Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Final Alert 2 Mod Switcher
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
leaoaltamirano
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject:  Final Alert 2 Mod Switcher
Subject description: Can't find the mod switcher
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there! can anyone help me? I recently installed the terrain expansion thing which includes the mod switcher. Problem is, after installation, I don't know where exactly this mod switcher is. Thanks!

leaoaltamirano
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay from what I found, I installed the TX v2.02a, and copied the ini files from another site (desert.ini etc.). Even doing this, running final alert 2 would not give me the track overlays (railroad tracks) please help Sad

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you look in FAData.ini you'll see a lot of stuff is set to ignore... you can remove all the items you think are relevant.

Also if you find that it saves .mpr instead of .yrm on your maps regularly, you can change/add items to the lists it uses to detect YR -- in my case I mod RA2 so I removed all those too.

leaoaltamirano
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the reply! But how exactly do you unignore these... sorry, im just starting out with this. Oh and I tried using LaunchBase, and everythign worked out except my assets (voxels, shp, etc.) don't show up. They're invisible. How do I deal with that?

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didn't notice this thread and it seems we share the same problem regarding voxels and shp being invisible and not to mention it's already 2 weeks ago and still no answer to your question. Hope someone will answer it whether this has a solution or not.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LaunchBase is kind of abandoned and AFAIK not used very often; you're better off using the XCC tools to create a mod as it may be that LaunchBase creates the voxels/shps/etc. into the wrong mix type, and like I said, it's not going to get fixed.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LaunchBase never creates mixes.

FinalAlert only reads assets from mixes - you have to also enable a switch to read mod content as well.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry if I may be misunderstand something but the owned assets(VXLs and SHPs) being invisible from FA2 won't be fixed?

Didn't notice Graion's post, so how am I going to "enable" it? My assets are already on ecache.mix.

Never mind. Got it to work by just renaming ecache.mix into expandmd##.mix. Thanks Graion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon