Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:01 am
All times are UTC + 0
2D Attempts
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 6 [251 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:  2D Attempts
Subject description: Cameos, 2d arts, shp, voxel to shp, etc
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1ST, ModerU's Flak/Half track, with my own style, you can request a cameo here too, and i will make it.

brainicon.png
 Description:
New textless support power cameo.
 Filesize:  5.41 KB
 Viewed:  13148 Time(s)

brainicon.png

htkicon.png
 Description:
Added Sharpen effects and white balances, sorry, no textless version available.
 Filesize:  8.25 KB
 Viewed:  13156 Time(s)

htkicon.png

Last edited by PussyPus on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not bad with the pose, but the unit merges into background too much. I personally prefer Generals style though, that's the cameo I've made for the same voxel

htkicon.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.5 KB
 Viewed:  13144 Time(s)

htkicon.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damfoos wrote:
Not bad with the pose, but the unit merges into background too much. I personally prefer Generals style though, that's the cameo I've made for the same voxel

Yours is also good Damfoos  Smile

hatkicon.png
 Description:
it was made over 8 hours ago, hammer tank cameo for who owns a hammer tank in a mod, recoloring is allowed.
 Filesize:  7.44 KB
 Viewed:  13132 Time(s)

hatkicon.png

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with Damfoos, the unit blends in too much. It needs a nice visible silhouette so you can immediately recognise it. Angles from above with no sky in the background don't help that, but also making the shadow more realistic would help too. Right now you just have a general dark glow around it which makes it a bit murky, but if you drew a proper shadow and also shaded the vehicle it would be more distinct IMO.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
I agree with Damfoos, the unit blends in too much. It needs a nice visible silhouette so you can immediately recognise it. Angles from above with no sky in the background don't help that, but also making the shadow more realistic would help too. Right now you just have a general dark glow around it which makes it a bit murky, but if you drew a proper shadow and also shaded the vehicle it would be more distinct IMO.

Exactly my new IFV cameo i made 3 days ago but it's private DO use realistic shadow, the voxel itself was maybe made by nucleisplitter, i should have read your post before i finish the teranuum tank cameo, for example some MO3.3 cameos are not really visible or easily distinguishable, exactly like the seitaad ballista cameo by (Nooze maybe?).

trunicon.png
 Description:
(voxel by B.A.Znd)
 Filesize:  6.66 KB
 Viewed:  13125 Time(s)

trunicon.png

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay I'll try to request something.

How about Moder.U's land version of Aircraft Carrier?

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

chr0nicz420 wrote:

As you wish! should i upload Mental Omega Version of it?

arcaicon_prev.png
 Description:
Aircarrier preview cameo.
 Filesize:  7.75 KB
 Viewed:  13094 Time(s)

arcaicon_prev.png

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Request

sovab.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.48 KB
 Viewed:  13089 Time(s)

sovab.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Request

I may be inactive for 20 hours from now, so after that, i will make the cameo as you requested.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damfoos' cameo style is perfect for his Flak Track cameo. Anyway, in order to participate this cameo race, here is my attempt at using Moder.U's Flak Track (used in NW) and cxtian39's request.

cxtian1.png
 Description:
My attempt at cxtian39's request, will be better if there is a 3D render of it.
 Filesize:  8.54 KB
 Viewed:  13076 Time(s)

cxtian1.png

htkicon.png
 Description:
My Flak Track version.
 Filesize:  3.82 KB
 Viewed:  13076 Time(s)

htkicon.png

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
chr0nicz420 wrote:

As you wish! should i upload Mental Omega Version of it?

Woah pretty thanks!

And yes please.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@PussyPus where'd you get that voxel? It looks like mine Confused

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz wrote:
Damfoos' cameo style is perfect for his Flak Track cameo. Anyway, in order to participate this cameo race, here is my attempt at using Moder.U's Flak Track (used in NW) and cxtian39's request.

and request this one
Maybe SC2 pics are more useful

renders.zip
 Description:
Edited Ra3 model
AA=no

Download
 Filename:  renders.zip
 Filesize:  505.68 KB
 Downloaded:  108 Time(s)

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is the cameo preview and I did it at my best. If you interested, I will send it by DM.

cxtian39 wrote:
and request this one

EDIT: I just read your another message, and what a coincidence that I will use that on my mod, here is the preview, you can ask by DM.

batwicon.png
 Description:
Called this Batwing.
 Filesize:  6.82 KB
 Viewed:  13012 Time(s)

batwicon.png

ra3npadicon.png
 Description:
Version 2
 Filesize:  5.51 KB
 Viewed:  13013 Time(s)

ra3npadicon.png

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz wrote:
Damfoos' cameo style is perfect for his Flak Track cameo. Anyway, in order to participate this cameo race, here is my attempt at using Moder.U's Flak Track (used in NW)

Hey, nice one! Maybe could use a bit more shading, but I like it nonetheless.

Also, if we are totally going to hijack this thread for showcasing our cameo making skills, I'd like to show my work as well Very Happy

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the greyed-out cameos more Laughing

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Why don't you explain why so you're actually being helpful for once? There's no point in just giving your negative opinion with no reasoning.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
TAK02 wrote:
Why don't you explain why so you're actually being helpful for once? There's no point in just giving your negative opinion with no reasoning.
Don't take it seriously, he is joking IMO.
Damfoos wrote:

Also, if we are totally going to hijack this thread for showcasing our cameo making skills, I'd like to show my work as well Very Happy

Yours are better Sad
And thanks for the opinion, will do experiments later Wink

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damfoos wrote:
deathreaperz wrote:
Damfoos' cameo style is perfect for his Flak Track cameo. Anyway, in order to participate this cameo race, here is my attempt at using Moder.U's Flak Track (used in NW)

Actually hijacking someone's rights is illegal, same goes to threads, Almost 5 of your cameos are not yours, i am talking abut the foreground, not the background., As for chronicz420, ok, + i finished it, including SC thingy..

scvsicon.png
 Description:
Here you go
 Filesize:  6.74 KB
 Viewed:  12954 Time(s)

scvsicon.png

npad3icon_prev.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.09 KB

npad3icon_prev.png

arcaicon.png
 Description:
Aircarrier cameo.
 Filesize:  7.9 KB

arcaicon.png

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not almost, exactly 5, that's why they are grey. Also I beleive OmegaBolt needed a voxel of that thing, not a cameo. Nice take on the airfield though, but for the carrier I'd recommend a top-down view.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri dark cameos, inspired by Blodo.

ypadicon.png
 Description:
Psychic Pad cameo.
 Filesize:  5.71 KB
 Viewed:  12875 Time(s)

ypadicon.png

yraficon.png
 Description:
Yuri Ore Refinery cameo.
 Filesize:  6.5 KB
 Viewed:  12875 Time(s)

yraficon.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New M.I.B.O.M. cameo, voxel author is 'Creator'.

mibmicon.png
 Description:
MIBOM cameo.
 Filesize:  7.74 KB
 Viewed:  12853 Time(s)

mibmicon.png

mibmicon_prev.png
 Description:
MIBOM preview cameo.
 Filesize:  7.79 KB
 Viewed:  12853 Time(s)

mibmicon_prev.png

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try to use GIMP for better result.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mibmicon thing desperately needs shading and a better pose, it looks like a rabbit sitting on a lawn lol.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's IBO's Mobile Workers for ya!

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz wrote:
Try to use GIMP for better result.

I am using GIMP since i started that topic, however some tools i may do not understand and are used for better cameo quality, As for the other one who said better shading, you mean this shading used for azri_apoc's thor dropship?

pbcnicon.png
 Description:
Psychic Beacon cameo. (inspired by Blodo, dunno why his dark cameos are cool)
 Filesize:  5.66 KB
 Viewed:  12784 Time(s)

pbcnicon.png

thoricon.png
 Description:
Thor Drop'Gun'Ship cameo.
 Filesize:  7.45 KB
 Viewed:  12784 Time(s)

thoricon.png

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I guess I'll be using this Thor cameo in my MO install from now on, thanks for sharing

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damfoos wrote:
Hmm, I guess I'll be using this Thor cameo in my MO install from now on, thanks for sharing

'install'? what is it?

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That Psychic Beacon is well-made, and the Thor ruins it with his Lightning.

Seriously, the Contrast at Thor is too damn high.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Part of the problem is the units are all too small in the image, making them hard to make out.

I always try to have the unit at an angle where it most fills up the space, with unimportant parts of it off the edge. Then draw some kind of lighting that adds contrast. Trace lines around features of the unit to make them stand out, in a slightly cartoony way. I also layer over a scratchy metal texture to add additional details.

cameos.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.96 KB
 Viewed:  12660 Time(s)

cameos.png

Creator
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do you have the voxel of the thor gunship ? I thought it was exclusive to M.O

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Part of the problem is the units are all too small in the image, making them hard to make out.

I always try to have the unit at an angle where it most fills up the space, with unimportant parts of it off the edge. Then draw some kind of lighting that adds contrast. Trace lines around features of the unit to make them stand out, in a slightly cartoony way. I also layer over a scratchy metal texture to add additional details.
Damn, your cameos are truly legit and better than mine, especially that Vortex Tank cameo. Loved these and RR mod!

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a question went to my mind, what if OmegaBolt's shading style applied to a higher resolution version like 64x64 or 360x480? i mean not resizing it after you finish the no text cameo, i mean start it with a higher resolution.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another cameo request. This voxel is from Bu7loos.

Yuri Blight.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Yuri Blight.rar
 Filesize:  14.69 KB
 Downloaded:  66 Time(s)

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:

I exactly did everything you said, except the scratch thing, and i think the result matches with the mental omega's american athena cannon cameo shading, 4 cameos applied with contrast and sharpening, no blurs, i tried to make different versions of mental omega cameos too

-Glowcaster voxel by OverWatch, Perun Flagship (maybe atomic noodles or graion, or maybe... ???, speeder trike voxel by mevitar, recon drone by unknown).

cameos2.png
 Description:
Glowcaster Megabot - Perun Flagship - Speeder Trike - Recon Drone
 Filesize:  29.69 KB
 Viewed:  12500 Time(s)

cameos2.png

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perun flagship is also by mevitar, it was supposed to be in a vxl competition, but he was late... Entry was called "Superhind", and I think it was for Voxelgeddon? Nah, anyway, back to topic... All of the people with cameos posted here are true geniouses on cameo making! Very Happy

Natit_Titan
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I need a cameo for this, thank

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is for you, Natit.

avhelicar.jpg
 Description:
Avengers Helicarrier
 Filesize:  1.63 KB
 Viewed:  12468 Time(s)

avhelicar.jpg

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Natit_Titan wrote:
I need a cameo for this, thank

Your signature image is confusing me a lot  Confused your request is accepted but i made the blight cameo by the time you requested. EDIT: finally made it.

shidicon.png
 Description:
S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier cameo.
 Filesize:  7.02 KB
 Viewed:  12453 Time(s)

shidicon.png

helcicon.png
 Description:
Helicarrier cameo.
 Filesize:  7.07 KB
 Viewed:  12453 Time(s)

helcicon.png

bligicon_prev.png
 Description:
Blight preview cameo.
 Filesize:  7.26 KB
 Viewed:  12456 Time(s)

bligicon_prev.png

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oooh thanks. But I'm wondering why it's color green.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

chr0nicz420 wrote:
Oooh thanks. But I'm wondering why it's color green.

It looks like the dybbuk-striker from mental omega, that bombards toxins, and in scorpion cell, rashidi's rebels were used as green color for their faction color, epsilon HQ are magenta maybe, but if scorpion cell is going to change to worse, why their epsilon units look epsilonish, for example like the blue glass, it's epsilonish and foehnish, not scorpion cellish, so the cell should use green glass color instead.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why would you base it off MO?

Creator
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you guys make cameo for these pictures ?

rocket_000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  88.9 KB
 Viewed:  12386 Time(s)

rocket_000.jpg

artil_001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.56 KB

artil_001.jpg

tomal_000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.54 KB

tomal_000.jpg

Natit_Titan
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz wrote:
This is for you, Natit.

thank you very much, but can u make one .PNG without text

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Creator wrote:
Can you guys make cameo for these pictures ?

Alright, this one should get 3 people working on each one, i will only work on the rocket MLRS, aaand here you go.

stolenmlrs.png
 Description:
Stolen M.L.R.S. cameo.
 Filesize:  8.21 KB
 Viewed:  12309 Time(s)

stolenmlrs.png

mlrscona.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.54 KB
 Viewed:  12311 Time(s)

mlrscona.png

Last edited by PussyPus on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Creator
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks , I will release the Multi purpose plaform soon

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NEW: All voxels below were made by 'Bu7loos', i loved his voxels so much

metroicon.png
 Description:
Metrodon cameo.
 Filesize:  7.27 KB
 Viewed:  12224 Time(s)

metroicon.png

ghrpicon.png
 Description:
Gharial Prototype cameo.
 Filesize:  8.01 KB

ghrpicon.png

pfdricon.png
 Description:
Prismforce Drop cameo.
 Filesize:  7.46 KB

pfdricon.png

hydraicon.png
 Description:
Hydramaniac cameo.
 Filesize:  8.24 KB

hydraicon.png

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Why would you base it off MO?

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doing this to prove a point cause i had enough of these PussyPus'es "Cameos"

If you use a voxel for a cameo you can't just just ztyping scale it down and call it quits.
You need to do a fair amount of painting over to add highlights and shadows, do it in a separate layer, after you are done with that then you should add a unsharp mask to make it "pop".
Also to help with realism add a shadow it makes a big difference as well.

mrlscameo.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.49 KB
 Viewed:  12202 Time(s)

mrlscameo.png

mrlspaintover.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  281.6 KB
 Viewed:  12202 Time(s)

mrlspaintover.png

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For a second I thought you've made a 3D model Very Happy Nice job!

This thread becomes something more than a simple requests thread, maybe a good tutorial can be made out of all this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 6 [251 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon