Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:00 am
All times are UTC + 0
Open Source HVA Builder 2.14 has been released!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject:  Open Source HVA Builder 2.14 has been released!
Subject description: The moment where the animation program gets... reanimated!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Howdy! We have more news today and this is a good one! Two new updated programs at once. The big deal is with the newest version of Open Source HVA Builder 2.14, although Open Source Voxel Viewer 1.83 also goes as a bonus.

Ok, I know some of you might be aware that we are not talking about a state of the art version of the HVA Builder, since stucuk was working on a 2.2 work in progress version. Unfortunately, he did not distribute the source code of his version yet, so I couldn't use it. From the features of his version, 2.14 only fixes the View Transform. But it comes with its own modest set of features as well. Here's the change log:

revisions by Banshee:

- Updated: Voxel Engine updated to 1.40.
- Added: You can now cap the rendering speed of the program up to 60 fps. It prevents it from unnecessarily burn your gpu and battery. FPS cap is enabled by default, but you can disable it in the Preferences -> Rendering Options.
- Added: You can change the palette in the Preferences -> Palette Options, using palettes from the TS and RA2 directories. The game is also determined by you, by choosing it near the Preferences in the menu.
- Bug Fix: View Transform now works correctly.
- Bug Fix: If you've downloaded the 2.13, the rendered voxel always update when you change something on the interface or on the voxel itself.
- Bug Fix: Additional memory leaks were fixed with screenshots, voxel sections and voxel views.
- Bug Fix: 360 degree animation no longer has blank frames.
- Bug Fix: A minor issue with 360 degree animation rotation has been fixed. The rotation starts after the first frame.
- Note: Despite versions 2.13 and 2.14 were coded from 2.1 the code (instead of 2.12), all features from 2.11 and 2.12 are valid for 2.14. This version does not have the features from 2.2 WIP 1 from stucuk, since its source code has never gone public.

This version also marks the first OS: HVA Builder that is in our SVN, together with OS: Voxel Viewer and Voxel Section Editor III at the same repository.

Since OS: HVA Builder shares the same Voxel Engine with OS: Voxel Viewer, we also have a quick update on the OS: Voxel Viewer itself. But, truth to be told, I don't think anyone will see any difference in this version. Except for the updated help file.

Anyway, here's OS: Voxel Viewer 1.83's change log as well:

revisions by Banshee:

- Fixed: Rotation does not move in the first frame of a 360 degree animation.
- Improved: Updated with Voxel Engine 1.40. It eliminates a couple of memory leaks.

And now, you no longer need to apply quick patches for the OS: HVA Builder. You can grab 2.14 in a single package. OS Voxel Viewer 1.83 can be downloaded here. If you run a website, feel free to also mirror these tools there. Enjoy it!

Key Words: #News #Release #OSHVABuilder #OSVoxelViewer #TiberianSun #RedAlert2 #OpenRA 

Last edited by Banshee on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent, i really focus on rotation, i actually had bugs throgh the years with it.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FINALLY!!! NO MORE BLANK FRAMES!!!

Thank you Banshee! Very Happy

I thought you left these two programs to die out Laughing

EDIT: I tested it, it still has blank frames, I was decieved! Should I uninstall the 2.12 before installing this update? Confused

Dummy10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Banshee, we can merge all sections of voxel into one section in HVA Builder ???

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, you need to copy & paste the sections together in VXLSE.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After fiddling around with HVA builder today I got quite annoyed at the FPS lock.

So I was confused because I was certain that the update I downloaded a while ago said the FPS etc was fixed.

Thing is.. The installer installs version 2.1, not 2.14.
I uninstalled HVABuilder multiple times using the uninstaller, just in case.

Whenever I install "2.14" (even the installer says so), all that's being installed is 2.1.

EDIT: So I downloaded 2.18d using the webSVN site.
Can't actually lock my frames at 60. Even though I checked the box, FPS still goes up to 4000

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!