Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:22 am
All times are UTC + 0
Templates, cameo backgrounds... I need them, please!
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [52 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject:  Templates, cameo backgrounds... I need them, please! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm nearly over with the upgraded cameo generator here, but I need a cameo background to test all of its functionalities... it doesnt matter if it's for RA2 or TS... if you can contribute, please, post here and point me a link for it...

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i remember studying Kravvitz's cameos, his method gives the best results on BS SHP Builder (imo)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyway, I've received some TS cameo templates from SMIFFGIG too.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm.. my initial tests confirms that there is a lot to fix yet, but here's a start of the purpouse of this cameo generator.

Notice before complain:

- I have choosen the wrong background, but I just need a background and Arg's pack only have backgrounds for navy and aircraft Neutral

- Things to fix: Program doesnt seems to be resizing the selected area properly yet, Remappable colours might receive an option for custom colours, so you will be able to change the remapable colours to the colours of your side.

So, the answer for "what has been done?" is simple, I simply opened the chrono leggionarie, selected the frame I wanted to turn into cameo, used the select tool to select the region of the frame that would become cameo and opened the cameo generator tool. Inside the options, I've set the background to a8.pcx (from a cameo background pack made by ArgCmdr available at YR Argentina), set text to "Chrono Legg." and kept all other default options and pressed OK. The result is below. Expect it to be much better in few days.

chronotest 0000.jpg
 Description:
I cant do miracles, but things may get easier...
 Filesize:  4.46 KB
 Viewed:  14667 Time(s)

chronotest 0000.jpg

chronotesticon.shp
 Description:
if you wanna download this crap, go ahead :P

Download
 Filename:  chronotesticon.shp
 Filesize:  2.84 KB
 Downloaded:  245 Time(s)

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are some more RA2/YR cameo backgrounds.

iman-cambak-grnds.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  iman-cambak-grnds.zip
 Filesize:  69.76 KB
 Downloaded:  254 Time(s)

backgroundcameos.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  backgroundcameos.zip
 Filesize:  142.59 KB
 Downloaded:  220 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
NW4ever
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee! Can't you make it 100% of the real size?

BTW! Do you want overlays? To have different cameo styles...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem is u can never made a great program that will make an entire cameo, unless u have the worlds most complicated setup for it. (which accounds for every varible), the other option(imo) is to make it so it doesn't resize the selected area, and it make it centered on the cameo, which is proberly the best a prog could do.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The problem is u can never made a great program that will make an entire cameo, unless u have the worlds most complicated setup for it. (which accounds for every varible), the other option(imo) is to make it so it doesn't resize the selected area, and it make it centered on the cameo, which is proberly the best a prog could do.

But you can make a program that, with a little help from human skills, makes the whole job easier. Shake it (attachment) baby!

chronotest2 0000.jpg
 Description:
much better now!
 Filesize:  5.23 KB
 Viewed:  14652 Time(s)

chronotest2 0000.jpg

chronotesticon2.shp
 Description:
a nice cameo for chrono leggionarie (even if the background is wrong :P)

Download
 Filename:  chronotesticon2.shp
 Downloaded:  202 Time(s)

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is the black the shadow? (not all would look good with the shadow)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, it has a shadow, but I wasnt the one who added that O.o...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i know, all ra2 shp's have the shadows in the same frame as the real thing rather than the shadow frame (except on a few ones, like the cow if im correct)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm.. So, I'll need to put a line to cut the #1 O.o...

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why bother? Resizing a frame from an infantry unit is going to look pixelated anyway, so even without the shadow, you are never going to get very good cameos, unless you start making your infantry units larger than normal or something.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, sorry for the double posting (once again), but here's an important note for anyone who wanna try to emulate remapables. Here's the formula (r,g,b \ 0 < = r ^g ^ b < = 63)

#16 : 63 0 0
#17 : 59 0 0
#18 : 55 0 0
#19 : 52 0 0
#20 : 48 0 0
#21 : 44 0 0
#22 : 41 0 0
#23 : 37 0 0
#24 : 33 0 0
#25 : 30 0 0
#26 : 26 0 0
#27 : 22 0 0
#28 : 19 0 0
#29 : 15 0 0
#30 : 11 0 0
#31 : 08 0 0

So, it drops 4 for each colour, except that in a sequence of 3 colours, it drops 3.

So, what's the usage of this? Let's try an yellow:

Yellow formula in R,G,B is (100%,100%,50%).

Applying into the formula above, it is:

#16 : 63 63 31
#17 : 59 59 29
#18 : 55 55 27
#19 : 52 52 26
#20 : 48 48 24
#21 : 44 44 22
#22 : 41 41 20
#23 : 37 37 18
#24 : 33 33 16
#25 : 30 30 15
#26 : 26 26 13
#27 : 22 22 11
#28 : 19 19 09
#29 : 15 15 07
#30 : 11 11 05
#31 : 08 08 04

Other colours may follow:

Purple: (50%,0%,50%)
Orange: (100%,50%,0%)
Dark Blue (0%,0%,100%)
Sky Blue (0%,100%,100%)
Green (0%, 100%, 0%)
Pink (100%,50%,100%)

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

err, wtf u on about?(my maths is a tad rusty, red to the power of green to the power of blue is between 0 and 63 ???) and the colours i gave u wern't 100% accurate btw, TS/RA2 don't give an exact colour since the colours are determined by the lumanence factor which is the lighting in the game, so u can't get the precise colours.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't worry, I see if that colours works well on a extended combo box, but I will use my system above for conversion of remappable colours.

I used 0 to 63, because I tried to get the more acurate I could and apparently XCC commits mistakes on its conversion, so XCC values are not entirelly acurate, but they are so much close to the correct values that human eyes doesnt notice.

NW4ever
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a template! The RED color is the overlay and the BLUE color is the transparent color. Just open the .zip and you'll see Surprised ...

nw.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.35 KB
 Viewed:  14621 Time(s)

nw.JPG

nw.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nw.zip
 Filesize:  6.21 KB
 Downloaded:  208 Time(s)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

font colour and text bar effects are entirelly wrong. I mean, you can use it but you'd need to reconvert all Westwood cameos...

NW4ever
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you make your BS SHP Builder have a "template" support? I mean I want to use those buttons for my mod.

I don't really know what "template" means.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You cant customize the text type of the cameo. Only the background. But you can make the Cameo Generator from BS SHP Builder not write any text and you'll need to make the text on your own....

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

techncialy u could make a script system so custom button effects could b made.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

right... and BS SHP Builder 3 gets released in december 2005 Wink...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

u can make a simple ini based one.

I.E

Code:
[Main]
Num=2

[1]
x=1
y=1
x2=1
y2=6
type=darken

[2]
x=1
y=1
x2=6
y2=1
type=lighten

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can do that whenever you want...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don't want to do it, it was a suggestion of how to make the tool flexable.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DO IT DO IT DO IT

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

then, this suggestion might go to the waiting list for 5.0...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its funny, u jump to make the mci stuff(which took weeks to make), yet u say this SMALL suggestion which shouldn't take long at all(3 hours max id guess), will never b done.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if it takes 3 hours, make it yourself... I am already overloaded... One of the reasons I made the MDI because I was extremely annoyed with huge size of Form Main.

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is so much you could add to the cameo generator for better customization that i wouldn't even know where to start #Tongue Don't stress bansh.

"Ideas for the cameo thing in the future"
-Selectable text color
-Selectable shading color (for the darkening at the bottom)
-Template uploading
-Button depth

ok so i said there would be alot of things but now i can't think of any #Tongue haha oh well

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
then, this suggestion might go to the waiting list for 5.0...

You'd better mean 3.0 Mad

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I mean 5.0 unless stu does it...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
if it takes 3 hours, make it yourself... I am already overloaded... One of the reasons I made the MDI because I was extremely annoyed with huge size of Form Main.

MDI doesn't have anything to do with the size of FrmMain, it was large cos alot was shoved into it, but that doesn't have anything to dow ith MCI, all mci does is make things a bit more complex and make it so u can have multipule editing views, it doesn't solve size problems. Size problems are solved by re making the program or part of it.

Note: the mci should have added about 200kb to the exe's size, since all forms add about 100kb.(making the size of the program bigger....... not smaller)

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
I mean 5.0 unless stu does it...

GETTING OUT OF CONTROL #Mad
#Mad #Mad #Mad

plase try it for 3.0

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stu and his unresearch pile of (!!!) O.o... Form Main's size now has dropped to about 9kb, because theFrmSHPImage (the editing form) tooks some of the functions related to Image1, SHP_Data_Matrix took some of the functions to generate new shp files and new windows and BS_SHP_Tools.pas took the functions related to create rectangles, elipses, darken lighten, etc... And I wasnt talking about the exe size which might have increased now, but not as much as you think...

As for you, MyTrust, I am sorry, but if I add that in 3.0, I will not release it in the next weeks... I also wish I could add some other features... i.e.: Find and Replace... when I was making some infantry with the beta of the program, pal pack allowed me to recolour the whole thing in seconds, but I didnt want to just recolour it.. there were somethings in the shp that I wanted to change... so, I had to edit every single frame and most of the things I was editing in these frames were the same damn thing... if I had a Find Replace option that could search these repeated parts and replace them with what I want, I would reduce my job from 300 frames to about 50 frames... it would be the glory, got it?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

u said the mci reduced the size, it didn't u moved things form FrmMain. That was my point. and as i said b4, ini thing isn't hard. And why do u have to have every single feature made b4 the beta? Its actualy a good idea to keep the beta team updated asap, rather than 5 year gaps.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
it didn't u moved things form FrmMain.

- this is an entirelly wrong statement. A lot of SHP related variables, the image1 and all related to it, the variables related to the SHP and related functions and some extra things left the Form Main. Read the [Dev Info] BS SHP Builder: MDI Engine topic before posting atrocities like this...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. I know enough to know how the program works(since i made the first one i know how it was made, and roughly how u would have to change the program)
2. Why would i waste time reading info on the mci system when
A) BS SHP Builder needs a compleat rebuild(so it would b cleaner, faster, and use less resources)
B) I don't work on the project
3. You may have made new procedures and functions but it will still do the same stuff as the old things did, u just moved the code around, gave it a new name, modifyed it a bit. So the MCI wasn't a "saver of space", it would increase the overall code.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Form Main's size now has dropped to about 9kb

The purpouse wasnt so save space of the program... it was to split Form Main into sections to get Form Main smaller. Mission acomplished!

Quote:
2. Why would i waste time reading info on the mci system when
A) BS SHP Builder needs a compleat rebuild(so it would b cleaner, faster, and use less resources)
B) I don't work on the project

- You should read it to wipe all the stupid myths you placed in your mind about it before speaking more gibberish...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
You should read it to wipe all the stupid myths you placed in your mind about it before speaking more gibberish...

I know for a fact BS SHP Builder needs a rebuild, or should i say should have a compleate planned rebuild so the program can be more optamised.

And since i don't work on the project there is truly no point in reading it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

then, dont complain about something you doesnt know....

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ALRIGHT! YOUR BICKERING ENDS NOW....

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Ok, latest cameo test... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This time instead of Blade's mode, I used Kravvitz... and also, I used Full Difference as CCM instead of Stu's first crap one (no offense, stu :p).

The result was really good Smile. This is probably the final version of cameo generator for BS SHP Builder 3.0... comments, please (ps: I know, background is crap Embarassed).

chronotest4 0000.jpg
 Description:
it's from the blue team ;)
 Filesize:  5.42 KB
 Viewed:  14531 Time(s)

chronotest4 0000.jpg

chronotesticon4.shp
 Description:
in case you wanna test it in game...

Download
 Filename:  chronotesticon4.shp
 Downloaded:  224 Time(s)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm... not the latest version... TS cameos are not entirely good. For some weird reason, background paints until it reachs 60 pixels of width (instead of 64) and same for unit itself... and there is a shadow that still annoys...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

u do know that the chrono unit is from RA2 and TS ones don't have shadows.(on the owner frame)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but I did something that would technically cut its shadows... Here's a piece of the code:

Code:
   SetLength(FrameImage,(maxx-minx)+1,(maxy-miny)+1);
   if IsUnitXPalette(OldData^.SHPPaletteFilename) then
      GeneratePaletteCache(OldData^.SHPPalette,NewData^.SHPPalette,Cache,FrmMain.alg,SideCombo.ItemIndex)
   else
      GeneratePaletteCache(OldData^.SHPPalette,NewData^.SHPPalette,Cache,FrmMain.alg);
   if CutShadow.Checked then
      Cache[1] := 0;
   for x := 0 to (maxx - minx) do
      for y := 0 to (maxy - miny) do
         FrameImage[x,y] := Cache[OldData^.SHP.Data[Frame].FrameImage[x + minx,y + miny]];

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... RA2 pictures uses colour #12 for shadows...interesting.. uh? So, I will have to fix the "if CutShadow.Checked then" part...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they can be any colour technicaly (since the owner frame can have any colour)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, but I'm following Westwood standards...

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum