Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[ARES] Sidebar Problem
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EliteGoatBoy
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:  [ARES] Sidebar Problem
Subject description: Adding new Side and Country causes Sidebar Graphical Problem
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been around here for a year and I haven't made any posts prior to this, but I guess there has to be a first time for everything so here goes.

I've decided to make France into its own side by creating a new side and making France into the sole country into that side. And I have to say the operation was successful. The game starts normally, every side related bit of code works fine. However one issue arises.

As you can see, the pause menu's graphics somehow overlap with the actual sidebar. The Tech, Combat, Infantry, Vehicle buttons seem to be off, the power grid is panned to the left more than it should, and the repair and sell icons collide with each other.

Do note that is purely graphical and in no way a problem from a functionality perspective. The buttons and display work as they do, it's just ugly.

I've searched the forums and it seems no one had this problem. Here is all of the side related code, hoping a second pair of eyes could catch a problem.

Code:

// Country and Side Code

[FrenchSide]
UIName=Name:French
Name=FrenchSide
Suffix=Allied
Prefix=G
Color=Gold
MultiplayPassive=true
Side=FrenchSide
SmartAI=yes
Crew=FMG
Engineer=FENG
DefaultDisguise=FMG
SurvivorDivisor=100
Sidebar.MixFileIndex=1
Sidebar.YuriFileNames=no
AI.BaseDefenses=FTUR,FSAM,GTGCAN,FSEN,FWAL
AI.BaseDefenseCounts=32
ParaDrop.Types=FMG,FRKS,FGRE
ParaDrop.Num=6,2,2
ParaDrop.Aircraft=FPLANE
Parachute.Anim=PARACH
ToolTipColor=255,0,0
MessageTextColor=DarkBlue
LoadingTheme=JANK
EVA.Tag=Allied
CampaignScore.UnderParTheme=SCORE
CampaignScore.OverParTheme=SCORE
MultiplayerScore.WinTheme=SCORE
MultiplayerScore.LoseTheme=SCORE

[French]
UIName=Name:French
Name=France
Suffix=Allied
Prefix=G
Color=Gold
Multiplay=yes
Side=FrenchSide
SmartAI=yes
BuildTimeDefensesMult=.75
AI.PowerPlants=FPOW
MenuText.Status=LOADBRIEFSHORT:FRENCH
ListIndex=5
RandomSelectionWeight=1
File.Flag=FRAI.PCX
File.ObserverBackground=obs_alli.pcx
File.ObserverFlag=FRAI.PCX
File.ObserverFlagAltPalette=yes
File.LoadScreen=LS800FRANCE.shp
File.LoadScreenPAL=MPLSF.PAL
LoadScreenText.Name=Name:French
LoadScreenText.SpecialName=Name:FCAN
LoadScreenText.Brief=LOADBRIEF:FRENCH
LoadScreenText.Color=AlliedLoad
LoadingTheme=JANK
File.Taunt=Taunts/taufr%02i.wav

// Side Section

; ******* Side Type List *******
; The combantants can be grouped according to side. This
; lists the sides and their respective member houses.
[Sides]
;GDI=GDI
;Nod=Nod

GDI=British,Germans,Americans,Alliance     ;keep this order as GDI first and Nod second
Nod=Russians,Africans,Confederation,Arabs      ;and you have to keep the names unless we want to do a concerted all ini and hard coded string sweep (I kinda do, Dustin, so go ahead and tell Henry we need it.)
ThirdSide=YuriCountry
FrenchSide=French

Civilian=Neutral
Mutant=Special

// Country List

[Countries]
0=Americans ; Starts at zero because dialog returns 0 for first listing regardless of name
1=Alliance
2=French
3=Germans
4=British

5=Africans
6=Arabs
7=Confederation
8=Russians

9=YuriCountry

10=GDI
11=Nod
12=Neutral
13=Special

Thanks to anyone reading this.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This graphic glitch may not be related to rules code at all. You could try cleanup of
virtual memory (pagefile) and then reboot. Could try different resolution on next
launch.

If DPI scaling is enabled, could set it to 100% and try.

Have you changed graphics drivers?

EliteGoatBoy
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm afraid I've tried all of these. Different resolution, reboot after memory clear, DPI scaling, nothing changed.

Do note that this only occurs when I play as France, the Country which side I switched. All of the other untouched countries do not have this glitch.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you sure you didn't mess around with the SHP files?
Someone else had a similar problem and it turned out the sidebar buttons were nudged to the side a bit.
Then again I never added a side but still...

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
EliteGoatBoy
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

None of the sidebar SHP files have been touched. But the problem does sound similar.

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's simple
This is because new Sidebars in Ares still use the Soviet layout, you need to edit the Sidebar to match it.

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

EliteGoatBoy
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well then, that actually worked. Kind of wish that was mentioned in the documentation. It would be nice if we were given a choice as to which layout we could use.
So I have no choice but to use a custom sidebar that uses the Soviet layout as a base.

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

EliteGoatBoy
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Man, appreciate it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon