Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:36 am
All times are UTC + 0
OS SHP Builder 3 Beta Testing Sign Up!
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2 [68 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject:  OS SHP Builder 3 Beta Testing Sign Up! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello people... after 5 months... we've... got a... beta version... for... this tool that used to be simple but we definitelly made a mess... I mean, it's really trully much better than what you ever expected for this tool, except that we dont have the so dreamed infantry generator yet. At least we have a cameo generator #Tongue... and it's a good one.

Sign Up in a reply, and we'll add you in the beta testing team. Here's the current beta testers:

- Sk8erkid
- ArgCmdr
- Reaperrr
- meselfs
- Triforce
- MadHQ
- Kravvitz
- Joe-J0e
- BrianPrime
- Clazzy
- ApolloTD
- NW4ever
- ZombyDragon
- Jango
- Fremen5
- Destroyer
- PyroAcid
- dark_elf_2001

=> Or check the following group: http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/groupcp.php?g=1096

And, here's a short of the aditional features of this beta:

Quote:
2.99.01 (aka 3.0 Beta 1)
- revisions by Banshee and Stucuk

- Added: Multiples Documents Interfaces. You can open the ammount of shp limited by your RAM at the same time. Each SHP may gain its own preview window.
- Added: Import Improved: More optimize options, more Colour Conversion Methods, ability to set a size for all frames independent of their original size and use pixel resizing or canvas resizing to ajust them.
- Added: Undo added! You can undo all your mistakes.
- Added: Resize Canvas.
- Added: Cameo Generator! It fully generates your cameo for RA2 and TS with few clicks of the mouse. It also comes with TS cameo backgrounds from SMIFFGIG and RA2 cameos made by ArgCmdr.
- Added: Preview has gained magnify (zoom) options.
- Added: Colour scheme support and instantaneous colour replacement. Also added support for Pal Pack I and II. Thanks to ArgCmdr.
- Added: 24 Bit Effects Colour Replacement. This is a variation of the colour replacement that allows you to add and reduce ammount of red, green and blue in the colours not specified at the Colours To Spare box.
- Added: Palette Conversion Colour Replacement. You can now do proper conversion between different palettes without screwing up the colours or appealing to PSP for every single frame (or exporting and importing again all the time).
- Added: PCX support added and although the Open Dialog box doesnt view it, you can import them as SHP or add them as cameo backgrounds (which we dont recommend).
- Added: The greatest majority of the old features are extremely faster. This includes: Import, AutoShadows, Colour Replacement, Sequence Maker, etc...
- Added: The usage of the select tool has been extended. You can now replace colours only in a selected area of the picture or make a cameo from the selected area of the picture.
- Added: New Shape: Elipse.
- Added: Colour Replacement is now ranged (from frame X to Y). Also, the normal colour replacement gained 13 spots, so you can replace 18 colours at once. Once you selected a colour to be replaced and a colour to replaced this colour, the program auto checks it for you.
- Added: You can now set which animations the sequence maker will have in the preferences. You can save them and load them whenever you want as well as export it to friends.
- Added: Fully compatibility with all custom schemes and palettes created with Open Source Palette Editor 1.1.
- Added: Batch tool and improved export tools.
- Fixed: Inumerous problems that were happening in the import image as SHP section and other loads of bugs...

And there are more stuff we added that we forgot... if you find out, please inform me Laughing.

Last edited by Banshee on Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:00 am; edited 10 times in total

Triforce
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sign Me Up!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yo! im in

meselfs
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do we get the app?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hold on... I need to make a forum for it and compile the thing and make the installer, etc...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Joe-joe

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you know im in ill give it a whirl Cool

JoeJOe
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol wasnt loged on ill try it. Cool

meselfs
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Hold on... I need to make a forum for it and compile the thing and make the installer, etc...

The beta needs an installer? Why not just a zip, with a reg file if necessary?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

read me calls more attention Wink.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

BrianPrime

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do i have to register these forums to be a beta tester?
If not, Or if So- IM IN!!!!!

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to help if possible.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, you need to register because we cant add guests to groups.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meselfs wrote:
Banshee wrote:

The beta needs an installer? Why not just a zip, with a reg file if necessary?

Installers make life simpler for the user and make it look like a more profesional beta.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gotta agree on the installer part, and if it isn't too late (doubts) Question

sign me in. Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right, but beta 1 wont have installer anymore... and you are in... I will update the list and the group soon...

NW4ever
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me too!!! Don't forget me!

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to #Mischievous

Jango
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd honored to sign in, if you wish

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm willing to test it out...
Smile

Destroyer
Medic

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you've got room left still, I'll help testing.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, people... when signing in, please inform your OS... It looks like the first beta doesnt work well for XP users Sad... But dont worry. we will sort it asap Wink.

genericstoner
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

id like to test it also Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Ok, people... when signing in, please inform your OS... It looks like the first beta doesnt work well for XP users Sad... But dont worry. we will sort it asap Wink.

The main problem is fixed... it's working beter now..

PyroAcid
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey can I beta for this?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For those who requested to beta test it, here's a message:

- We will accept you as soon as the program get a bit more stable on some machines.

NW4ever
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like on slow machines with Win98? Like mine?

Prime
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay. Im registered. Laughing
an i beta test it??? Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Sounds lke a great program. Rolling Eyes
can i sign up???? #Fade in

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Jango
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

patience is the key.
Awaiting... Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Like on slow machines with Win98? Like mine?

- Actually, Windows98 is one of the system it runs better #Tongue.

Quote:
Okay. Im registered.
an i beta test it???
Sounds lke a great program.
can i sign up????

Look at the list above, you were added already and you already have access to the beta forum.

meanmachine

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: shp maker Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey im a new user, i think, cuz ive just rigistered and i havent recieved a mail. if im registered then i wanna test beta

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

check your junk mail (if you have hotmail). You need that email to validate your account.

Anyway, I'm really happy to announce that the instability that hit some of the beta testers in the first beta is already solved. So, we gonna add some of you to the beta testing group very soon Smile.

Destroyer
Medic

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have XP, but I can get almost anything to work. If it's an evil file, it usually just takes a few BSODs first. Wink

m6ster16
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I mentioned above, there is no more evil access violations in the program. So, the current version is stable.

And jop (sup or m6ster16), beta testing cant be done through email. I'm using a forum... as it's better for this kind of thing.

Prime
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

where can or when can i get the beta to test? Confused

Elite General TankMaster
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to help beta test it as well. Just tell me what you need to know and I will try and give it to you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in the beta testing forum, inside OS SHP Builder forum Neutral

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've increased the number of beta testers and let's see how it progress.

The beta has no installer because I'm updating it constantly. So, installer makes it harder to update.

Anyway, those who were added to the Beta Testing Group (check your email), please, head yourself to this topic to download the Beta.

Also read this and this before reporting bugs or giving suggestions. As for the others, wait your time.. I will be adding people slowly depending on the progress on this beta testing.

m6ster16
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="Banshee"]
And jop (sup or m6ster16), beta testing cant be done through email. I'm using a forum... as it's better for this kind of thing.[/quote]

not sup...I was borrowing that...whatever you can do...email, forum I just wish to see all the new stuff :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yo count me in the testing

AlteredFreak
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oops that was me, i wonder why it doesnt always auto log you in

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sign me up.

Universe

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sign me in im registered now

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
#The fREaK!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why not? Im working on my Flame Infantry SHP again, so Im going to use it alot...

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#The fREaK!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The list havent been updated in 4 days...
Is the opportunity over? Neutral

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Anyway, those who were added to the Beta Testing Group ...

As for the others, wait your time.. I will be adding people slowly depending on the progress on this beta testing.

Nyerguds wrote:
Small question... does this tool support C&C1/RA1 SHP format?

-Nyerguds
C&C1 Mod Maker
http://www.planetcnc.com/cnc2sw/

Welcome to PPM Forums, Nyerguds! Smile

AFAIK, not yet.

However, you could use XCC Mixer to convert to the C&C1/RA1 SHP format after making it in the SHP (TS) format.

AFAIK, all four games use the same palette type, so importing the palettes from C&C1/RA1 should be no problem.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah... true. Shouldn't be a problem Smile

Lordata2956

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to be on the list
(i'm Lordata from tumsun and i haven't been able to sign up here so if thats a problem its fine)

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to have a registered forum account since guests can't b asigned access rights.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2 [68 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum