Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Random Crashes and Other Bugs
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Sharpshooter
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject:  Random Crashes and Other Bugs Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, great job on the new update! Looks great and its awesome to have the ability to play the Tiberium Dawn missions, reliving the nostalgia.

Now to some not-too good parts:
1. Sometimes, the game lags up, and then crashes (no message, just freezes and then restarts my computer). Initially, I experienced that when playing Skirmish against large numbers of AI players, so I tried on smaller maps and single player missions. As far as I can tell, there's no pattern to what causes it: I had it on both skirmish and single player, and the size of the map does not seem to have an effect. I tried different settings, but those don't seem to have any effect. The only thing that I can tell is that it happens within first minute or two of the game.
2. The issue with being unable to load saved games came up again. If I try to load a saved game, the game displays the "main executive for Tiberian Sun stopped working" error.
3. Looking at the changelog, I don't think I have all the Skirmish maps displaying. Industrial Strength [2] is not there, but I do have Restricted Access [4] that wasn't on the changelog.

Thanks in advance for helping out, and keep up the good work!

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. If running FRAPS application in the background, then remove it. Otherwise,
change renderer from options and try.
2. Saves load fine for me. Saves from older version of the game may not work.
3. Industrial Strength and The Knoll maps are missing for me too. Probably not
yet included.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
1. Sometimes, the game lags up, and then crashes (no message, just freezes and then restarts my computer). Initially, I experienced that when playing Skirmish against large numbers of AI players, so I tried on smaller maps and single player missions. As far as I can tell, there's no pattern to what causes it: I had it on both skirmish and single player, and the size of the map does not seem to have an effect. I tried different settings, but those don't seem to have any effect. The only thing that I can tell is that it happens within first minute or two of the game.

As E1 Elite suggested, try different renderers to see if any of them work better for you, the common cause for this kind of thing is a renderer not being suitable for somebodies machine or operating system, it may be a little trial and error course, but there will definitely be one that works best for you.

Quote:
2. The issue with being unable to load saved games came up again. If I try to load a saved game, the game displays the "main executive for Tiberian Sun stopped working" error.

Saves and loads are working fine for me and other staff members, if you're trying to load games from an older version, they will not work due-to the mass of changes.

Quote:
3. Looking at the changelog, I don't think I have all the Skirmish maps displaying. Industrial Strength [2] is not there, but I do have Restricted Access [4] that wasn't on the changelog.

This is my fault, I aimed to have Industrial Strength [2] finished by the release but let it slip past me, I lost interest in mapping half way through finishing that one but forgot to remove it from the log. I'm sure I can get it out for a new patch. Restricted Access [4] should be available for all players, despite not being mentioned in the log (not sure what that was all about). Also, The Knoll [4] Is available since 0.6.1 patch.

Sharpshooter
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have tried different renderers, but the only one that works is the one that would do the lag and crash mentioned earlier. I would say it would be maybe one out of every 5 games or so.

Loading saved games from the most recent version still crashes the game though. Same message as before.

Sirius007
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I play on a Windows 8 Intel Desktop and experienced something

Whenever I used the Tab button to switch to the Desktop or Another Program it glitches the Current Game/Mission

Sound and Buttons work, but there is just a gibbering mess instead of seeing the game

The menu doesn't have any problems with the TAB button

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum