Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
How to install packs
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Arkadiy Kirilenko
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject:  How to install packs
Subject description: How to install this pack? https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=12738
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe that's question very stupid. But I rly don't know how install it. So, anyone can help me please?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a pack of individual voxel files & not a mod or add-on that can be simply "installed". To use them you'll need to manually coded them into the game's ini files yourself.

If you want to try adding them to the game there are several tutorials here on the forum that cover the basics of editing ini files. If you need any help or have any questions feel free to make a topic here too.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem is that the VXL and HVA filenames don't match the ones the game uses.
This means you'd have to rename all of them to match the units you want to replace.

Alternatively, use XCC Mixer to extract art.ini and rules.ini (if you haven't done so already, and remember to add the md suffix to all names for YR) and then put the VXLs and HVAs of the pack inside an expandxx.mix, xx being a random number between 01 and 99. (The last bit is only necessary to keep things nice and clean, from a file-point-of-view, but otherwise has no importance whatsoever).

Lastly, do this: open art.ini (artmd.ini for YR) and write this:
Code:
[UNITART] ;object-ID, case-sensitive
Voxel=yes ;@ all: is this even necessary?
Remapable=yes ;@ all: is this even necessary?
Cameo=HTNKICON ;self-explanatory, but you can have your own cameos
AltCameo=HTNKUICO ;     used, but place them in ecachexx.mix for RA2, not expandmdxx.mix.
PrimaryFireFLH=200,0,100 ;ripped off the Rhino here

NOTE: Replace UNITART with the VXL/HVA name, but don't add the ...tur.vxl or ...tur.hva here. That'd make the turrets their own units, art-wise (I think? Could someone re-confirm this?)

Finally, open rules(md).ini, and this to replace a unit's old appearance with a new one:
Code:
[UNITRULES]
Image=UNITART

Alternatively, add a new unit:
Code:
[VehicleTypes]
XX=UNITNAME ;XX can be literally anything, the game won't care.

NOTE: UNITNAME can be UNITART, too. It'll save you the need for Image= here.

Then add that new unit:
Code:
[UNITNAME]
;stats can be c&p from another unit, but dbl-chk it's from the [VehicleTypes] list first, and doesn't have JumpJet=yes. Flying tanks look weird, no?
Image=UNITART ;Again, only if UNITNAME =! UNITART

I think that should do it...

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon