Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[FinalSun] Tiberian Sun can't have SUPER high bridges?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lozer_42
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject:  [FinalSun] Tiberian Sun can't have SUPER high bridges?
Subject description: Help, FinalSun, Mappint
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, I'm brand new to this forum. I was directed here from cncnet when I came across the following problem.

I stared a map and put a good day and a half into it only to realize that I likely won't be able to finish it because one of the central pieces to it were two bridges running at height 8 over a deep chasm of water at height 0. When I tried putting the bridge in, connecting the two end tiles, it only appeared over the cliff faces underneath which were at height 4.

Is what I want to do actually possible--run the 8 high bridge over the 0 high chasm? If so, how? If not, what about the game's engine (or the FinalSun's code) makes it this way?

Thank you

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
go to ppmsite.com. tons of mappers over there who actually use bridges. all the nerds on here just place rocks on the floor as walls.

Laughing

Anyways...

Nope... Cant be done...

You might be able to mod the game... My need some exe hacking to get to work 100%...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello

As MadHQ pointed out this can't be done.
The high bridge Overlays are hardcoded to be 4 heightlevels above the ground on which they are placed.

However, if your canyon isn't supposed to be passable for hover units, you could try to raise the single center cell on which the bridge overlay is placed.
This however could lead to graphical glitches, which you have to cover up with other tiles (if possible)

Changing the game is not possible. There are some people here who can disassemble the exe and add new logics, but your case would be way too much work for too little effect.

RaiseSingleField.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.54 KB
 Viewed:  3528 Time(s)

RaiseSingleField.jpg

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bridges are hard coded to be drawn 4 height levels above the ground. The associated cells are also assumed to be at that height.
I haven't tested what LKO put in his screenshot, but I think it won't work.

You cannot defy the hard coded properties of the game, unfortunately.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon