Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[REQUEST] RA2 Beta Soviet Heavy Tank
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:  [REQUEST] RA2 Beta Soviet Heavy Tank
Subject description: The Double Barrelled MBT during the beta, not the Apocalypse.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going to remake it, I can't seem to find the voxel in the mixes. Could someone upload it here?

Thanks in advance Smile

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

T-tiny!? I'll make it HUGE then Laughing

Thanks TAK02 Smile

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The 3tnk vxl in the local.mix is the RA1 heavy tank.

The only double barrelled soviet tank seen in the RA2 beta screenshots was an early version of the Apoc, which featured a boxy all remap body similar in style to the original Mammoth tank. That vxl along with many other beta graphics have never been publicly available, multiple people have attempted to recreate it tho, you should be able to find one of them here or on YR:Arg.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found one made by FireStorm for PPM's 3rd Birthday, it was then released by Banshee.

I wonder why Westwood placed the RA1 Recreated Voxels in the mix when it wasn't used in the end, they could've placed the RA2 Beta ones anyway.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The oldies were from 'TS engine tests' days.
If you go through the MIXs in ra2.mix, you'll find a lot of them.

Would love to have them properly remade and scaled for C&C S Smile

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I gues they never had time to clean up the mixes. The game was rushed.

I wonder how much better they could have made it, if they had the time to
finish it properly...

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:
I gues they never had time to clean up the mixes. The game was rushed.

finish it properly...

Most computers were very weak compared to present day PCs back then, which would probably still lead to the crappy voxels, I'm not sure about the shps though, their shps look good but some are in need of touch-ups, maybe they would've provided more patches for the game if it weren't for EA Smile

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:
I guess they never had time to clean up the mixes. The game was rushed.

finish it properly...

Apparently, E:BfD was meant to have a sequel.
I won't spoil, but the Tleilaxu were meant to betray everyone, even the Guild!

It's all plans within plans within plans...

And the original C&C 3 Tiberian Twilight would've been a nose-bleed for C&C-fans Sad

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:
The game was rushed.

That's a very retarded myth. TS was postponed at least two times in its final development year alone.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Apparently, E:BfD was meant to have a sequel.
I won't spoil, but the Tleilaxu were meant to betray everyone, even the Guild!

It's all plans within plans within plans...

I would have loved such a game...

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wouldn't we all?

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:

Last I checked, YR counts as BOTH a sequel, AND an expansion.

In what universe?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It doesn't? I thought it did. Oh well. My mistake. Sorry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon