Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Trying to replicate Generals' A10 Airstrike/MOAB.
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject:  Trying to replicate Generals' A10 Airstrike/MOAB. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In other words, sending an aircraft to deliver an swift attack instead of paradrop. I'm using SpyPlane super weapon but it seems it's not possible or maybe I dunno I might be just a newbie.

Code:

[AirstrikeSpecial]
UIName=Name:Airstrike
Name=Airstrike
SidebarImage=ParaIcon
FlashSidebarTabFrames=0
IsPowered=false
RechargeVoice=
ChargingVoice=
ImpatientVoice=
SuspendVoice=
RechargeTime=.1;10
Type=SpyPlane
Action=SpyPlane
ShowTimer=yes
DisableableFromShell=no
EVA.Ready=none
EVA.Detected=EVA_EnemyAirArmadaDetected
SW.FireIntoShroud=yes
SW.AITargeting=Offensive
SW.Sound=RaptorAttackCommand
SW.AffectsHouse=enemies
SW.RequiresTarget=land,water
SpyPlane.Type=RAPTOR
SpyPlane.Count=1
SpyPlane.Mission=Approach

So, is replicating General's A10 Airstrike/MOAB impossible or not?

It might be possible to at least replicate MOAB by using Paradrop super weapon but my problem is the speed of its falling bomb(Fall rate?) and the parachute of course. It seems Ares doesn't have any individual flags for fall rate and parachute on a specific Paradrop super weapon, I think.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is kind of possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKVALt8yZGw&feature=youtu.be&t=3m1s
I think there was a tutorial in the forums about this. It was something with action that had to be set to attack or something. It has been a long time, I don't remember.

It also depends on the weapon, I think. It must be like the Banshee/Orca Bomber/Hornet strafing run.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

chr0nicz420 wrote:
It might be possible to at least replicate MOAB by using Paradrop super weapon but my problem is the speed of its falling bomb(Fall rate?) and the parachute of course. It seems Ares doesn't have any individual flags for fall rate and parachute on a specific Paradrop super weapon, I think.

Show the weapon code. What you have shown is a superweapon code which just sends a RAPTOR unit.
But that doesn't show the code of the RAPTOR unit nor the actual weapon that this unit fires.

chr0nicz420 wrote:
sending an aircraft to deliver an swift attack instead of paradrop

What exactly do you want to do? Have the bomb fly slower or faster?
Have more or less bombs?
Have 1 or multiple attack runs?
What is a swift attack in your definition and what's it's difference to a paradrop attack?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Without any knowledge of anything attached to the [RAPTOR] I'd say MOAB projectile should look like:

[MOABProjectile]
VeryHigh=yes
Arcing=yes
Acceleration=-10 (you'd have to play with this number a bit)
CourseLockDuration=60
DetonationAltitude=128 (half of a cell should look about the same)

[RAPTOR]
FlyBy=yes ; this is necessary.

A10 airstrike is more of a Gatling system weapon in which there's plenty of examples as it was a fad for awhile in these forums. I believe Kenosis had made a A10 dipping arc here somewhere.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:
It is kind of possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKVALt8yZGw&feature=youtu.be&t=3m1s
I think there was a tutorial in the forums about this. It was something with action that had to be set to attack or something. It has been a long time, I don't remember.

It also depends on the weapon, I think. It must be like the Banshee/Orca Bomber/Hornet strafing run.

Tried the attack one too but my aircraft just passed by on the enemy base.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
chr0nicz420 wrote:

Show the weapon code. What you have shown is a superweapon code which just sends a RAPTOR unit.
But that doesn't show the code of the RAPTOR unit nor the actual weapon that this unit fires.

chr0nicz420 wrote:
sending an aircraft to deliver an swift attack instead of paradrop

What exactly do you want to do? Have the bomb fly slower or faster?
Have more or less bombs?
Have 1 or multiple attack runs?
What is a swift attack in your definition and what's it's difference to a paradrop attack?

What I meant is instead of sending a paradrop in which that paradrop slowly falls down(And with a parachute), it should be throwing its weapon.

Anyway, here's my code for the aircraft and its weapon, though it's no different to the Harrier since I'm just testing it out if I'll be able to do it:

Code:

[RAPTOR]
UIName=Name:RAPTOR
Name=Raptor
Prerequisite=RADAR
Primary=RaptorShot
CanPassiveAquire=no ; Won't try to pick up own targets
CanRetaliate=no; Won't fire back when hit
Strength=500
Category=AirPower
Armor=light
TechLevel=35
Sight=8
RadarInvisible=no
Landable=yes
MoveToShroud=yes
;Dock=GAAIRC,GAHPAD,NAHPAD
;Dock=GAAIRC,AMRADR,NAPAD,YAPAD,AMRADR2,GAAIRCB
PipScale=Ammo
Speed=18
;PitchSpeed=0.9
;PitchAngle=0
PitchSpeed=1.5
PitchAngle=0
OmniFire=yes
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Japan
ForbiddenHouses=Alliance,Americans,French,British,Japan,Germans
Cost=750
Points=30
ROT=3
Ammo=1
Crewed=no
ConsideredAircraft=yes
;AirportBound=yes ; If I ever need to land and there are no airports I crash because I can only land on them
GuardRange=30
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
MaxDebris=3
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
VoiceSelect=
VoiceMove=
VoiceAttack=
VoiceCrashing=
DieSound=
MoveSound=MigMoveLoop
CrashingSound=
ImpactLandSound=GenAircraftCrash
Locomotor={4A582746-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=Fly
ThreatPosed=20   ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
AuxSound1=IntruderTakeOff   ;Taking off
AuxSound2=IntruderLanding   ;Landing
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
Fighter=yes
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
ImmuneToPsionics=yes
ElitePrimary=RaptorShot
DontScore=yes
Selectable=no
;Insignificant=yes
Trainable=no
PreventAttackMove=yes

Code:

[RaptorShot]
Damage=300
ROF=10
Range=6
Projectile=AirToGroundMissile2
Speed=70
Warhead=ORCAAPA
Report=MigAttack
Burst=1

4StarGeneral wrote:
Without any knowledge of anything attached to the [RAPTOR] I'd say MOAB projectile should look like:

[MOABProjectile]
VeryHigh=yes
Arcing=yes
Acceleration=-10 (you'd have to play with this number a bit)
CourseLockDuration=60
DetonationAltitude=128 (half of a cell should look about the same)

[RAPTOR]
FlyBy=yes ; this is necessary.

A10 airstrike is more of a Gatling system weapon in which there's plenty of examples as it was a fad for awhile in these forums. I believe Kenosis had made a A10 dipping arc here somewhere.

Okay will give that a try once I got home. Also, RAPTOR is just my dummy aircraft unit for testing purposes.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to use a different SpyPlane.Mission than Approach to get the plane to attack the target position. Attack works.

AFAIK the A-10 system won't work with Gattling because aircraft doesn't support Gattling. I'd moreso think along with having the gun a firing anim with a second stage of it spawning the bombs as debris.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nuke-like explosion, nice.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you mean like a Dive-Attack system? Ask Kenosis about it, he made a code for it once, but was never released into the public, one word of advice though, THE MISSILE IN HIS CODE IS THE AIRCRAFT ITSELF, you have to find a way to make your Aircraft disappear in mid-air and transform to it's missile form that does the Dive-Attack system, then transforms back into it's Aircraft form, easier said than done...

silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@NucleiSplitter: Isn't that how the limbolaunch logic works? You know, the 'dog' attack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon