Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
HUGE Cyber Attack
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:  HUGE Cyber Attack Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you are a windows 7 user you maybe must worry alot than who patched already.

Prodigal Providence
Medic

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now, now. No need to worry.

If you would exercise great caution when going to the Net everything will be fine.

Or just don't accept suspicious emails at all. Especially from your friends that got their account hacked or should I say, friends that don't act like themselves.

A lover of large tank battles. Nothing satisfies me better than many tanks brawlin'.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you just update Windows, you have no need to worry. In fact, this is the least profitable cryptoware attack that's been this widespread. Most of them grab 7 plus figures. This one will barely hit six.

It's easy to avoid: don't be a brainless gob.

Steam

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
If you just update Windows, you have no need to worry. In fact, this is the least profitable cryptoware attack that's been this widespread. Most of them grab 7 plus figures. This one will barely hit six.

It's easy to avoid: don't be a brainless gob.

I backed up my secret artworks and GAO's hi tech divison schematics related datas, except video games because i can get them back.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is kinda old. Honestly, you have to be pretty silly to even get your pc infected, nevermind to fall for ransomware. Get yourself a Hiren's bootdisk and chill.

Case in point: I haven't had trouble with a single virus on Windows XP in years.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never surf risky sites and using public wifi on my notebook.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I use my Redmi 2 to surf the internet, and post here in PPM...

My modem broke quite a few years back, and I'm W7, so I don't need to worry...

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't: (for your safety)
- use internet explorer
- outdated patches for windows 7 or early
- any medium or light anti malware
- connect to the internet until it is gone

I recommend:
- disable internet connection on PC only
- use IOBit's malware fighter and ASC at least version 10, malware fighter pro holds bitdefender that takes down several ransomwares like wannacry ransomware, bitdefender could also delete threats from softonic applications, they are not trusted.

Trust me on this to work, i am on android phone since i joined.

SteamsDev
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Especially for Win7, Microsoft Security Essentials (now Windows Defender on Win8 and Win10) is very good when it comes to finding viruses and malware. Just recently it caught a piece of malware sneaking into my laptop and quarantined it on the spot. It may have been WannaCryptor, but I'm not sure.
Still, though, get antimalware if you can. Malwarebytes and Spyhunter are two of the best antimalwares to get, and they're both free to download (just don't try to get them both. One of them's going to kick the other out, guaranteed).

Official scripting leader of BR Studios
Check out our ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/company/progen-group
Yuri's Revenge: CnCD2K: http://www.moddb.com/mods/red-alert-2-yuris-revenge-cncd2k-mod

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SteamsDev wrote:
Especially for Win7, Microsoft Security Essentials (now Windows Defender on Win8 and Win10) is very good when it comes to finding viruses and malware. Just recently it caught a piece of malware sneaking into my laptop and quarantined it on the spot. It may have been WannaCryptor, but I'm not sure.
Still, though, get antimalware if you can. Malwarebytes and Spyhunter are two of the best antimalwares to get, and they're both free to download (just don't try to get them both. One of them's going to kick the other out, guaranteed).

IOBit's Malware Fighter is also extremely excellent, unlike SuperAntiSpyware, SuperAntiSpyware detects all unsure-trust files, even if they are really trusted, like Trojan.Generic.GameCheat files, they are not threats but friendly trojan horses, IOBit Malware Fighter although its Pro version is not free, it could take down several threats we all know well like EternalBlue and WannaCry, even Red Installer XYZ (i had that adware before from ultimate downloader), also some harmful cookies like Rubiconproject cookies (i had those harmful cookies 1 weeks ago).

Spoiler (click here to read it):
SteamsDev do you know me? i am the one who messaged you in Mod DB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon