Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Pressing TAB/Diplomacy = crash
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:  Pressing TAB/Diplomacy = crash Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another cncnet client + Syringed YR issue I'm facing.

This is happening without any mod files as well and only happens if I run YR syringed and only via client.

Should probably mention that it only happens when playing Allies, Soviet and Yuri. When playing new sides it works fine.

No IEs either, game just goes white and instantly closes

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The CNCNet client isn't stand-alone, AFAIK. Which game-version are you using? The one Westwood released all those years ago, TFD, Origin or XWIS?
The last is only one I know will close with no error message from the game what-so-ever when an IE is encountered.
"Game.exe encountered a critical error and needs to close. We don't apologize for the inconvenience. Do you wish to send a useless error report to MicroBrains' SlaveHouse?"LULZ!

The others should give... more. Perhaps Ares' log has something?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember this problem being reported on some Ares version but don't
know how it got solved.

If not resolved, could use Ares 0.B where it works.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@TAK02: there's a crash dump etc but I can't pick out anything in particular

@E1 Elite: Going down to Ares 0.B fixed it, anything 0.C above crashes, no idea what would cause this.

ayylmao on Discord

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Override/replace the Diplomacy flag names with custom ones for all countries you have (art doesn't matter afaik, only filename). That's how this got fixed in Red Resurrection.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you, that solved the issue.

ayylmao on Discord

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks guys, I'll look into this. I can't yet tell what's wrong, but if it can be fixed by manually setting tags, I'm sure it can be made to run when using only the defaults, too.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait, I don't get it. What's the solution? Changing side's/country's flags?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@AlexB: thanks!

@TAK02: add the File.Flag= tag to countries with a custom flag .pcx file Smile

ayylmao on Discord

unknown_men
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi! I'm got same error as XxpeddyxX got but after I add File.Flag= to each country (even prepared pcx file for it) game still crash when I pressing Diplomacy tab. What I should do now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon