Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 am
All times are UTC + 0
Re: Secondary Support Powers?
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Minor Support Powers: Yea or Nay?
Yea
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Nay
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Germy_Fever
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject:  Re: Secondary Support Powers? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would love to see variants of the secondary support powers we got in original Tib Sun and Firestorm. One of the things I miss most in this mod is the ability to land Drop Pods behind enemy defenses, or Hunter Seekers to weed out pesky units still in hiding after wrecking all other enemy forces. I would love to see secondary support powers come back to Twisted Insurrection. Maybe we could add some new support powers for Nod as well, considering the Cluster Missile and Chem Missile have been combined into the Apocalypse Missile.

Some suggestions I would like to make are:

GDI
>Airborne Division: Lands several veteran units anywhere, but with an Orca Carryall instead of drop pods. I'm assuming in this timeline, the Philadelphia was never built.
>Satellite Scan: Reveal anything with a scan from what's left of GDI's orbital network.

Brotherhood of Nod
>Cloaking Field: Gives all units in a small radius cloaking/invisibility, but can still be detected like normal cloaking ability
>Tiberium Bomb: Somewhat like the Chemical Missile mixed with the Hunter-Seeker. Something similar to the Tib Waste Facility uses a unique harvester similar to the Weed Eater from Tiberian Sun, this harvester will gather from Tiberium Veinholes and return to it's processing facility, fueling this support power. However, activating this support power will instead mod the collector vehicle in station to be a suicide vehicle that explodes into Tiberium, and can be destroyed, like the Demolition Truck from Red Alert 2. These unique harvesters can be re-trained, but will require to be trained from the Waste Facility and will spawn there, like the Cyborgs in the Hall of Faith.

So those are my thoughts. What do you think?

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As much as I would like to see more support powers, I don't think they will happen. TI is somewhat contained by engine limitations on this one. I could be wrong though, there's clearly been some work on the engine to get it to where it is now.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

many things are not possible due to engine limitations
-reinforcements via dropship/orca are not possible. droppods are a hardcoded effect of a single droppod (a simple image with 2 facings only) with a single infantry as passenger already selectable inside.

-radar scan: not possible. the only other way (which TI had long ago) is using hunterseeker logic for some random area reveal, which unfortunately reveals for all players only (not possible to reveal for the SW firing player only)

-cloaking field: only possible via buildings like stealth gen. not possible as some given permanent ability like cloaking crates

-tiberium bomb: interesting concept but not possible. Veins are not extra explosive when stored in a vehicle (unlike tiberium). Default explosions effect only max a 3x3 cell area. For bigger area effect explosions modding tricks need to be done to the units explosion animation, but there is no way to give a loaded vehicle a different explosion than an empty vehicle.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Germy_Fever
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Lin Kuei Ominae

Well, that answers that question. I know how another C&C classic mod, Mental Omega, is able to tweak support powers to an almost Generals-level extent, but RA2 and YR probably have a different engine; there are four tabs in RA2: Structures, Defenses & Support Powers, Infantry, and Vehicles/Aircraft. Tiberian Sun's engine has only two tabs: Structures, and Units & Support. So it's good to know the reason as to why it won't happen, if nothing else.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mental Omega uses Ares, which greatly extends RA2/YR engine's capabilities. Unfortunatelly there's no equivalent to the TS engine. However, we have already included some hacks into the game which allow neat new features such as viewing health bars and displaying veteran/elite icons without selecting units and buildings.

LKO wrote:
-reinforcements via dropship/orca are not possible. droppods are a hardcoded effect of a single droppod (a simple image with 2 facings only) with a single infantry as passenger already selectable inside.

I believe it allows for 4 facings since Firestorm (at least there are four entries in the DropPod= flag), but Westwood was just lazy and used 2 graphics #Tongue

redfox34
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GloboTech could use a superweapon since it's currently lacking one.  I think the Chemical Missile is still unused in TI.  Maybe repurpose that into a regular cruise missile or something similar?  GloboTech having a capturable Missile Silo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum