Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Goodbye CNCNZ
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:  Goodbye CNCNZ Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sonic, the webmaster of CNCNZ, posted this earlier today:

Sonic wrote:
After a lot of thought I’ve decided the time has come for CNCNZ.com to be retired. The Command & Conquer franchise appears to be dead and buried. EA are simply sitting on it, with no news of any plans for the future of the franchise. The bleak C&C future is not the only factor in my decision to close down the site. In past couple months many changes have taken place in my real life. These changes mean I can no longer devote time to keeping the site going. I’ve lost the passion and motivation to continue.

Other factors are the financial costs. We have to pay for hosting. This money comes from my own personal bank account. Living expenses have increased for me in last month or so and that means something has to go.

I have achieved many great things in my 19 years as the webmaster and founder of CNCNZ.com. When I started it all way back in 1997, I never imagined it lasting this long. I take pride that we managed to get to this point. I have made many friends and contacts over the years. Been rewarded with lots free merchandise, received trips to EA in Los Angeles. We have sent staff members to Westwood Studios in Las Vegas, others have been to Germany for C&C related events. Where ever C&C has been, CNCNZ.com has been there along side it.

I will be closing the hosting account in the next couple of days. I don’t know how the long the site will remain online for. So if there is anything you want to save now is the time.

Its been a great run, I’m sad that it is ending. CNCNZ.com is and always will be a part of me. I want to personally thank all the current and past staff members who have contributed over the many years we have been online.

As the saying goes. “All good things… must come to end”.

It has been an honor and privilege to server as webmaster of the this site but now its time to retire. Goodbye to you all. Goodbye to CNCNZ.com.

CNCNZ.com October 1997 – June 2017

RIP CNCNZ 1997-2017 Crying or Very sad

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope Sonic at least let someone else move it to a safe place and keep it running.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PPM should take it. Along with Tiberiumweb, we'll have the makings of a C&C site graveyard #Tongue

In all seriousness though, this is very unfortunate. Us C&C fans are a resilient bunch, still holding out for an orphaned game after all these years.
Or maybe it's because C&C is just that awesome

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

News from Sonic:

Quote:
Hey guys. Firstly thanks for your support. It was difficult for me to write that post. The reality is I can't afford to pay for the hosting any more. I have more bills and rent that must come fist.

With that said. I have read all the replies here and many PMs. I'm very sleepy as I reply to this. So give me chance to sleep on it. Someone else taking over the hosting seems to be the best option if you want the site to live on.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

those are the dorks that got my ip address from cncden and banned me preemptively  implying i ever liked their site. it looked like shit and they paid big bucks for the software to run it. probably one of my least favorite sites. probably read like 10 articles on it and 3 or 4 threads its entire existence. not hating thats just how i saw them over the years. wont be missed. theyre best known for the association with legos C&C lol. cnc-source needs to die next. that thing has been dead for a decade. again not trying to be mean but a lot of these sites didnt DO ANYTHING to be worth hosting. cnc-source needs to shut down too.

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The site has been taken over by an ex-staff member and friend, Zee Hypnotist (if you remember our C&C Legos series, he's the author!).

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Sonic, the founder and lead webmaster of this site, has chosen to step down.  Rather than let the site disappear into the abyss, he has generously allowed me to maintain the website.  What does this mean?

I, Zee Hypnotist, have returned to CNCNZ.com.  Sort of.  I am here mostly in spirit and to ensure that CNCNZ stays alive in one way or another.  Plokite_Wolf and Nmenth will remain as the the admins who actually keep the site running, while I support them in any way I can.

Rest assured, you do not need to worry about archiving everything just yet, we will ensure that CNCNZ remains online, though there may be a temporary period of disruption while we transfer everything to (yet another) server host.

Long live CNCNZ!

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh gawd... PULL THE PLUG. or actually host something of value instead of just making sure its up with its 5 C&C lego videos that is all its known for which were pretty lame. didnt even look like C&C it was lego role play videos which is some weird shiat at best. SERIOUSLY WTF IS THAT SITE EVEN ABOUT. Posting weird articles like frank klepacki picked his nose today... Did you know the tiberian sun sound track exists? heres  some crappy songs from the past. vuuurrrrrr vvuuuuurrrr eeuuu euuuu. hear that... its C&C related? remember C&C? cncz does...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!