Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm
All times are UTC + 0
OS SHP Builder? Yea, the name changed... read more...
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject:  OS SHP Builder? Yea, the name changed... read more... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stucuk and I decided to call it Open Source SHP Builder instead of Banshee Stucuk SHP Builder for several reasons:

1) if someone else works on it, we dont need to add the name of the person

2) bs used to be confused with bull shit and our new version is good Wink.

So, I hope this post clears things up.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this name change is a good idea. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I was getting used to BS SHP Builder, but I think this is probably better.

Hybrid
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now it could be called Old shit.... Who knows theres more possibilities. lol #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

/me kills Des0 #Tongue

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who will pay for the hosting? Laughing

Maybe it should be PPM instead of OS.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, I would like more of it being PPM than OS, but due to it following the GPL thing, where anyone can distribute it and modify it as they wish as long as the original authors are credited, OS is better...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its not a PPM project. BS SHP Builder v1.0 was made by me, i am not a member of PPM, so there is no way the program is made by PPM or is PPM's.

Hence PPM isn't a viable option in its name.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This brings us to the question of "what is PPM?".

It's more than a mod.

Anyway, you're right that due to the GPL OS is better. ....sort of.

I think "OS" may cause confusion for those that don't know it means "open source" in this context.

Also it definitely needs something to distinguish it from Will's glitchy program.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kravvitz wrote:
This brings us to the question of "what is PPM?".

PPM is a team of modders.

PPM's website is a place modders learn stuff.

I am a memer of PPM's Forum. But i am not a member of PPM. I started BS SHP Builder, i released the first version. It has nothing to do with the ppm entity. If im correct it was on CnC-Source first.

Bottom line, its not a PPM project, its Banshee's and my Project.

Kravvitz wrote:
Also it definitely needs something to distinguish it from Will's glitchy program.

PPL knew BS SHP Builder wasn't wills program, OS is the same length as BS so i don't see the problem.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stucuk wrote:
PPL knew BS SHP Builder wasn't wills program, OS is the same length as BS so i don't see the problem.

I' sorry, I didn't make myself clear, allow me to clarify.

I meant that it's full name needs to be more than "SHP Builder" so that it is distinguishable from Will's.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its Full name is Open Source SHP Builder, its a tad different....................................................

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I know. What I'm saying is that it's full name shouldn't be only "SHP Builder".

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i vote for SHP maker

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no vote btw

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The name SHP Builder doesnt fit too much as users doesnt use it to build their shp files, they use it to edit, but we ain't change this part of the name, really.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum