Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:36 am
All times are UTC + 0
AI cheating on skirmish?
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
uuuuh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:  AI cheating on skirmish? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just tried this and went to skirmish game to get full acces to all units. For me it seems that AI has unlimited resource cause blocked way for their harvester and they still build new units. Also they suddenly spawn dozen of air units out of nowhere which fly to their base.  Question

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The AI does start with more credits than human players do, but if you prevent them from harvesting they'll definitely go broke fairly quickly.

The AI is able to spawn multiple aircraft at the same time because unlike human players, the AI builds multiple of the same unit type at once if it has multiple of the same factory types. So if the AI has 3 helipads, it's able to build 3 aircraft at the same time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Einhander
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't worry uuuuh, while the AI seems insurmountable at first you will quickly realize that they can be easily defeated. When I first played DTA I was taken back a bit by how different the AI operated from the original C&C 95 version. Beleive it or not the AI is susceptible to all the potential issues the player may encounter such as depletion of resources, power outages, and even the rare pathing glitch. At first I thought the AI was designed to "cheat" against the player but later I understood that the AI kinda has to too some degree to keep pace with the player(s).

Air defense is a must for DTA, as the AI players will build a lot of air units. At higher difficulties they will even spam air attacks so you have to be ready. Here's a tip for you: Rocket infantry, and air defenses. While a lot of the air units will come from the edges of the map because the AI builds them while the helipads or airstrips are full. So ensure you either defend your base well or take the initiative to eliminate the threat.

Also don't forget about waypoints, I find sticking some AA patrolling waypoints comes in super handy.

uuuuh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Einhander wrote:
Don't worry uuuuh, while the AI seems insurmountable at first you will quickly realize that they can be easily defeated. When I first played DTA I was taken back a bit by how different the AI operated from the original C&C 95 version. Beleive it or not the AI is susceptible to all the potential issues the player may encounter such as depletion of resources, power outages, and even the rare pathing glitch. At first I thought the AI was designed to "cheat" against the player but later I understood that the AI kinda has to too some degree to keep pace with the player(s).

Air defense is a must for DTA, as the AI players will build a lot of air units. At higher difficulties they will even spam air attacks so you have to be ready. Here's a tip for you: Rocket infantry, and air defenses. While a lot of the air units will come from the edges of the map because the AI builds them while the helipads or airstrips are full. So ensure you either defend your base well or take the initiative to eliminate the threat.

Also don't forget about waypoints, I find sticking some AA patrolling waypoints comes in super handy.

I can defeat AI, its not issue. However, i always get annoyed when AI doest play on same rules than human. Just played against hard GDI and while human player is limited to 3 airport&A10, AI build 6...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A non-cheating AI would be too easy to be any challenge and thus no fun to play against at all.

Other than that, it's because of engine limitations.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Einhander
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have never seen the GDI AI ever build more than 3 airstrips. That is quite peculiar...

However if I remember correctly the AI has the same building restrictions the player does (modified slightly depending on the map). While I have seen the AI build power plants not specific to their faction. I say I have to doubt your accusation uuuuh without visible evidence to back it up.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Extreme AI can build 6 airstrips. The regular Hard AI builds 2 to 4 airstrips.

The AI doesn't respect the cap of 3 A-10s, though. It can also build more than 1 of various special units like the X-O, Cyborg and Volkov, although it does that very rarely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum