Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Twin Cannon Reduced bit rate version
Moderators: Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Radaral
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject:  Twin Cannon Reduced bit rate version
Subject description: 18 bit remaster!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here we go the complete version. I chiptuned it and reduced the file size down to the 6 kps ranges.

Last edited by Radaral on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why on earth would you do something so disgusting...

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uhh, I don't get it. Since when is bad compression "a thing"? Might as well just go to the PS1 version for that. I was expecting a nice chiptune version or something...

Radaral
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm confused doesn't it sound like almost the same as the default RA one? The idea was for it to sound like almost the same except have a smaller file size? I think I'm being told it sounds kinda bad quality and it needs some slight chiptune harmonics flavoring it just slightly to make it complete and usable?

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What's the point of going for lower bitrate when there's hardly any benefit in doing so? It's not like people should be having trouble with data storage space these days and I doubt OpenRA has any problems handling bigger wave files either.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Radaral wrote:
I'm confused doesn't it sound like almost the same as the default RA one?
Except the god awful compression that results in garbled noise, very audible around the hats and crashes.

What are you trying to achieve here? I don't know why a lower bitrate version would be necessary, and certainly not made by anyone else. If someone just wants to compress an audio file, they can do it. I assumed you were remixing it or something I assumed you meant you'd done like an 8-bit style chiptune version of the track, but it's just compressed so I don't get what the point is.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
and I doubt OpenRA has any problems handling bigger wave files either.

In terms of performance, uncompressed WAV files are currently vastly superior to AUD/IMA in OpenRA, because OpenRA doesn't support streaming yet and decoding the latter (especially when 44khz and/or stereo) grinds the game to a halt for a moment.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe - although I haven't tested it - that loading the complete file is the reason of the spike and not decompressing it, but I haven't started working on my Opus parser to confirm it.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Radaral
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes the idea is to have the file size smaller. Not only do smaller file sizes take up less space but they also download much quicker as well. Apparently some people it does matter with. Daz won't touch themes for his it came from red alert mod as he feels they take up too much space. Also I have since upgraded the quality of this remaster mix and patched it with some slight chiptune frequences to negate the grainyness and messed up hates and crashes others noted. though it did have some chiptuned frequences to begin with but very little. Now you hear it slightly in there but not as much so as say a game boy advance. Apparently this website can only support Zip uploads. Boy why should one have to put a single wav inside a zip? well I guess I'll do that and upload and place it at the top or something since it is easy however pointless.

Radaral
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well no matter what I do it keeps taking like an hour with my poor specs here to go through then it crashes and leaves me with no post mode speclified. I'll just upload the current version to youtube And put it on there for now until I fix my main pc.

Radaral
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay I have since completed it. Reading into what people also said why not make OpenRA use mp3 since 16 wav and aud tend to do more bad then good and since 32 wav is massive?
also you will have to use a youtube to mp3 or wav website to download it to desktop from here as my current specs do not like this website. but as far as I hear it is complete.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum