Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
gif needs longer frame delay generating 360
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:  gif needs longer frame delay generating 360 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seeeeems like HVA Builder works perfectly as far as timing, Voxel Viewer has the flashing glitch but the timing is fine, it's only VXLSE that doesn't seem to scale the delay for a correct rotation speed.

You can see the oil tanker voxel I posted, I chose 20 or 24 frames like I normally do in HVA Builder, but it's 4x faster...

So maybe add a second control to the dialog asking how long 1 full rotation will take, and have the code extrapolate the delay from that? Default can be 3sec.

I'd also recommend lowering the default frame count to 30, that should help shrink those 1.5mb+ gifs everyone uploads....

matador_vxlse.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  261.84 KB
 Viewed:  3770 Time(s)

matador_vxlse.gif

matador_hvab.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  219.99 KB
 Viewed:  3770 Time(s)

matador_hvab.gif

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So i should make it 20 or 24 frames to speed up rotation, gonna make it for the mcv i made!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is not a glitch. It is just a default value that doesn't please you.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: Latest revision allows you to change the frame delay for custom 360 animated GIFs.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you...

Well as for glitch, my thinking was that you were trying to harmonize all the tools to use the same code/methods, and in this case VXLSE is the odd man out, ie. unpredictable. Now it may be the superior one Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep. For those wondering how to add the same delay from OS HVA Builder and OS: Voxel Viewer, the value is 1000, which stands for (900 * 10) / NumFrames, where the default NumFrames is 90.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum