Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Completing Catching Up
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2 [63 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just uploaded another build, which is the last big batch of features of this release. This time for real. It would have been a shame to not add a few things to complete what I started, recently and even several months ago.

It should also fix the crashes many of you are experiencing. I forgot that WeaponCount isn't initialized, and thus used it without checking.

There's still an issue with hover units and tunnels, which are not limited to the new tunnels: the original game has the same problem with UnitAbsorb buildings. This problem will thus have to wait for some other time.

I'll now start to write the documentation, which will take a week.

Fixes and Minor Additions
  • Fixed crash introduced in last build
  • Potential fix for the aircraft reloading issue
  • Added warning messages to the debug log for turret problems
  • EMP respects PenetratesBunker=no now (#1412823)
  • 0% warheads vs cloaked objects won't uncloak any longer(#896371)

IFV Mode Names
Note that this is different from the game's original approach which focused on the turret index to deduce what name to show, and which also merged the final tool tip from the passenger type and the transport's name.

[TechnoType]WeaponUINameN= (CSF label)
If set, is used as tool tip for this Gunner=yes unit for weapon N.

Chronoshift-Crushing
These options allow to prevent infantry to destroy tanks by chronoshifting them, and prevent certain units from being crushed at all, even by other tanks. This should help to balance units better.

[General]ChronoInfantryCrush= (boolean, defaults to yes)
If set to no, infantry will die when being chronoshifted onto tanks instead of killing the tanks.

[TechnoType]Chronoshift.Crushable= (boolean, defaults to yes)
If set to no, this unit can no longer be crushed by chronoshifting units onto it.

KillDriver Chance
[Warhead]KillDriver.Chance= (double - percentage, defaults to 100%)
The chance that the driver will be killed. 0% means never, 100% means always. Does not affect maximum health and other checks.

Sonar Pulse Warhead Effect
[Warhead]Sonar.Duration= (integer - frames, defaults to 0) (#896022)
If set to a positive value, defines the number of frames the target unit hit by this warhead will not be able to cloak for.

Disable Weapon Warhead Effect
[Warhead]DisableWeapons.Duration= (integer - frames, defaults to 0)
If positive, the target hit by this warhead will be unable to fire for this amount of frames. It will still be able to target a victim and even passively acquire new target, but it won't fire.

Special logics like death weapons and C4 are not affected.

Unit Flash Warhead Effect
[Warhead]Flash.Duration= (integer - frames, defaults to 0) (#895073)
If positive, the victim hit by this warhead will flash for the specified amount of frames.

KillDriver and CellSpread
KillDriver should now support CellSpread (#896175). Note that this changes the way Kill Driver works. It is now applied after immunity checks for psychic weapons, chaos gas and so on. This is a breaking change.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey AlexB, how about improving hornets from Aircraft Carriers when a hornet/hornets docking while its AC is moving? This is about the thread I made here.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG ANOTHER ONE

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How does DisableWeapons.Duration affect weapon ROF? Unit with weapon ROF=120 just fires and is hit by DisableWeapons.Duration=20 at the same time, so it can fire another shot in 20, 120, or 140 frames?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks all for providing details and crash dumps about the crash when loading. I was on the wrong track at first, but finally I found the reason for that. It was the use of an uninitialized variable in the game which caused random results, working for some, not for others.

Matthias M.: Thanks! It's tedious work, with restricted design choices. With the source code, I would also be much faster.

chr0nicz420: I don't think that will happen, though I would say it wouldn't need another locomotor for that. It might be possible to make the spawned aircraft going down be dragged sideways into the carrier, so they would always land "on" it.

cxtian39: In 120. Reloading is not affected. The unit just cannot fire. It's not an extra delay for everything like ROF with modifiers and so on. It just prevents firing.
Regarding Slave Miners: I would rather prefer a proper solution for type conversion.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rolling Eyes actually i just want more types of slave miners,

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can already do that. You can already sorta scrapping SlaveLiberated Audio. Aside from that you can have multiple Slave/Slave Miners.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
you can already do that. You can already sorta scrapping SlaveLiberated Audio. Aside from that you can have multiple Slave/Slave Miners.

Code:
SlaveMinerShortScan=198;8
SlaveMinerSlaveScan=48;14
SlaveMinerLongScan=48
SlaveMinerScanCorrection=3
SlaveMinerKickFrameDelay=150
Rolling Eyes these tags
I don't really care the sound

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

• Loading screen crash appears to be fixed now.
• Aircraft reloading issue appears to be fixed now (besides that one thing you mentioned in IRC - which I have not been able to reproduce).
• KillDriver cellspread & chance appear to work.
• Objects do not get uncloaked if hit by warhead that deals no or negative damage.
• Sonar.Duration, DisableWeapons.Duration (for most part, see below) and Flash.Duration all work but only if weapon has non-zero Damage. They will also appear to ignore Verses, albeit this only really has effect if combined with CellSpread.
• IsGattling system weapons play their weapon Report while disabled by DisableWeapons.Duration and targeting things.
• ChronoInfantryCrush works.
• Chronoshift.Crushable works albeit is not super consistent when used on buildings, as by default units teleported on buildings result in teleporter being displaced instead of either object getting destroyed or damaged. Setting this to no on building will however make the teleported unit explode like in every other case where it is used. This applies to buildings with Chronoshift.IsVehicle=yes as well.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
IamInnocent
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
KillDriver should now support CellSpread (#896175).

Thank you Alex~ <3

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok did a fast test one these:

-KillDriver Chance - Works as intended - tho a note to custom maps with owners if the specific owner is not there for Killdriver=yes tag is not defined (which is special) the game would crash.

-Sonar Pulse Warhead Effect - Works as intended.

-Disable Weapon Warhead Effect - Works as intended.

-Unit Flash Warhead Effect- Works as intended.

-KillDriver and CellSpread - Works as intended.

-psionicweaponimmune - Works as intended.

-poisonimmune - Works as intended.

-psionicsimmune - Works as intended.

Edit: have not got to what starkku had gotten but I will further test them to confirm what he gotten.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks all for testing! I'll close this thread, and there will be another one soon.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2 [63 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon