Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Saving manually to *.urb filenames saves as *.urb.shp
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject:  Saving manually to *.urb filenames saves as *.urb.shp Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This doesn't happen to saving as .tem or .sno for some reason, but .shp is automatically appended to .urb?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would also be nice if the porogram could remember the import preferences on the last tab, especially the use pixel 0,0 for background, instead of defaulting back each time.

Chances are when you import you are doing several at a time, and speeding that up would be nice.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

noticed the first too when i saved DTA's .des files.
It seems SHP Builder has some hardcoded filetypes included and falls back to SHP for any unknown.

SHP Builder should in general save a lot more of the last used settings.
e.g.
-save the last used import palette
-save the last used folder for import
-save the last used color conversion technique
etc

Too bad Banshee is the sole programmer of this. SHP Builder could use a dedicated programmer who overhauls the entire program and brings it to todays standards.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it would be awesome if you could pick an image set and have it auto-import it for each theater palette once you pick which type it is...

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

-save the last used import palette
-save the last used folder for import

It does save these two. You can select a palette from the menu and that palette is used for imports.
When using browse, it opens the last used folder.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Palette caching was a recent feature though and might not even hit a "released" version, only the public betas.

Although I acknowledge, I got used to use nightly Banshee tools for years now, so I might be very wrong here.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Selecting a palette from menu and then using import saves me from going to other tabs in import
screen in most cases. Any further import uses the same palette unless changed. It has been like that
for as long as I remember.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Using Version 3.37.99.020

Palette is always reset for me.
Import->Colours Palette is always set on (TS) unittem.pal.
Regardless if i select/load before a different palette in main menu or used in a previous import a different palette.

Colour Conversion Method is also not saved. I have to set it every time to Delta E CIE.

It only remembers last used folder (seems i was wrong about this).

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You might be having an open shp on top/active which is in unittem.pal. Otherwise, the latest beta
version r98 (3.37.99.20) still functions like a decade ago as mentioned earlier.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum