Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Hearts of Iron 4: Hearts and Minds mod
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject:  Hearts of Iron 4: Hearts and Minds mod Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hearts and Minds

Available on Steam Workshop

This mod is aimed at multiplayer or more varied singleplayer experiences and is not intended to be historically accurate.

Greater strategic options and political management

I want the player to be able to cruise through the game at a constant speed 3 and still have plenty to do. Currently you more or less go at full speed until something pops up, but that feels kind of stale and like a wasted opportunity. Here you should be able to keep going at a middle speed and have issues to tackle and decisions to make at a steady pace.

Some central features:

• Cabinet of Ministers. This is where you choose who you want to lead the different departments of your country. They each provide different bonuses to different fields. From left to right there is -

- Minister of War, mostly giving battlefield bonuses
- Minister of Finance, dealing with internal production & manufacture
- Minister of Education, manipulating young people for your nation
- Minister of National Development, managing matters of construction
- Minister of Science & Technology, providing research bonuses
- Minister of Foreign Relations, handling how other nations percieve your own

These ministers are designed to be cheap and swapped out according to your need, however they sometimes also include downsides to balance out extreme bonuses. The biggest thing here is that they also hold their own political beliefs. This means each minister is either a democrat, fascist, communist or conservative (ideology drift defence) that applies a boost to each ideology when they serve your nation. You have to balance this out or can choose to let it slide for the sake of a great leader.

• Use political power to boost your own nation, rather than just other people's ideologies. Certain policies, such as higher conscription laws, will now drain political power, so it is a balancing act, not just a race to the highest manpower pool. Conversely, disarmament gives you a boost to PP so should be a valid choice in certain circumstances.
  • National unity is also something you need to balance. Certain divisive policies will result in a reduction of unity, internal political struggles can reduce faith in your ability to lead and drawn out, painful conflicts leave the population divided.
  • Research bonuses provided by your Science Minister should be meaningful enough that they actually put you significantly ahead in a certain direction.
  • Set your political party's public policy, for a nice overall booster effect at the cost of political power. This can be used to strongly promote certain ideologies by enabling its supporters, impose rationing to reduce consumerism, promote hard work, or boost national unity with a patriotic ad campaign.

Last edited by OmegaBolt on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:31 pm; edited 6 times in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just got HoI4 but haven't played it yet. In the older games I generally preferred to play as the smaller nations, which I have heard is a lot harder in the latest game so this mod sounds like it would be perfect for me Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I updated the post above. I actually cut down on the idea a bit for now, as I want to release something soon that is its own contained thing (since people like to mix and match mods). Now it's just the political stuff as I explain in a very long, boring video.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I uploaded the mod to Steam workshop last weekend and updated it quite extensively last night. Now featuring a lot of new events and some balance tweaks.

Available on Steam Workshop

Already got a good 5,600 subscibers (went up 1000 since last night actually). We'll see how long that lasts. #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Recently updated the mod a lot to make the AI much better at choosing ideologies, and some other things. I started a YouTube channel for the mod too, and here's the first episode of a let's play as Iran going communist.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum