Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am
All times are UTC + 0
Doom Desire End of 2017 Update
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject:  Doom Desire End of 2017 Update Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the last update in 2017 for Doom Desire, or the first one for 2018, depending where you live. But before going to 2017, there are still some things that happened in 2016 that didn't have their proper news post.

Vintarid Neonate The psionic energy that each Neonate has to handle is volatile, and it ends up lobotomizing most of them. Those that end up like that, are then used as a powerful anti-air weapon.

Vintarid Sleeper/Feral With entire cities turned into rubble, nobody could track what's happening to the population anymore. They were all deemed lost forever. Yet, many are still there, wandering without purpose, ignoring everything around them.
Sometimes, guided by an invisible force, they walk great distances to reach human settlements. Then, when a shadow passes over the sky, they wake up...

Vintarid Stalker First officially identified in the city of Wanamingo, Stalkers possess an ability to disappear in plain sight, making them impossible to spot with any optical device, and perfect for ambushes.

Vintarid gfx revamp
Featuring units not mentioned in any update on PPM yet, such as the H'derera Seeder and Goara Soulbinder.

Surmount There is a rumor among soldiers of a monstrosity that once plowed through an entire army alone. Those few that survived talking about an unstoppable, screaming horror, feeding on their fear itself, as if the hopelessness and inevitability of defeat materialized in a form of a hulking monster.
Theurge The elusive Theurges are probably the least understood thing on the battlefield. The reason for that is their nature: hyperdimensional beings capable of crossing time as effortlessly as we cross the street. Anyone, and anything, that faces a Theurge in combat, may find themselves back at home after having a strange dream they can't remember.
Or worse - never have been born in the first place.

Now, back to 2017, that started with very little to show, until April, when I managed to finish some things I was working on. Those being:

Civilian vehicles

Updated Dreamspark and Phantasm

Watcher It's rare for anyone to be able to spot a Watcher, but those who do, report of a series of mishaps, disasters and conflicts following the encounter. Most of them also ends up going insane, locked in a psychiatric ward.
Shifter Most humans abducted by the Vintarids end up abandoned to wander aimlessly, only to make them go feral when such need arises. For the rest of them, the most common fate used to be being sent back to their homes, with some modifications, where they could live their lives as if nothing happened, until given order to activate and wreck havoc.
Volatile Mind Some people are more than willing to join the aliens, either due to naivety, or their disgust for humanity. Others have such strong willpower that they need to be "acquired" regardless if they wish it or not. All of them receive a gift: ability to destroy objects with mere thought, at the cost of their mental stability.

Later I moved on to work on other Paladin Infantry, after which I went back to finish Vintarid ones.

Paladin Knightmare These humanoids are entirely covered with metal armor plates, with purple flames sipping through the holes. They close in, causing fear and confusion with their breath, to cut their targets with their flaming swords.

Sun's Chosen Sun's Chosen are probably the most diabolical and terrifying weapon that the aliens use - a pregnant human woman with a developing Neonate inside her, controlling her thoughts and actions. When its mission ends, or it feels threatened, the Neonate dies, creating a rift that kills all life forms in the vicinity, including its host.
Overseer Overseers are Theurges that appear in their true form - blonde humans of an unsettling beauty - commanding the Vintarid armies instead of engaging in combat themselves. Entering the battlefield has no effect on the control they have, but it splits their attention to their army and makes them unable to directly retaliate to attacks.

After that, with all Vintarid infantry being done, it was time to move to Essence again. First, another walker:

Essence Hephaestus Artillery Walker Essence combat doctrine expects ground forces to require as little aerial support as possible (which also includes no transportation through air), so a walker is more fitting for a heavy-gun platform, despite being potentially more vulnerable to attacks.

And then finally starting work on their infantry:

Raider Raiders are mostly volunteers, often without even the most basic military training, eager to join the cause against the aliens that destroyed their lives. Amateurish, naive and unpredictable, they are generally disliked by any real military personnel.
Intruder Each Intruder carries a backpack with enough power to support one strong area electromagnetic pulse that disables multiple targets at once. After using the charge, the device has to be left idle to recharge, otherwise, only a continuous single-target beam can be supported.

Rocker Quad While squads of Raiders are generally hated by proper military personnel, Rocket Quads are the first, and the most widespread, truly professional force. The launchers they carry are used to fire both anti-tank and anti-air missiles, sometimes even mortar shells.
Hunter Thanks to their rapid-fire sniper rifles, Hunters are able to quickly dispatch a small infantry squad from afar, which is especially helpful for base infiltration missions. They are also equipped with explosive charges they can plant on buildings and vehicles.

Engineer Engineers are equipped with what's necessary to capture and secure enemy structures. When the need arises, they can also use their suitcase as a timed bomb.
Surveillance Drone Fragile and unarmed, but fairly cheap and easily accessible, these flying drones provide anyone who purchases them with necessary intelligence and situational awareness.

Hopefully, I'll manage to finish Essence infantry soon, and then I'll be able to move to Paladins.
That's it for 2017. Have a happy 2018.

Key Words: #News #DoomDesire #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #Ares #Modification 

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When will the mod come out to release?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks impressive.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you never mentioned if there'll be a campaign featured for this mod. Which is sad, as this looks like quite an interesting story-setting.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
When will the mod come out to release?
When it's done. #Tongue

TAK02 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you never mentioned if there'll be a campaign featured for this mod.
Campaign will happen when there's enough content done for it. Until that, it has a lower priority.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you want help regarding story-polishing and/or re-chking the briefings/mission-texts for spelling mistakes, etc.?
Just asking.
From experience, you might need a few people to catch some typos, etc.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's far too early to worry about proofreading and fixing typos.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!