Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
A NOD Cell/Subfaction with access to GDI Tech?
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Sirius007
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:16 am    Post subject:  A NOD Cell/Subfaction with access to GDI Tech?
Subject description: A Conflict has many sides and perspectives
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One of the Bonus Missions should focus on other NOD subfactions (Like the one that was supported by Yuri)

In this mission, GDI and GloboTech have to fight a NOD Base that has access to TD-era GDI Vehicles

GDI starts in either the North or West and can only make Ground Vehicles

GloboTech is in the South or East and can only make Infantry

On the bright side, both groups can train Mutant Soldiers!

Oh, and the NOD Subfaction is made up of many Traitors from GDI, the UN and the United States! Expect NOD Commandos to guard the MCV!

Basically an insight into the consequences of NOD winning the First Tiberium War

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems like you're packing too much into this. What's the point of bringing mutants into this, they have basically no presence in TI. What's Globotech doing in this? Why would Nod bother heavily guarding an MCV for outdated equipment which probably doesn't benefit them that much to begin with?

Unlike in the normal TS setting, Nod's more well established here and more organized. I'd argue that having them reuse old GDI equipment doesn't make much sense in that context.

I like missions that mix around faction technology usually though. I might of made a mission like it myself if I was still working on TI mission maps. Although my take would probably involve a lore faction independent of GDI or Nod that mixes GDI and Nod TD tech, some kind of group of scavengers.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Apart from RA1, none of the RA games happens before TD and TS/TI. Having Yuri would be plain wrong.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I wonder is - I mean, in the missions alone I captured quite a few Nod buildings (and even Nod vehicles through the Nod Engineers). Wouldn't GDI, being technologically inferior due to Nod's access to the Tacitus, try to reverse-engineer some of Nod's acquired technology, possibly with GloboTech's help?

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does the Tacitus even exist in TI world?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does, but due to Kane's absence, its potential is unknown and thus it isn't featured in the story yet

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait is Tratos alive? Without CABAL or Kane, Tratos would be the only one able to understand the Tacitus.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why do you people keep talking about characters from an entirely different, independent universe? There's no CABAL in TD, and I don't think Tratos exists there either, so why they are even relevant for TI story?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damfoos wrote:
Why do you people keep talking about characters from an entirely different, independent universe? There's no CABAL in TD, and I don't think Tratos exists there either, so why they are even relevant for TI story?

Actually, an early version of CABAL exists in the TD timeline.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was it known for decrypting the Tacitus however?

Sirius007
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tacticus is divided into several pieces

NOD and GloboTech each have a piece

Tratos could be still alive. If he is, he would be younger

Many characters from Tiberium Dawn, Renegade and Sun are still alive in the TI timeline

NOD isn't a uniform organization, nor does it have perfect logistics

This mission takes place early in the Campaigns

Snipers, Commandos and Mammoth Tanks would be useful in defending NOD Outpost

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do we know Globotech has a piece of the tacitus?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isaac_The_Madd wrote:
Wait is Tratos alive? Without CABAL or Kane, Tratos would be the only one able to understand the Tacitus.

Without CABAL or Kane using the Tacitus for global destruction and technological superiority, no one would know the importance nor the potential of the Tacitus.
Thus even if there is Tratos in TI, he wouldn't have any ambition to find and decipher the Tacitus, as it's a rather unimportant artifact, which most people might not even know about.
For them it would be just a nice looking glowing marble hidden in some private locker from Kane down in some Temple's basement.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Sirius007
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One of the mod developers said so when I asked about the Tacticus

Shouldn't GloboTech be receiving the brunt of NOD's attacks since the Brotherhood knows where they are?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum