Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm
All times are UTC + 0
CnCNet5 + Syringe won't work??
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:  CnCNet5 + Syringe won't work?? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Need experts (aka anyone other than me) to have a look at this.

I've been trying for 2 days to try and get the CnCNet5 Client to run Ares/Syringe but it refuses to no matter what I do.

After a lot of testing and fresh installs it still won't work, syringe log tells me -spawn is invalid, and the client tries to just open Syringe without any commands or at least that's what it looks like.

DLLs in folder: cncnet5.dll, ddraw.dll & ares inj/dlls

What works:
If I ONLY run my ares .bat file which has:
Code:
Syringe "gamemd.exe" -cd -ai-control -nologo -speedcontrol -spawn

The game will load via -spawn fine and play my mod files or vanilla Ares injected YR.

BUT if I set my ClientDefinitions.ini with:
Code:
GameExecutableNames=Syringe.exe
ExtraCommandLineParams= "gamemd.exe" -SPAWN -CD -LOG

Syringe.log comes back with:

Code:
[21:45:54] Syringe 0.7.1.1
[21:45:54] ===============

[21:45:54] WinMain: arguments = "-SPAWN"
[21:46:01] WinMain: No or invalid command line arguments given, exiting...
[21:46:01] WinMain: Exiting on failure.

I'm really lost as I believe this is all I need to do in order to have the client run Syringe? The client runs the game normally without any issues. I also downloaded MO yesterday and it works with no errors, checked their .ini and it ran the same lines as I did.

Earlier in the day I got it to work half way, the client would run Syringe BUT... it would start from the beginning (menu screen) instead of loading straight into map, but now it's back to the syringe won't run issue.

Some more info: Running everything with admin doesn't help at all. Cleared registry and redownloaded cncnet client also.

Pls halp

syringeffffuk.png
 Description:
After launching game via client
 Filesize:  3.81 KB
 Viewed:  9557 Time(s)

syringeffffuk.png

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On fresh YR, install CnCNet client for YR, drop Ares files into game folder
and generic cncnet5.dll from:
https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=557384#557384

In ClientDefinitions.ini replace
Code:
GameExecutableNames=gamemd-spawn.exe

with
Code:
GameExecutableNames=Syringe.exe
ExtraCommandLineParams= "gamemd.exe" -spawn -cd -log

Then drop your mod files in the game folder and run the client.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My man, I did another fresh install (and cleaned registry) and it's working now. Stoked.

ayylmao on Discord

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BUMP.

Have the same problem (sorta).

I followed the instructions up there (CnCNet install, CnCNet5.dll, Ares, ClientDefinitions replacement), but the game won't run.

Tho syringe appears to run normally, it's gamemd.exe not launching when I hit "Launch Game".

Syringe.log shows an exception has been encountered.

syringe.log
 Description:
0xC0000005 at 0x007CA097

Download
 Filename:  syringe.log
 Filesize:  11.36 KB
 Downloaded:  202 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The log says it found YR 1.000, Ares needs YR 1.001.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, that's odd.

I was using the same EXE I got from Graion ("plain YR 1.001").
How the frag did that turn into YR 1.0?

In any case: tried to manually rename and replace but still the same schtick.

EDIT: running Ares separetely from CnCNet works perfectly.

EDIT2: my fault. the code was faulty. Now I get this:
"This version of Yuri's Revenge only supports online play using CnCNet 5"
I was trying to launch skirmish, so...
Still. It worked before!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's not an Ares or Syringe message. Check syringe.log to see whether Ares properly injects. If it doesn, then this must be something else.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spoiler (click here to read it):
Code:
[14:13:21] Syringe 0.7.2.0
[14:13:21] ===============

[14:13:21] WinMain: arguments = ""gamemd.exe" -spawn -cd -log -SPAWN"
[14:13:21] WinMain: Trying to load executable file "gamemd.exe"...

[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Retrieving info from the executable file...
[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Executable information successfully retrieved.
[14:13:21]    exe = gamemd.exe
[14:13:21]    pImLoadLibrary = 0x007E1220
[14:13:21]    pImGetProcAddress = 0x007E1250
[14:13:21]    pcEntryPoint = 0x007CD80F
[14:13:21]    dwExeSize = 0x00497110
[14:13:21]    dwExeCRC = 0x098465B3
[14:13:21]    dwTimestamp = 0x3BDF544E

[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Opening gamemd.exe to determine imports.
[14:13:21] WinMain: SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs();

[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: Recognized DLL: "Ares.dll"
[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::Handshake: Calling "Ares.dll" ...
[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::Handshake: Answers "Found Yuri's Revenge 1.001 (CD). Applying Ares 18.243.1246." (0)
[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: Recognized DLL: "cncnet5.dll"
[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: Done (1337 hooks added).

[14:13:21] WinMain: SyringeDebugger::Run("-spawn -cd -log -SPAWN");

[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::Run: Running process to debug. cmd = "gamemd.exe -spawn -cd -log -SPAWN"
[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::Run: Allocating 0x584 bytes...
[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::Run: pAlloc = 0x001C0000
[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::Run: Writing DLL loader & caller code...
[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::Run: pcLoadLibrary = 0x001C0000
[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::Run: Entering debug loop...
[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::HandleException: Could not retrieve ProcAddress for: cncnet5.dll - MZ
[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::HandleException: Finished retrieving proc addresses.
[14:13:21] SyringeDebugger::HandleException: Creating code hooks.
[14:16:44] SyringeDebugger::Run: Done with exit code 1 (1).

[14:16:44] WinMain: SyringeDebugger::Run finished.
[14:16:44] WinMain: Exiting on success.

It's looks like injection was a success. Maybe it's the cncnet5 DLL from the post above?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Maybe it's the cncnet5 DLL from the post above?

That DLL works fine for skirmish.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That first -SPAWN in command line arguments has to be in uppercase letters. Adjust ClientDefinitions.ini.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, but how to launch with only one player?
Launching with one team has the side-effect of not being able to access the diplomacy page...

Yuri's Revenge 05_09_2018 17_47_06.png
 Description:
Of all things to fix, it was the fragin' casing...
Holy Gadunka. Is the FPS normal?! It even peaked at 2000!
 Filesize:  726.98 KB
 Viewed:  8906 Time(s)

Yuri's Revenge 05_09_2018 17_47_06.png

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can launch the client in a skirmish match with two players on identical teams without a diplomacy screen crash, so there's something on your end causing that issue.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
I can launch the client in a skirmish match with two players on identical teams without a diplomacy screen crash, so there's something on your end causing that issue.

If it helps: the game just exits. Not even an IE report.
Will need to chk what files I got...

EDIT: tested it again. Here are the files. I was testing Isle of War, I was German, the AI easy and Allied (was USA just now), team A, no definite start positions.
EDIT 2: tried uploading stats.dmp but the DMP extension is not allowed. Also, it's only 2KB and opening in Visual Studio (from last year, I think) gets me the "debugging older formats is not supported" error.

syringe.log
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  syringe.log
 Filesize:  11.47 KB
 Downloaded:  66 Time(s)

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try running with fresh YR, no modding. Your IE EIP = 0x00615840 isn't there in ModEnc.

On the commandline parameter, the launcher seems to be adding -SPAWN, so it works for me with small case -spawn or even removing it from ClientDefinitions.ini.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
EDIT 2: tried uploading stats.dmp but the DMP extension is not allowed.

I've just edited the allowed attachments extensions at the administration panel of the forum to allow uploads of .dmp as plain text files. If it is not plain text, I'll change it to binary files.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there a limit for files? Otherwise people might be tempted to upload the binary crash dump files that are easily hundreds of megabytes in size.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

May I ask why the spawner code is not part of Ares (the source code was in github 4 years ago), why there is a need for 2 different DLL to hook on to gamemd.exe? Was it already tried or thought off?

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just FYI, stats.dmp isn't an error log of any kind, it is merely a dump from a statistic function that might or might not be used by the official CnCNet Yuri's Revenge release for something but is definitely ignored by the CnCNet Client itself.

E1 Elite wrote:

On the commandline parameter, the launcher seems to be adding -SPAWN, so it works for me with small case -spawn or even removing it from ClientDefinitions.ini.

-SPAWN needs to be first argument passed onto gamemd.exe and in uppercase. As long as those criteria are fulfilled it works. ExtraCommandLineParams are listed before the hardcoded -SPAWN.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is working for me:

ClientDefinitions.ini:
ExtraCommandLineParams= "gamemd.exe" -cd -log

syringe.log:
[10:40:05] WinMain: arguments = ""gamemd.exe" -cd -log -SPAWN"
[10:40:05] WinMain: SyringeDebugger::Run("-cd -log -SPAWN");
[10:40:05] SyringeDebugger::Run: Running process to debug. cmd = "gamemd.exe -cd -log -SPAWN"

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Your IE EIP = 0x00615840 isn't there in ModEnc.

Dunno if you noticed, but ModEnc leaves much to be desired in terms of completion. Especially regarding the EIPs.

I'l try again with fresh XWIS+CnCNet and do some patching, see where that gets me.
Thanks.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
May I ask why the spawner code is not part of Ares (the source code was in github 4 years ago), why there is a need for 2 different DLL to hook on to gamemd.exe? Was it already tried or thought off?

It's different teams working. I'm not so much interested in anything network and server related, and rather focus on game logics. Having two dlls (which Syringe is designed to do) has the advantage that things become modular. Spawner works without Ares and vice versa, and they work together. And if someone would want to add some other dll, it would work naturally as long as hooks don't overlap.

TAK02 wrote:
E1 Elite wrote:
Your IE EIP = 0x00615840 isn't there in ModEnc.

Dunno if you noticed, but ModEnc leaves much to be desired in terms of completion. Especially regarding the EIPs.

Information doesn't magically appear. It has to be researched and written down. If you want to complete the list, go for it. ModEnc is a wiki and everyone is invited to contribute.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon