Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
AI not building some certain defenses.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:  AI not building some certain defenses. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As the title says. I'm not sure why they won't build some certain defenses despite I've already listed them on Allied/Soviet/ThirdDefenses and obviously on BuildingTypes, has correct PreReq, Owner, RequiredHouses, AIBasePlanningSide, and their costs are $1200/$1500/$2000.

This one for example:

Code:
SovietBaseDefenses=NALASR,NABNKR,TESLA,NAFLAK,NANUK,NANUK1,NANUK2,NATNKBNK,NASNTY,NAMISSLSYS,TESLA2,NAHLCN,NAHLCN1,NAHLCN2,NACLP,NGFTUR

As for example of a base defense that AI can't/won't build:

Code:
[NAMISSLSYS]
UIName=Name:NAMISSLSYS
Name=Soviet Rocket Turret
BuildCat=Combat
Strength=900
Armor=steel
TechLevel=4
Prerequisite=NACNST,RADAR
Adjacent=3
Sight=10
ROT=8
Owner=Africans
RequiredHouses=Africans
AIBasePlanningSide=1 ;gs 0 for Good, 1 for Evil
Cost=1500
BaseNormal=no
Points=40
Power=-75
Crewed=no
Primary=MLRSLauncher
Capturable=false
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
DebrisAnims=DBRIS1LG,DBRIS1SM,DBRIS4LG,DBRIS4SM,DBRIS5LG,DBRIS5SM
MaxDebris=3
MinDebris=2
ThreatPosed=20   ; This value should be 0 for objects that are purely anti-air, since aircraft do not use the threat values
;DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,LGSparkSys
IsBaseDefense=yes
Powered=yes
Turret=yes
TurretAnim=NAMISSLSYSTUR
TurretAnimIsVoxel=false
;TurretAnim=NASAM_A
;TurretAnimIsVoxel=false
;TurretAnimX=-2
;TurretAnimY=10
TurretAnimZAdjust=-60
HasStupidGuardMode=false
WorkingSound=PowerOn
NotWorkingSound=PowerOff
ImmuneToPsionics=no ; defaults to yes for buildings, no for others
Drainable=yes
Sensors=yes
SensorArray=yes
SensorsSight=15
ImmuneToEMP=no

So supposedly Libyans should build this as their base defense but unfortunately they won't do so. Some other defenses that are listed there have no problems and AI players build them as how they build defenses normally but there are really SOME(Maybe more than 3 on that list) defenses that AI players won't really build.

I'm starting to wonder if there's a limit of listing, for instance, SovietBaseDefenses since my original problem is this.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You might need to define one or more of the following:
AntiInfantryValue=
AntiArmorValue=
AntiAirValue=

Their defaults are 0, hence the AI might not deem the building too valuable for defending the base against anything and thus might rather pick a different structure.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh you're right. I didn't expect that it'll affect AI's behavior on building defenses. Thanks!

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How is the likelihood for a certain defense to be built by AI calculated? Or this isn't a probabilistic thing at all?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
How is the likelihood for a certain defense to be built by AI calculated? Or this isn't a probabilistic thing at all?

in the base rules, no value is over 25, but you giv a number to
AntiInfantryValue=
AntiArmorValue=
AntiAirValue=
and the AI tries to balance this with threatlevel= IIRC.

so if you have 4 air units at threatlevel=10, and you have Anti-air at AntiAirValue=25, the AI will build 2 AA buildings to counter that, AFAIK, and will strive to keep all buildings in the radius of said defenses at an AA  value exceeding that of the perceived threat level, which is based on proximity to the base from what I'm aware.

Or I've been lied to and the AI plonks shit randomly and is dumb as a board.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MRMIdAS wrote:
Or I've been lied to and the AI plonks shit randomly and is dumb as a board.

Illuminati confirmed #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, AI isn't programmed to be so dumb. Even in TS, the proportions is
computed based on the building's weapon (AA or ground). Though the
building count is not so straight forward conversion, but it is a proportion
of the total count. And AntiXXXValue when all set to 0, AI doesn't produce
those.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This might be a little irrelevant to the topic but since it's also related to base defenses, so I might as well ask here instead of creating new topic.

So as I've fixed my original problem, there's something that bugs me, which is AI usually build only 1 or 2 anti-air defenses. How to make them at least build 5 or more? Or rather, why is this happening?

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lower the value of AntiAirValue=?

the AI should build more to cope with the perceived lack of defense.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It also depends on the enemy. If AntiXXXValue and AIForcePredictionFudge
isn't giving what you want, could use Ares AIBuildCounts, AIExtraCounts
instead of making those as defenses. And could still use IsBaseDefense for
AI considering it as defenses.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ohh thanks! I forgot that Ares has that feature.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon