Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 am
All times are UTC + 0
Kaboooooooom
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
dukejohn2000
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject:  Kaboooooooom
Subject description: Error Message
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm using a 32-Bit Windows Vista Home Edition, and I got this error that said d3d11.dll was missing, so I downloaded it and put it in the installation folder, then tried to relaunch it, and got another error message that said "An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)" It works fine on my Windows 7,8 and 10. is Vista Not supported?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, looks to me like you don't have directX11 installed on your vista PC.
Downloading only one DLL component is probably not enough.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

dukejohn2000
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I feel like such an idiot. I never even gave it a thought, I'll install it and let you know if it works.
It's gonna be a while though, because I also have to update windows to Service Pack 2.

dukejohn2000
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Still Errors Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks A bunch, It crashed again after installing DirectX 11, but I just had to deleted the old Twisted Insurrection folder, and Extract a new one, and It runs without a problem, with the exception that after hosting a lan game, it said "startIndex cannot be less than Zero". but it only happened once, now it works beautifully, quite slow on my PC though (but no fault of the games of course). however is there a way to lower the resolution? it seems the only option I have is 1280 x 800. and it will not go any lower.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The client should offer smaller resolutions.
Smallest is 800x600.
I might be wrong (Rampastring would know better) but i think it reads the possible resolutions that your monitor supports as well.
Can your monitor show smaller resolutions?

If the game runs slow, try a different renderer (Client->Options->Renderer).
Some renderer work better than others, as they depend on the PC, so you have to check them out one by one and find the one that works best for you.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

dukejohn2000
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Yes it does Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The monitor does support lower resolutions as low as 800 x 600 and as high as 1280 x 800 (I can change the resolution by editing the SUN.INI file, however it made very little difference in terms of speed.) changing the render to TS-DDRAW (I think that's how it was spelled) only gave me a white screen upon entering the game, and none of the other ones made any difference. I fear it may be hopeless, also it only has a 1.8 GHz processor. maybe that is simply not enough to handle the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum