Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Voxels from a never seen point of view...
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [44 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject:  Voxels from a never seen point of view... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stu has been developping an aplication to view voxels with hva (he has been researching how hva files work, so he can implement it later at VXLSE III)... He gave me an alpha version of the thing... and I loved it... Here's the screenshot I took... if we find out one day how to encode vqa files, it will be possible to modify this tool to make movies...

Note: Stu, if you wanna delete this topic, do it.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Note: i still can't get HVA's to work right, in the version u have Banshee HVA's are disabled. (the Voxels Transform Matrix seems to work fine, its just the hva ones giving problems)

EDIT: Added pics showing HVA problem, note the animation seems correct, the parts are just a tad seperated........

hva_prob2.jpg
 Description:
HVA Prob, Screen 2
 Filesize:  281.21 KB
 Viewed:  31607 Time(s)

hva_prob2.jpg

hva_prob1.jpg
 Description:
HVA Prob, Screen 1
 Filesize:  279.57 KB
 Viewed:  31607 Time(s)

hva_prob1.jpg

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At about 3am GMT i fixed it and the program can now play HVA animations Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, really cool looking Smile

(if we only could make that mmk2 walk through the scene...)

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If i could work out how to scroll textures then walking could b faked by scrolling it when animating.

Attached is 6 pics of the viewer. Note: its 1.32 MB not KB.

previewshots.zip
 Description:
Preview Shots

Download
 Filename:  previewshots.zip
 Filesize:  1.32 MB
 Downloaded:  605 Time(s)

darkness
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me likes, me wants!

FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Voxels from a never seen point of view... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
... if we find out one day how to encode vqa files, it will be possible to modify this tool to make movies...

this option is for TS mods... & why not avi files? (is to convert these files into RA2 videos).

About the tool, is very nice Stu. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes we could use it to make RA2/YR videos, but we can't use it for SHPs, so we could show aircraft and non-SHP vehicles, but no explosions or trees or houses.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I personaly think pro video making stuff is better. I.E 3d scene makers, make 3d models make a scene, make it do stuff, and bang u got a video. Main problem with VXL fles is when rendering them in 3d, u draw every square, working out what is seen would take time. So u are drawing about 13 thousand squares(2k min) , the size doesn't matter, its the amount, a 3d model would have about 200 Max(im betting im over estimating this max) So u get low FPS.

Anyway, pics, one showing some sucsess the other showing some probs with this. (Some seem to work fine, others have alignment probs)

OSVV_Preview7.jpg
 Description:
2tnk.vxl - Barrel & Turret - Barrel & Turret aligned correctly
 Filesize:  267.28 KB
 Viewed:  31571 Time(s)

OSVV_Preview7.jpg

OSVV_Preview8-turet_barrel_prob.jpg
 Description:
4tnk.vxl - Barrel & Turret - Barrel Not aligned correctly
 Filesize:  136.99 KB
 Viewed:  31571 Time(s)

OSVV_Preview8-turet_barrel_prob.jpg

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need a turret offset option... if you look at art.ini, some voxels have turret offset options. 2TNK doesnt have this problem, but 4TNK has. Look at 4TNK's code:

[4TNK]
Voxel=yes
Remapable=yes
Cameo=4TNKICON
PrimaryFireFLH=40,32,96
SecondaryFireFLH=-32,80,120
PBarrelLength=192
TurretOffset=-45

Anyway, I will continue my screenshot turn here... Here's the Mad Dog voxel, created a very long time ago by Weeraby2k (I think) and used to be one of the master pieces from Editing Source that Detail used to run. It's currently available at YR Argentina. Anyway, the version available for download has terrible normals. I used the auto-normalizer from VXLSE III and the difference was amazing. Then, I rendered it at the Open Source Voxel Viewer (old version that I have here) and the results are... take a look:

MadDogWithCoolNormals3.jpg
 Description:
Mad Dog View 3
 Filesize:  82.88 KB
 Viewed:  31560 Time(s)

MadDogWithCoolNormals3.jpg

MadDogWithCoolNormals2.jpg
 Description:
Mad Dog View 2
 Filesize:  44.21 KB

MadDogWithCoolNormals2.jpg

MadDogWithCoolNormals1.jpg
 Description:
Mad Dog View 1
 Filesize:  16.11 KB

MadDogWithCoolNormals1.jpg

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is so cool

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe you should have a go at more detailed textures, or make it repeat more often, so it doesn't look jagged. Maybe, if we could do AVI->VQA, we should make very highly detailed voxels, like twice the detail as now, so we can do good quality stuff. Of course, I'm just a sad little person with no good opinion and should be ignored by everyone.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can create the texture that you want for the terrain... We are just lazy to create new ones Wink... At least I am.. I dont know about Stu.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

800x700 image is about 500kb (JPG) True Higher compression would lower it (i always save with compression at one for max quality), Times 500 by 4 and u get 2000KB (or 2MB Approx).

The size that if im correct should have "perfect" quality is 1400x1400.

if somehow texture "sets" could be made of say 200x200 images that could fit together, technicaly "maps" could be made. (obvacly not gigantic ones u can walk around in)

And about high detailed voxels, it would b much better to make actual 3d models, they would use less resources, they would look better, and they would be more friendly. (i.e Md3 format is a nice one).

EDIT: added a nice pic

hmec.jpg
 Description:
MK II - By The Sea
 Filesize:  101.41 KB
 Viewed:  31543 Time(s)

hmec.jpg

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya I agree with stu if we get the ability to make vqa's then we really should use a 3d prog over trying to render voxels. #Tongue

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Attached Is the MK II walking!!!!

HMec_Walking.gif
 Description:
MK II - IT WALKS!!!
 Filesize:  428.8 KB
 Viewed:  31533 Time(s)

HMec_Walking.gif

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I take this means you've fixed the bugs to an extent. Any possibilities of a beta soon. Very Happy

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its amazing how bad normals were b4 the bglman discovery.

EDIT: the release of the Program is unknown, i doubt it will take more than a week b4 it is released.

chrnprison1_000.jpg
 Description:
Normal Version, Old Normals
 Filesize:  32.81 KB
 Viewed:  31522 Time(s)

chrnprison1_000.jpg

chrnprison1_003.jpg
 Description:
Normal Version, New Normals
 Filesize:  30.35 KB

chrnprison1_003.jpg

chrnprison1_001.jpg
 Description:
Colour Version, Old Normals
 Filesize:  36.19 KB

chrnprison1_001.jpg

chrnprison1_002.jpg
 Description:
Colour Version, New Normals
 Filesize:  32.31 KB

chrnprison1_002.jpg

Hybrid
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love it guys, keep up the good work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Des08tor wrote:
Love it guys, keep up the good work.

Guys?

Anyway More Screenies.

New Feature: You can now save and load scene's, so if u find the right angle, ground height, ground size, etc, then save the scene, and you can load it up the next time u want to view a voxel.

OSVV_Preview11.jpg
 Description:
A129.vxl hovering
 Filesize:  189.75 KB
 Viewed:  31467 Time(s)

OSVV_Preview11.jpg

OSVV_Preview10.jpg
 Description:
APC.vxl, in the water.
 Filesize:  241.93 KB
 Viewed:  31466 Time(s)

OSVV_Preview10.jpg

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stucuk wrote:
Guys?

- maybe he is considering my PR job Laughing

Anyway, have you fixed the blades from the helicopter?

(and also, could you also allow us to replace the sky by a bitmap, so we can make a perfect TS scene?)

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When the blades are fixed u will all know about it! That helicopter works for some reason...... Night Hawk doesn't.

When it comes to PR u are the master.

I don't know how to do sky boxes or Q3 Style dome skys. (im amazed i got this far being a noob at OpenGl)

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is fantastic, yet i wonder how do you import the terrain?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Play the game... take a random screenshot of the map with no unit or building in it and load it in jpg format in the program

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ehhhm, are the new normals already added to VXLSE III, i thought they were still under work Confused

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When bglman discovered the normals, i implemented them in VXLSE III and when this program was made it used the normals. VXLSE III defultly is set to use normal simulation or something its not proper normals, its point is to keep fps higher. You can manualy change this. Anyway this isn't the thread or the forum to talk about VXLSE III.

Dragon Stein Cole
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have got to say, that anim of the walking HMEC is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time Wink

With the ground textures, what filetypes are supported, besides jpg which banshee already mentioned. for example, would animated gifs work?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jpg's are the only supported format. Gif's wouldn't be posible, not with my understanding of opengl anyway.

Technicaly BMP and TGA could be implemented but that would mean the program could take alot longer to load. (program has to search the dir's for textures and laod them, searching more than one format would cause more of a delay). Since all 3 are still images with not much quality difference JPG was selected, due to it having low file sizes, being a very common format and has the option for compression.

Delta625
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't see if it is done already but maybe you should add TurretOffset= feature as to make it not so Trail-and-Error. Maybe even PrimaryFLH= can be added, too. It would make the program even more useful. Wink

Just a suggestion...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have played with the voxels using the turret offset value and had no luck. Its uncharted territory making 3 voxels into 1 for viewing.

Quote:
PrimaryFLH=

Im not a modder, so i don't know ini tags. (the line doesn't mean a thing to me)

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PrimareyFLH= sets the forward, lateral, and height offsets from the center of the voxel as the point from which the Primary weapon's projectile originates.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So it wouldn't help with this program (since i can't make guns fire, etc)

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats to bad, cause Deltas idea, if implemented would have been fairly handy.

All hail me

Delta625
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote]So it wouldn't help with this program (since i can't make guns fire, etc) /quote]

Ahhh... Confused
That's too bad. Finding the PrimaryFLH is soooo time consuming, and tedious to perfect it, that the option would be extremely useful.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you could set the PrimaryFLH, how could you tell where it was on the model?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kravvitz wrote:
If you could set the PrimaryFLH, how could you tell where it was on the model?

Especialy how adding the body, turret and barrels isn't compleate, the HVA's arn't worked out 100% correct(mechs work but blades don't always align right), etc.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Attached Pics

OSVV_Preview14.jpg
 Description:
Prievew 14
 Filesize:  189.07 KB
 Viewed:  31281 Time(s)

OSVV_Preview14.jpg

OSVV_Preview13.jpg
 Description:
Prievew 13
 Filesize:  274.63 KB
 Viewed:  31281 Time(s)

OSVV_Preview13.jpg

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a good adition Smile, specially for those who have RA2 voxels with normals 2.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For Voxels with no HVA animations the FPS has been improved, tho the loading times for voxels with no HVA animations can be up to 5 seconds for the program to build the voxel, but u can experience up to 200% increases in FPS.

Pics attached of V1.2 and V1.3.

OSVV_Preview15.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  209.65 KB
 Viewed:  31191 Time(s)

OSVV_Preview15.jpg

OSVV_Preview16.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  210.99 KB
 Viewed:  31191 Time(s)

OSVV_Preview16.jpg

D
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

omg stu, 1337ness :p

DJB
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stucuk have you come up with any thing new on this viewer Question

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There was a new version in the works.

Durrandi
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry for bumpiong over a year old topic but you said if we ever had a vqa encoder we could make movies. well now we have one.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and if you use this tool like a freak, you really can make movies...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [44 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum