Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Dawn of the Tiberium Age Leaderboard
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ROMaster2
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:37 am    Post subject:  Dawn of the Tiberium Age Leaderboard
Subject description: For speedrunning campaigns or missions
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For players who play through the missions as fast as possible, I've added a leaderboard on speedrun.com for it: https://www.speedrun.com/dta -- It's the same site where the other C&C games' leaderboards are hosted. Until someone does a campaign run, individual levels will be the default page. If you submit a run it should be approved within 24 hours, though likely in less time than that.

I'm planning on doing a few missions within a couple days.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting. I'll be waiting for that speedrun of Creeping Destruction's last 3 missions on Hard.. Wink

If you think playthroughs from the staff are acceptable, here's a couple ones. They weren't really "speedruns" though, just playthroughs, but I think that they were beat pretty quickly for the most part. Maybe they could be good baselines that other players can compare themselves to.

Frostbite - Hard - by Rampastring - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_tnN0t2BTg

Co-Op: Chrono Hazard - Hard - by Bittah Commander and Rampastring - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRwlbneRB_c

Co-Op: Freezing Offensive - Hard - by Bittah Commander and Rampastring - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vYYrKki8UY

Co-Op: Double Team - Hard - by Bittah Commander and Rampastring - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yMB3wo6YVk

ROMaster2
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got in Under Siege II and the Tutorial Missions. Under Siege went well but the Tutorial Missions were a rather poor attempt honestly.

@Rampastein I'll make a post in the game's forum referencing those, thanks!

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Be aware that we consider the build-anywhere exploit a cheat and it might be fixed in any future release of DTA.

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed, it's interesting, maybe I will try some speedrun (but not on hard, I'm not as good as you).
It can be interesting to add a link in the main menu of DTA to access to the leaderboard.

Quote:
Be aware that we consider the build-anywhere exploit a cheat and it might be fixed in any future release of DTA.

I was not aware of this exploit before, it's fun. #Tongue

On the leaderboard, I saw a "view rules" option, so I guess we can add custom rules to the speedrun but what kind of custom rules are allowed ?

Laser Technology: 3%   The Brotherhood of Nod: 5%   (Secret) The War of Tomorrow: 5%   (Super Secret) The White Princess: 1%

ROMaster2
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:

You're right, I should do the mission "as intended".  Wink
It's fine if it gets patched, it is a nasty multiplayer exploit after all. The downside to that is it often results in runners using an older version for speedrunning.

Sombracier wrote:
Indeed, it's interesting, maybe I will try some speedrun (but not on hard, I'm not as good as you).
It can be interesting to add a link in the main menu of DTA to access to the leaderboard.

On the leaderboard, I saw a "view rules" option, so I guess we can add custom rules to the speedrun but what kind of custom rules are allowed ?

To be honest I'm still not very good with the Tiberian Sun engine; the records can probably be beaten with a few attempts, especially the tutorial ones.
A link through the menus to the leaderboard would certainly increase interest, if at least for casual players to see the videos.
I added rules consistent with the rest of the series. Should have done that first thing.

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have another question : If I make a speedrun only for the second mission of the tutorial, how can I prove that I play on Easy/Normal/Hard ?
In your video you can prove it because you did the first mission too and select the difficulty before, but in my case, I can't because I do only the second mission.

Maybe we should ask to add the difficulty setting displayed when you see your score at the end of the mission, it will be easier for people who make speedrun to prove they play on Easy/Normal/Hard.

Laser Technology: 3%   The Brotherhood of Nod: 5%   (Secret) The War of Tomorrow: 5%   (Super Secret) The White Princess: 1%

ROMaster2
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're right that the difficulty isn't known unless it's seen before beginning the mission/campaign. It's a problem with the series as a whole and as a result we go off the word of the runner which difficulty was selected. If it's never mentioned it's assumed it's the easiest difficulty.

I can't check the singleplayer maps since they crash Final Sun but the tutorial missions in Red Alert 2 had absolutely no difference in difficulty and may be the same here.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ROMaster2 wrote:
I can't check the singleplayer maps since they crash Final Sun but the tutorial missions in Red Alert 2 had absolutely no difference in difficulty and may be the same here.

All missions in DTA have some difficulty scaling. When it comes to the second tutorial mission, the AI attacks you roughly 4 times as hard on Hard as it does on Easy. (4 times as in it builds units 4 times faster; so on Easy the AI is quite passive)

There's also a difference between Hard and Normal, but it's smaller.

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rampa, do you think it's possible to add (for a futur update) the display of the difficulty when you see your score at the end of a mission ?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sombracier wrote:
Rampa, do you think it's possible to add (for a futur update) the display of the difficulty when you see your score at the end of a mission ?

That'd only be possible through hacking the game executable, and I don't have enough knowledge of the game engine for that. It's very unlikely that someone else would do it either.

With some missions (like with the second tutorial mission) I'm able to see the difficulty level by just following the AI's behaviour though, but there's some missions where it's harder to figure out.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't you simply expand the mapname with the difficulty setting before launching?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i guess it could give wrong results, if you start a map with hard difficulty and then load ingame the map with easy difficulty.
The launcher wouldn't notice the loaded game and still read from the ini the launched hard difficulty.
So the only secure way would be if the exe returns the difficulty setting of the recently finished map.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Can't you simply expand the mapname with the difficulty setting before launching?

There is no map name shown in the score screen. (see attachment)

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
i guess it could give wrong results, if you start a map with hard difficulty and then load ingame the map with easy difficulty.
The launcher wouldn't notice the loaded game and still read from the ini the launched hard difficulty.
So the only secure way would be if the exe returns the difficulty setting of the recently finished map.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. The client has no score screen, we're talking about the in-game score screen.

score.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  426.49 KB
 Viewed:  4357 Time(s)

score.png

ROMaster2
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA2 has a completely different scorescreen layout than TS, that option doesn't apply.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
I'm not sure what you're talking about. The client has no score screen, we're talking about the in-game score screen.

ah, thought you meant the clients score screen.

Couldn't a trigger help here?
A simple win condition trigger that shows a text.
If hard difficulty is set, it shows the text "Difficulty: Hard" when the win condition is met. 2 more trigger for the other difficulty settings.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum