Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am
All times are UTC + 0
researching isMobileEMP
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:  researching isMobileEMP Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so for a long time now ive been obsessing over this logic like a schoolboy, i really hate the unit mobile emp, but absolutly adore the logic it uses, its essentialy the ra2 deployer weapon logic, but its hardcored.

how does the game hardcore isMobileEMP, is it based on actions?, deploytofire? or is the the deployer logic primararily hardcoded to  mouse clicks and in particular the deploy mouse art.

also the fundamental issue is the isMobileEMP weapon itself can not be changed
what the hell causes this flaw and how can one edit it, in idealistic tiberium sun this should of be expanded on. the deployer logic could be referenced to a new tag (something like how VK in ETS got tertiary weapons working)
alternatively could it be patched in a similar manner to how droppods were recently hacked/.

ive been pouring though the HEX exe code (and have found only one single hex object reference to the tag) and have recently reverted to ETS to explore the code hidden in there. how did he make new tags like fighter=yes and the aforementioned tertiary weapon systems. because that same method could be adapted to expand isMobileEMP= to something more robust IsDeployerWeapon= which then references a weapon tag instead of the hardcoded vanilla mobile emp weapon which is just an animation).

no doubt this isnt an easy task but i seek a little direction to aid me in my research and experimentation.

i cant find any references to the actual hardcoded weapon the isMobileEMp tag uses, is it even possible to edit this value via hex edit or is patching it not even possible to achieve this goal.*im not happy with changing the animation the emp uses to a damaging one* trying to understand the way the .exe has control and references to this inparticular.

so far the only workaround to deployer weapon logic is the annoying overlay self destructing unit creating a free unit

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When a unit with IsMobileEMP=yes gets a deploy command (mouse, keyboard shortcut), it fires the weapon with the hardcoded name
MobileEMPulseWeapon

Since the weapon has no target specified, the projectile will in most cases explode immediately (at the units location) and create an explosion like any other ordinary weapon via the specified Warhead on MobileEMPulseWeapon.

When using for example a 2nd stage Cluster logic projectile with a low RetargetAccuracy on MobileEMPulseWeapon, it will launch the 2nd stage projectiles in random directions all around the unit.

malius123 wrote:
hardcoded vanilla mobile emp weapon which is just an animation).

It's not only an animation, but uses the entire weapon code. The difference is the non-existing target location for the projectile which causes a different weapon behaviour that only looks like just the warhead has been fired.
It's comparable to weapons that use Dropping=yes on the projectile, which explode immediately too.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i always thought it ignored the rule.ini reference to the mobile emp because of this.

the area im interested in

is the possibility of making the hard coded name MobileEMPulseWeapon a variable
to point to a secondary weapon. either through exe hacking or even the elusively term "patching" method using the debugger method.

whether it would work i aint got a clue,

editing the mouse click and keyboard shortcut values of the ismobileEMP=yes to point to the variable instead of the original value would my first bet, unless the hard coded weapon firing process is tied to something else entirely

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon