Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:53 am
All times are UTC + 0
2D Attempts
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 6 [251 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It doesn't look painted in photoshop, it looks like you used 3d modelizer to do that.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damfoos wrote:
For a second I thought you've made a 3D model Very Happy Nice job!

This thread becomes something more than a simple requests thread, maybe a good tutorial can be made out of all this?
Many ways for making a cameo, and Tomsons' style at cameoing is waaaay more legit than everyone, it's like RA2-styled.

Why you use voxel preview, while 3D modellizer is a voxel preview that give lightings and shadings?

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And here's my take on Speeder Trike. Can't decide which one is more appropriate though.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damfoos wrote:
And here's my take on Speeder Trike. Can't decide which one is more appropriate though.

Oh, come on, Damfoos. That's a nice cameo, rather than mine. Sad

plagicon 0000.png
 Description:
Starflare Cameo Remake
 Filesize:  2.81 KB
 Viewed:  9878 Time(s)

plagicon 0000.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good idea, everyone was using voxel previews for making cameos, now everyone may or will make their own cameos using 3d modelizers from vxlseIII, witch i have the version that comes with 3d modelizer, and i didn't use it all the time :p , one thing is bad on damfoos speeder cameo, he uses gluk's template, while i have the westwood version that is used in most of YR mods.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually I use HVA builder (the last version, it has a visible grid so you can adjust the view angle to match background perspective precisely), I didn't convert any voxels to 3d. Well, 3d view of VXLSE allows to display in better quality, but I don't use it anymore because it still doesn't allow to turn the turret around.

And yeah, my cameos use a mix of Gluk's template and some other common template from PPM.

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
It doesn't look painted in photoshop, it looks like you used 3d modelizer to do that.

:/

point.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  point.zip
 Filesize:  576.74 KB
 Downloaded:  47 Time(s)

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could someone do a new cameo for my finalized Hammer Tank?

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My own style, might be not visible from the rocket launch but posing and background quality is good, i have the textless version too.

itnkicon.png
 Description:
Imperion Heavy Tank cameo.
 Filesize:  7.36 KB
 Viewed:  9798 Time(s)

itnkicon.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My 1st attempt on a voxel modelized with vxlse's 3d modelizer, background matches 90% to other dark yuri faction cameos, background drawn with bare hand. EDIT: new cluster tank cameo, voxel by 'Creator'.

mwcticon.png
 Description:
Madrawave Clustertank cameo.
 Filesize:  7.86 KB
 Viewed:  9787 Time(s)

mwcticon.png

mwcticon_prev.png
 Description:
Madrawave Clustertank preview cameo.
 Filesize:  8.28 KB
 Viewed:  9787 Time(s)

mwcticon_prev.png

trikicon.png
 Description:
Speeder Trike cameo.
 Filesize:  7.55 KB
 Viewed:  9793 Time(s)

trikicon.png

trikicon_prev.png
 Description:
Speeder Trike preview cameo.
 Filesize:  7.56 KB
 Viewed:  9793 Time(s)

trikicon_prev.png

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Honestly, the only better of your cameos is the latest Speeder Trike cameo.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Speeder is decent indeed. But where did the shadow go?

Creator
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice cameo, can I ask for a Assault destroyer cameo, I'm gonna make my own voxel of it

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Creator wrote:
nice cameo, can I ask for a Assault destroyer cameo, I'm gonna make my own voxel of it

What is that voxel? i don't even have it too.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New cameos plus piece of art showing the Trike behind Yuri logo, i finally started to make cameos from 3d modelizer.

smcvicon.png
 Description:
Soviet MCV cameo.
 Filesize:  7.03 KB
 Viewed:  9674 Time(s)

smcvicon.png

smcvicon_prev.png
 Description:
Soviet MCV preview cameo.
 Filesize:  6.72 KB

smcvicon_prev.png

ttnkicon.png
 Description:
Tesla Cruiser cameo.
 Filesize:  6.55 KB

ttnkicon.png

ttnkicon_prev.png
 Description:
Tesla Cruiser preview cameo.
 Filesize:  6.67 KB

ttnkicon_prev.png

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are now improving. Keep going.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really don't see what the 3D conversion is adding to them at all, just seems like a giant waste of time. Would be easier to simply get better at painting details / shadows etc.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, when I started drawing shadows and highlights on my first cameo I referred to 3d model I've made out of that voxel. The model turned out broken due to hardware compatibility issues so I couldn't use it for cameo, but it helped me to see how surfaces are highlighted. My further attempts at cameo making used this experience, so while learning to paint and shade manually is good, some practice with 3d models can be useful.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz wrote:
You are now improving. Keep going.

Thanks, I guess 3D is better than voxels, since this year and 2016 i noticed some voxel cameos by other cameo artists who use different shading, it turned out to be the 3d modelizer, they used it for a better quality, i use the high smooth 3d model option, i don't use the default one, everything is good except posing, but i kinda liked it.

Yet another piece of art for mental omega, soviet's giant ICBM launcher (not Topol-M) behind the soviet logo, the unit should exist in one of the upcoming soviet missions in 3.3.3, the next one is allied, actually the 4 backgrounds were made 5 days ago.

mnhkicon_prev.png
 Description:
Manhack preview cameo.
 Filesize:  6.04 KB
 Viewed:  9635 Time(s)

mnhkicon_prev.png

scnricon_prev.png
 Description:
Scanner preview cameo.
 Filesize:  6.42 KB
 Viewed:  9635 Time(s)

scnricon_prev.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[Major Update]
- Topic Changed to be for 2D arts, instead of cameo-exclusive.
- SHPs are allowed to be shared here too (like that one i made below).

ascn.png
 Description:
That's not the only one i made
 Filesize:  28.39 KB
 Viewed:  9590 Time(s)

ascn.png

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still exceedingly basic, even as a base for some sort of tower. I'm not sure how it can be improved specifically as it doesn't really have a foreseeable purpose, but it definitely needs details. For example, even if you were to make something so basic as an Egyptian pyramid, you would still need to detail it so you can see the bricks in spots, wind erosion, etc. otherwise it will just look boring and effortless.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New cameos again, they were originally a single building, but i just did a touch up for it, 3D Model by me + the allied art one below.

@4StarGeneral: Yes, it's just WIP, but hey, i think i should make a building that look like a pyramid, you inspired me for something..

alliedbg.png
 Description:
New allied background, same style.
 Filesize:  372.27 KB
 Viewed:  9561 Time(s)

alliedbg.png

kashicon.png
 Description:
Launchgrid cameo.
 Filesize:  6.73 KB

kashicon.png

btnlicon.png
 Description:
Bloatick Tunnel cameo.
 Filesize:  5.27 KB

btnlicon.png

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder must have been recruiting Pus...

The building looked like Ogre's Shaman Barracks of WC3.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz wrote:
Speeder must have been recruiting Pus...

The building looked like Ogre's Shaman Barracks of WC3.

The bloatick tunnel is from MO, but the launchgrid is from my 4th side project (it's heavily updated now).

Can someone suggest what should i add for the building i made?

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A clearly visible purpose. And a better texture. Also, the bloatick tunnel looks differently, and for better recognizability I'd add a bloatick climbing out of it and some poison clouds on the background.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Other high quality cameos, voxels by creator, Tertoru Sub by cxtian39, And a radar dome.

rdomicon_prev.png
 Description:
Radar Dome preview cameo.
 Filesize:  6.98 KB
 Viewed:  9505 Time(s)

rdomicon_prev.png

cpackx.png
 Description:
'Creator's cameo pack
 Filesize:  22.23 KB
 Viewed:  9505 Time(s)

cpackx.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Aircondit, actually name changed to dynamo for some reason.  Confused ppst, the infantry ahead the barracks, by me.

newmb.png
 Description:
New dings
 Filesize:  47.78 KB
 Viewed:  9432 Time(s)

newmb.png

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work on those! But why Grey? Is it civilian? Or a different Side?

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This actually looks cool, though the lighting seems a bit weird and plain surfaces could use some more detail and better textures.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:
Great work on those! But why Grey? Is it civilian? Or a different Side?

They are tech civilian buildings, capturable to provide few infantries, old vs new comparison, for those who don't know, the entire tech civilian buildings are 89% complete, New versions of Boatcarrier Facility, Construction Yard, Monolithic Yard and Lithic Wall are left, a building that is equivalent to yuri's submarine pen.

mgtoicon.png
 Description:
3D Model by cxtian39.
 Filesize:  7.23 KB
 Viewed:  9371 Time(s)

mgtoicon.png

oldnewn.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.89 KB
 Viewed:  9378 Time(s)

oldnewn.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I started to use bump map for building cameos.

btcrwater.png
 Description:
Boatcarrier Facility
 Filesize:  118.65 KB
 Viewed:  9341 Time(s)

btcrwater.png

ycnyicon.png
 Description:
3rd Con.Yard cameo.
 Filesize:  7.1 KB

ycnyicon.png

scnyicon.png
 Description:
2nd Con.Yard cameo.
 Filesize:  7.83 KB

scnyicon.png

acnyicon.png
 Description:
1st Con.Yard cameo.
 Filesize:  7.74 KB

acnyicon.png

fcnyicon.png
 Description:
4th Con.Yard cameo.
 Filesize:  7.09 KB

fcnyicon.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trivia: the strongest Tier 2 infantry in the project counted with the entire original game is the Raytracer, it fires 9 supercharged sunbeams at once, and also immune to mind control.

Trivie: the strongest air unit is the overlord, it fires 5 arch saber beams with burst of 5, when crashing, it causes arch saber explosion, electrocuting infantries in a radius that is similar to the nuke strike, but its crash explosion upon impact is stronger than the nuke strike itself.

- Allied use prism, chrono techs, high superior aircrafts and aircraft carrier fleets.
- Soviet use tesla, iron shield, heavy tanks, ground transports and submarines.
- Yuri use psychic blast, mind control techs, anti gravity techs and light tanks for most.
- (???) use sunburst rays, incredibly heavy tanks, lack of transport vehicles and arch saber tech.

ascsicon_prev.png
 Description:
Ascention Strike preview cameo. (support power)
 Filesize:  5.67 KB
 Viewed:  9293 Time(s)

ascsicon_prev.png

rpolicon_prev.png
 Description:
Ray Pole preview cameo.
 Filesize:  6.18 KB

rpolicon_prev.png

olrdicon_prev.png
 Description:
Overlord preview cameo.
 Filesize:  9.53 KB

olrdicon_prev.png

prsticon_prev.png
 Description:
Raytracer preview cameo.
 Filesize:  11.17 KB

prsticon_prev.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

work on the material settings. All give the same plastic look.
There are no small bright reflections on shiny metal surfaces or wide soft reflections on concrete.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
work on the material settings. All give the same plastic look.
There are no small bright reflections on shiny metal surfaces or wide soft reflections on concrete.

They use anti freeze material for buildings, witch is why there is no snow version for those buildings, the most heating building of them is their device that could teleport vehicles with a radius of 18, and it charges its core within only 2 minutes.

NOTE: All of the buildings were complete, once i finish the 4th yellow faction mission video, i will reveal the big thing.

tranicon_prev.png
 Description:
The device design is based off of the Iron Curtain Device.
 Filesize:  5.85 KB
 Viewed:  9249 Time(s)

tranicon_prev.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And, the last one is foehn, the recon drone is behind the logo, but i think i should have replaced it with pteranodon.

New contents again, the background of those cameos were made by me in bare hand, except the knightfall one, please check out my post in the official offtopic thread.

foehnbg.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  395.17 KB
 Viewed:  9180 Time(s)

foehnbg.png

iconsmpl.png
 Description:
this is how i improved cameoing.
 Filesize:  18.7 KB
 Viewed:  9187 Time(s)

iconsmpl.png

loomeicon.png
 Description:
Loom Expansion cameo.
 Filesize:  6.19 KB

loomeicon.png

cldpeicon.png
 Description:
Piercer Expansion cameo.
 Filesize:  6.05 KB

cldpeicon.png

cybreicon.png
 Description:
Kernel Expansion cameo.
 Filesize:  6.4 KB

cybreicon.png

fbruicon.png
 Description:
Knightfall Prototcol cameo.
 Filesize:  6.48 KB

fbruicon.png

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The original expansion cameos look better. Same for knightfall upgrade cameo.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really like the con yard icons, the upgrade symbol is nice and simple too, nice.

ayylmao on Discord

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That prism icon hurts to look at honestly, blurring to hell then overly sharpening really just makes it look ugly. For good cameos you need to actually put work into them, not throw a bunch of filters at it.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember mental omega had a greenglass-colored floating disc, so i made it, it actually went to my mind without thinking, this cameo is also older than 6 months ago, and also the yellow faction has its button.

playercampyuri.png
 Description:
New Yuri Campaign Button! (WIP)
 Filesize:  35.08 KB
 Viewed:  9096 Time(s)

playercampyuri.png

vdskicon.png
 Description:
Toxin Invader cameo.
 Filesize:  7.12 KB
 Viewed:  9096 Time(s)

vdskicon.png

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't like a hammer cause when it gets elite it fires 2 bullets from both side while one side doesn't have a barrel at all

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:
Could someone do a new cameo for my finalized Hammer Tank?

I will need the voxel itself in order to make a better version.

cfldicon.png
 Description:
A new support power cameo, blender and GIMP used.
 Filesize:  8.06 KB
 Viewed:  8943 Time(s)

cfldicon.png

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
That prism icon hurts to look at honestly, blurring to hell then overly sharpening really just makes it look ugly. For good cameos you need to actually put work into them, not throw a bunch of filters at it.

I second that, he clearly learned nothing...

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomsons26lv wrote:
4StarGeneral wrote:

I second that, he clearly learned nothing...
The power of overconfidence.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why is he always making Mental Omega based stuff... by now we pretty much know Speeder isn't going to use any of his stuff though.

Nooze
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did a thing.

hamtank.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.72 KB
 Viewed:  8853 Time(s)

hamtank.PNG

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
Why is he always making Mental Omega based stuff...

Cos...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's some delicious ham Nooze.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@[All users who posted below my last post above]: What about damfoos? since he joined he was even worse than me, Atomic_Noodles, tomsons26lv and Mig Eater, all of the 3 will regret and always regret for the future, because i know what should happen.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Worse in what exactly?

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
...........Atomic_Noodles, tomsons26lv and Mig Eater, all of the 3 will regret and always regret for the future, because i know what should happen.

He sounds like he's about to suicide bomb us guys......
Spoiler (click here to read it):

Yes what about Damfoos?
I see almost nothing wrong with the models he did that aren't actually made of basic geometric shapes, only issue i see is his tesla coil orb looks like a q-tip, so that needs better materials, other than that nothing really.

This is about you and your incapability of spending at least more than 1 second on working on a asset
This is about you and you attacking people with suggestions
This is about you and your idiotic feed through filter and call it done "art"
This is about you and your constant pretending you are making assets for Mental Omega on Speeders request
This is about you and your assumption you need to fix mo's assets

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 6 [251 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon