Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[YR] Nature Trail to Hell (2-4)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Chrono Vortex
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject:  [YR] Nature Trail to Hell (2-4) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is my first attempt at a legitimate multiplayer or skirmish map. There's lots of light posts, a few (mostly lighting related) ini edits and plenty of ambient sounds. Also, to try to keep this from becoming too much of a camp fest in the case of a top vs bottom 2v2, there's some cheeky repair teams for the left and right concrete bridges should they be destroyed. This map can work for a 1v1, a 2v2 or a 4 player FFA.

If anyone has any I'm open to suggestions and criticisms.

Nature Trail to Hell.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.4 MB
 Viewed:  3060 Time(s)

Nature Trail to Hell.png

Nature Trail to Hell.yrm
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Nature Trail to Hell.yrm
 Filesize:  148.28 KB
 Downloaded:  153 Time(s)

Last edited by Chrono Vortex on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:10 am; edited 10 times in total

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it's kind of weird to have a random city part with 6 pretty large buildings in it, in the middle of nowhere. Aside from that, building space is EXTREMELY scarce (practically only can build on the road on the top left), so it would be a quick game. Looks nice, but wouldn't function very well IMO.

Chrono Vortex
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, I made several changes including a bridge between the two cities which hopefully makes slightly more sense, since the roads going off the map are now connected, but primarily to provide another possible direction of attack on both the cities and ore patches. Turns out after some more playtesting that the huge amount of ore in the center wasn’t a good idea, so that ore has been reduced and more has been added to the players’ patches. Also added a couple oils in the water and gave everyone the ability to produce amphibious transports from the war factory, so the Allies and their helicopter get less of an upper hand on them. Also fiddled around with the INI a bit more and added some new triggers. Don’t know about the build space, but I haven’t had any problems with it thus far. Thanks for the feedback.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon