5 soldiers or an armoured vehicle.

And with that public service announcement, this is the end of this month's / quarter's (scrap what doesn't fit) update.
Dutchygamer signing off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon